Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #9530
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Waterproof covers" Previous topic | Next topic
mjd1969 Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Jul 2009Wed 25-May-11 05:15 PM
5 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Waterproof covers"

Westminster, US

Usually I'm a fair weather photographer - my camera stays inside when the weather is bad. But I'm heading to Alaska in 2 weeks and realize that given the weather this time of year, it's going to be wet from time to time. I'm taking my D7000 along with 18-105, 70-300, and 150-500 lenses. The 150-500 will probably stay on the boat most of the time as I don't want to lug it everywhere, but the other two will be with me most days. Can anyone recommend something I can use to keep the setup dry? My bag has a rain cover already and I'm not looking to shoot in downpours, but I need something to protect things in a light drizzle.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mike

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
egmonster Gold Member Nikonian since 10th Mar 2011Wed 25-May-11 05:41 PM
19 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Waterproof covers"
In response to Reply # 0

Egmont, CA

Hi. I live in bc Canada. It rains here a wee bit. I just got this:

Kata bags element cover e-702

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/316856-REG/Kata_KT_E_702_E_702_GDC_Elements_Cover.html/BI/4775/KBID/5289/

It is quite good. And it has extensions for longer lenses.

Cheers
And have fun on your trip!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #9530 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.