Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #1697
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Nikon D7000 For Studio Work" Previous topic | Next topic
jman76 Registered since 10th Nov 2010Wed 10-Nov-10 02:28 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon D7000 For Studio Work"

US

I was Wondering if anyone has had a chance to play with the new D7000 in a studio situation with strobes and what there thoughts and feelings are. I have been saving for a new camera and have enough put back to purchase the D700 which is an easy choice in doing studio work, but after reading allot of reviews and forums about the new d7000 i was wondering if anyone has played around much with a traditional studio setup, strobe lights mainly. Gut feeling says stick with the d700 but curiosity is peaked about the d7000, I also do allot of landscapes.

Thanks For any help

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
dankeny Gold Member Nikonian since 29th May 2006Wed 10-Nov-10 11:00 PM
1496 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon D7000 For Studio Work"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed 10-Nov-10 11:03 PM by dankeny

Roland, US

7k 851.4g. Medium Softbox front, umbrella back. If you have room, the 7k is pretty easy to like. The VOF limits your options with DX if you are crowded.

http://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showphoto.php/photo/281899/size/big/cat/10612

David

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009Thu 11-Nov-10 04:20 PM
3299 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikon D7000 For Studio Work"
In response to Reply # 0

St Petersburg, RU

While everyone is talking about high ISO, the first images I saw suggested extended DR at low ISO would be its strongest suite. DxO seems to support that. If in the studio, you can use all the range it has at 100, the saturation level over the noise floor is spectacular.
Your lenses will have to be shorter to use DX unless you have a large space however, compared to conventional studio cameras; the D3(x, s) or D700.

Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

jman76 Registered since 10th Nov 2010Thu 11-Nov-10 05:20 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Nikon D7000 For Studio Work"
In response to Reply # 2

US

I'm really not concerned about the high iso because i will be using strobes, i was wondering more about saturation, resolution,overal quality in a studio setup. I started with the d200 and went to the d300 so I have grown use to the dx crop factor.

Ty for your responses so far

deviantspeed Registered since 31st Oct 2010Thu 11-Nov-10 07:10 PM
7 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Nikon D7000 For Studio Work"
In response to Reply # 3

US

>I'm really not concerned about the high iso because i will be
>using strobes, i was wondering more about saturation,
>resolution,overal quality in a studio setup. I started with
>the d200 and went to the d300 so I have grown use to the dx
>crop factor.
>
>Ty for your responses so far

I've used it with bees and the kit lens. Very impressed with the output but don't know why this would be a concern.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #1697 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.