Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #10053
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Help with flash compatibility" Previous topic | Next topic
Bela614 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Dec 2004Sat 11-Jun-11 12:18 AM
308 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Help with flash compatibility"

Bellingham, US

Hello,
I just finished reading Amazon's profile for this camera. I have been thinking about getting one. I have two SB800 flashes but the Amazon profile states flash compatibility with the SB600, 700 and 900. No mention of the SB 800. Can I use the SB800 both as a remote or TTL with this camera?
Thanks in advance,
Bill

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see" Henry David Thoreau
(1817-62)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
elec164 Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Jan 2009Sat 11-Jun-11 12:41 AM
1966 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Help with flash compatibility"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I use my SB800 with my D7000 with no apparent issues. Being that the SB800 is a discontinued model could be why they don't list it.

Pete

Bela614 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Dec 2004Sat 11-Jun-11 12:50 AM
308 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Help with flash compatibility"
In response to Reply # 1

Bellingham, US

Thanks for the information Pete. I really appreciate it. I checked out your pics in your gallery and I am very impressed. Thank you for sharing.

Bill

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see" Henry David Thoreau
(1817-62)

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #10053 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.