Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #2500
View in threaded mode

Subject: "New D7K no hot pixels I think" Previous topic | Next topic
Coldfront Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Mar 2004Sun 28-Nov-10 05:10 PM
264 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
"New D7K no hot pixels I think"

Marengo, US

Well I picked up my D7000 and was playin around with it this am.Of course I had to Check for Hot Pixels. I shot about 10-12 seconds in movie and playedback on the camera monitor. A very dark night no stars. Is this ok or should I be hooded up to my computer monitor or a tv? As an old guy trying to get up to speed in digital this is like Elmer Fudd gets a Ferrari. thanx jim

Coldfront

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
billD80 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2007Sun 28-Nov-10 06:00 PM
2116 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: New D7K no hot pixels I think"
In response to Reply # 0

US

>Well I picked up my D7000 and was playin around with it this
>am.Of course I had to Check for Hot Pixels. I shot about 10-12
>seconds in movie and playedback on the camera monitor. A very
>dark night no stars. Is this ok or should I be hooded up to my
>computer monitor or a tv?

Well, if after doing this you didn't notice anything amiss, would it matter if some other methodology revealed something? I guess what I'm saying is, in all likelihood, you've got a wonderful camera.

We should all stop overly-looking for hot pixels and enjoy capturing great images.

www.billkeane.zenfolio.com

JPJ Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Aug 2009Sun 28-Nov-10 10:38 PM
1327 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: New D7K no hot pixels I think"
In response to Reply # 0

Toronto, CA

Though I agree that the hot pixel "issue" has been completely blown out of proportion, I doubt you would see much on the camera LCD if it was there.

Normal playback on a computer monitor is fine. I have shot video at High ISOs in 1080p and no problems.

Jason

Coldfront Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Mar 2004Mon 29-Nov-10 03:45 PM
264 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#3. "RE: New D7K no hot pixels I think"
In response to Reply # 2

Marengo, US

I also understand (from spending time here)that the hot pixel thing is overblown.That being said, my local shop has a limited return policy so I wanted to see if it was ok. I understand that if you have hot pixels they can be corrected down the road with nikon's software. I don't buy hardware that often and don't want to have to find somwhere to get the problem fixed so it was kinda important to me. This morning I hooked the body up to a 1080 19" flatscreen and it was perfactly black for a 15 min video so I'm good. The upside to all this is its gettin Digital creten to learn how to do things. As I have said on a few posts I'm an older guy tring to get up to speed on digital. Anyway thanks for the response. This forum is a Godsend for my purpose. Thanx jim

Coldfront

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #2500 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.