Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #780
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Nikon D7000 right for me?" Previous topic | Next topic
agarabaghi Registered since 13th Oct 2010Wed 13-Oct-10 07:04 PM
6 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon D7000 right for me?"

US

So I have a D40, and a Canon XH A1. I usually do a lot of filming, but have recently gotten into still pictures. Im looking for a camera that will offer me both, HD video and nice still pictures.

Ive used nikon DSLRs and really feel comfortable sticking with nikon, as my friend has a lot of glass i could borrow.

The only downside is that the video at 1080p only does 24fps... and 720p at 30fps max. Most of the filming i will be doing will be for the web, so 720p and 30fps should be enough, but the fact that canon does 720p at 60fps is nice.

So help me convince myself that the D7000 is right for me.

Pros:
HD Video (20+ min of recording)
upgrade from my D40
ability to use my friends glass
familiar with nikons

Cons:
Not out yet (does anyone know when this camera will be shipping?)
24fps and 30fps 1080p/720p

Thanks!

http://www.tripxamerica.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Gamecocks Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jul 2010Wed 13-Oct-10 08:57 PM
982 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon D7000 right for me?"
In response to Reply # 0

Joanna, US

"60 fps is nice" but - is it needed? If yes, that's one answer to help with your decision. If you already have lens that will work for a Nikon and a friend that will loan out lens - big advantage over buying new lens for Canon.
As I see it there is only one possibly valid Con and that is the filming. I say possibly because only you can determine what you need in that area. Again, is it really needed? I've been told the Camera will be on shelves once preorders have been handled. Good luck.

Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others. <><

agarabaghi Registered since 13th Oct 2010Thu 14-Oct-10 12:19 AM
6 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikon D7000 right for me?"
In response to Reply # 1

US

The 60fps is the biggest question. I use to film sports, so it was nice. But now it seems like even the sports i film, are moving towards more cinema style shots where colors and landscape plays more of a role...

http://www.tripxamerica.com

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #780 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.