Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #22449
View in threaded mode

Subject: "RF control for d7000" Previous topic | Next topic
hankwt Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Mar 2012Mon 03-Dec-12 10:23 PM
99 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"RF control for d7000"

kingsville, CA

Im looking for a decent RF control for my D7000 i am currently using the ML l3 but there are distance and bright light limitations due to infra red . any have any luck with these that you could recommend ??
Ive found 1 on amazon made by Neewer for 12 bucks but the cheap price scares me !!! any and all suggestions greatly appreciated

BW- Big Wayner My motocross kid is faster than your A student !!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Remooc Registered since 25th Sep 2012Tue 04-Dec-12 01:22 PM
33 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: RF control for d7000"
In response to Reply # 0

Newquay, Cornwall, GB

Hello Hank,
The Nikon remote does have a serious limitation of distance. Around 5 meters maximum due to infrared technology. I have purchased a Pixel RW-221TX wireless remote control, due to it operating on radio frequencies it has a 100 m range which more than covers my needs of a range around 20 - 30 meters. It has 4 modes, single shot, multiple shot, bulb and timer. There is a small led light which sits on the receiver on the hot shoe which confirms operation. It's a bit more expensive but it works really well and at a good distance.

Chris Platt Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Sep 2012Tue 04-Dec-12 02:27 PM
474 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: RF control for d7000"
In response to Reply # 0

Newburg, US

Most of the inexpensive remotes available on eBay that are made in China work well. The model you're looking at has limited functions which probably explains the lower price. Many of the remotes come with a delay function and multiple release function which you may not care about anyway, since you can set them on the camera.

Pixel, Neewer, Phottix; they all work ok. You may want to visit their websites to see the range of models they offer. Perhaps you'll find one with extra functions that you think are worth a little extra expense.

Visit my gallery.

RLDubbya Registered since 24th Dec 2011Tue 04-Dec-12 02:38 PM
542 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: RF control for d7000"
In response to Reply # 0

US

This was just discussed a couple weeks ago. Scroll down the main page for the D7000 forum, or click here if you're a trusting soul.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #22449 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.