Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #21495
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Capture NX2 can't open D7000 NEF files" Previous topic | Next topic
twamers Registered since 20th Jul 2012Sat 13-Oct-12 12:37 PM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Capture NX2 can't open D7000 NEF files"

Bristol, GB

I have a copy of Nikon Capture NX2 (version 2.2.1) - it won't open NEF files for the D7000 that I now have (opens D5000 NEF ok). I'm assuming a NEF codec download or something will correct this?? I'm in the UK so use the Nikon Europe site. Have looked but can't find anything. Could someone help me on this please. Many thanks.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009Sat 13-Oct-12 01:06 PM
2909 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Capture NX2 can't open D7000 NEF files"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat 13-Oct-12 01:15 PM by Leonard62

Hatboro, Pa, US

You have an older version of CNX2. You need to upgrade to the latest version. As Nikon adds new camera bodies they include them in CNX2 as an upgrade. Just make sure your computer is compatible with the latest version. As an example the latest upgrades do not support MAC computers with non-Intel CPUs.

I didn't see the latest version on the Nikon UK site but it is in the download section on the NikonUSA site. The latest version is 2.3.0 with an update to 2.3.4

Len

twamers Registered since 20th Jul 2012Sat 13-Oct-12 04:37 PM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Capture NX2 can't open D7000 NEF files"
In response to Reply # 1

Bristol, GB

Thank you Len. I've done exactly what said - gone to 2.3.0 and it opens the D7000 NEF files fine - and then to 2.3.4 so as I have the latest update. The UK site is pretty poor and it's not easy to find things there, I downloaded from the US site and when I checked my download folder 2 versions were there - Europe and US. Anyway I'm up and running and thanks for your help on this - appreciated.

Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009Sat 13-Oct-12 05:36 PM
2909 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Capture NX2 can't open D7000 NEF files"
In response to Reply # 2

Hatboro, Pa, US

That's great. Enjoy.

Len

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009Sun 14-Oct-12 08:14 PM
3292 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Capture NX2 can't open D7000 NEF files"
In response to Reply # 2

St Petersburg, RU

As a bonus, besides being able to recognize D7000 files, the nearer versions are noticeably faster, less likely to crash and generally work better than all versions before 6 months ago.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #21495 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.