Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #21891
View in threaded mode

Subject: "D7000 Video Date is wrong" Previous topic | Next topic
ronludekens Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd Apr 2006Fri 02-Nov-12 01:47 AM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7000 Video Date is wrong"

Visalia, US

The date setting on my D7000 is correct and all my stills (RAW) on the cards in card 1 or card 2 are correct. But whenever I shoot a video (stored on card 2), the file is dated for 2009. Since I import into Lightroom and store by date this is becoming a pain to find my videos. Any ideas why this is happening and how to solve it.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Personal galleries.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009Sat 03-Nov-12 02:21 PM
3301 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7000 Video Date is wrong"
In response to Reply # 0

St Petersburg, RU

I do not know the answer, Googled for one but mentions of this problem has not been indexed(except for this questions last a link back here).
Are you formatting the cards in the computer or camera? They ought to be formatted in the camera.
Maybe someone will have an answer as this reply will bump it up to the top again.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

ronludekens Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd Apr 2006Sat 03-Nov-12 11:10 PM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7000 Video Date is wrong"
In response to Reply # 1

Visalia, US

I format the cards in camera
Thank you

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009Sun 04-Nov-12 06:04 PM
3301 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D7000 Video Date is wrong"
In response to Reply # 2

St Petersburg, RU

I am affraid I do not have an answer, it is probably time to contact Nikon Support because if this problem has been seen before, I sure could not find any mention of it when searching the web.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

txstone12 Gold Member Nikonian since 12th Feb 2012Sun 04-Nov-12 07:51 PM
208 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D7000 Video Date is wrong"
In response to Reply # 0

Texas, US

Something you may want to try before you send it in.

When you playback video on the LCD screen, is the date displayed correctly?

I just verified on my D7000 that videos (.mov files) are dated correctly and sorted on import correctly by LR 4. I am using a M/D/Y Date Format - the D7000 has three choices.

You could eliminate Card 2 differences by writing (for a test) to Card 1.

As Stan was able to verify on Google, this has NEVER happened before - only kidding!

David

Visit my Nikonians gallery

Visit my SmugMug Gallery.

ronludekens Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd Apr 2006Mon 05-Nov-12 01:55 AM
#5. "RE: D7000 Video Date is wrong"
In response to Reply # 4

Visalia, US

Thank you for your research. I always like to be the "First" with things...
Today, with the daylight savings time change, I changed all my cameras time back one hour.
Tonight, I decided to test in different card slots as you suggested and all my videos in both slots have the right date. Go figure. So problem has disappeared. Makes no sense. I've had the camera through at least 2 other time changes and time zone changes when traveling so why it works today is beyond me. I have sufficient videos with wrong dates to prove otherwise but I'll be happy if it stays fixed.
Again, thank you all for your research and suggestions.

txstone12 Gold Member Nikonian since 12th Feb 2012Mon 05-Nov-12 05:50 PM
208 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: D7000 Video Date is wrong"
In response to Reply # 5

Texas, US

Glad to hear Date is working correctly now!

David

Visit my Nikonians gallery

Visit my SmugMug Gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #21891 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.