Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #434
View in threaded mode

Subject: "MB-D11 prices" Previous topic | Next topic
yelcab Registered since 30th Nov 2006Fri 24-Sep-10 04:24 PM
911 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"MB-D11 prices"

San carlos, US

Does anybody have a guess as to how much this grip is?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
jbloom Gold Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments in several forums. Nikonian since 15th Jul 2004Fri 24-Sep-10 06:25 PM
6109 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: MB-D11 prices"
In response to Reply # 0

Wethersfield, US

I haven't seen any definitive information, but I'm assuming it will be priced in the same ballpark as the MB-D10 since it is mechanically and electrically so similar. But that's just a guess.

-- Jon
Wethersfield, CT, USA
Connecticut High School Sports Photos

yelcab Registered since 30th Nov 2006Fri 24-Sep-10 06:43 PM
911 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: MB-D11 prices"
In response to Reply # 1

San carlos, US

well then, a $300 grip for a $1200 camera just to extend the battery life seems ... excessive.

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009Fri 24-Sep-10 09:10 PM
3300 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: MB-D11 prices"
In response to Reply # 2
Sat 25-Sep-10 08:39 AM by km6xz

St Petersburg, RU

I am sure that with such a mass appeal camera, 3rd party grips will be out very soon. Zeikos makes great, low cost grips for the D90 and I believe they also have one for the D300 so surely they will have one, under $100 for the D7k
With >1000 shot rating for the internal battery, the grip's least important feature is extended battery life. The great improvement in handling probably benefits D90/7k size bodies more than any other size. I do not know of anyone who would take theirs off even for a minute after feeling the difference. By comparison the D300 feels sort of average and the D3s feels similar to the gripped D90/7k but better. Shooting at slower shutter speeds, without a tripod, with lenses like the 70-200vr, every shot is just better. Although I like the larger heavier bodies, the gripped D90 is a better balance and perfect size for a DSLR, but a little too small without it.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

dnf777 Registered since 08th Jan 2009Sat 25-Sep-10 03:48 AM
348 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: MB-D11 prices"
In response to Reply # 2

Franklin, US

Given how well the zeikos performs on my d90, I don't see how NIkon sells any of their grips. I love the balance and feel the ziekos grip adds, flawless performance, and battery life.

I must admit, just like my truck with a huge gas tank, it's actually easier to run out, because its soooo darn long in between fill ups, you forget to keep track. Same with the battery grip. They last so long, its easy to lose track. I've made it part of my mindless routine to always do a battery check when I dig my camera out of its bag for that reason. (and carry a few extra batts)

Dave F
Franklin, Pa

"Always do right. You'll gratify some, and astound the rest." Mark Twain

jbloom Gold Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments in several forums. Nikonian since 15th Jul 2004Sat 25-Sep-10 11:31 AM
6109 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: MB-D11 prices"
In response to Reply # 3

Wethersfield, US

To me, the main advantage is the additional shutter release and controls in portrait mode. A lot of my sports shooting is in that orientation, and I'm addicted to having having those controls conveniently placed.

-- Jon
Wethersfield, CT, USA
Connecticut High School Sports Photos

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #434 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.