Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #1570
View in threaded mode

Subject: "D7000 Arrived last night" Previous topic | Next topic
eagle101st Registered since 23rd Oct 2010Sat 06-Nov-10 02:35 PM
15 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7000 Arrived last night"

US

My first DSLR...I have a ton to learn! My son has a birthday party to go to today so I will be testing the heck out of it.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
KnightPhoto Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006Sun 07-Nov-10 05:53 AM
4184 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7000 Arrived last night"
In response to Reply # 0

Alberta, CA

You have made a great choice in a first DSLR, you are in for a treat!

I never had a DSLR with a full auto setting before, but full Auto and AF-A might be a good place to start (unless you had a film SLR in which case you may not need to go automatic at all).

I have used AF-A for autofocus on my D700 with some success at times. It will be interesting to try it on the D7000 to see if it is better. I use this mode sometimes in theatre where I have zero time to move the focus point where I need it, so I just compose and shoot, trusting AF-A to do the right thing. Because at least on my D700 it doesn't always focus where I want it to, I don't use AF-A a lot, but depending on one's experience it might make a great starting point.

Hope the BP went well!

Best regards, SteveK

'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
My Nikonians gallery
My Nikonians Blog

eagle101st Registered since 23rd Oct 2010Wed 10-Nov-10 05:03 AM
15 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7000 Arrived last night"
In response to Reply # 1

US

I love this camera! I shot a ton of photos at the birthday party and I am very impressed with it. I also shot photos and video at my son's taekwondo dojo and they came out fantastic. The video does not have any hot pixels like I have heard some of the D7000 have so I am very excited that this one is a keeper.

viralpix Registered since 07th Nov 2010Wed 10-Nov-10 06:58 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D7000 Arrived last night"
In response to Reply # 2

IN

Pls show us some samples from the birthday party you shot.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #1570 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.