Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #21233
View in threaded mode

Subject: ""Demo"" Previous topic | Next topic
Caroleen Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Dec 2007Fri 28-Sep-12 02:39 AM
131 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
""Demo""

Carthage, US

Has anyone had the problem of taking a picture and in the left hand corner a little red box comes up saying "Demo". At the same time the memory card display says "E" as if there is not a memory card in the slot. Just wandering because I have a time that I can take the camera back if there is something wrong with it.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009Fri 28-Sep-12 02:53 AM
3262 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: "Demo""
In response to Reply # 0

St Petersburg, RU

The DEMO is displayed when taking a photo but the camera thinks there is no memory card, as in the case in a store where there is no card but you can take photos that are stored in RAM temporarily.
The two symptoms suggest an intermittent or defective card. Try removing it and reinserting it a couple time to see if the "ERR" goes away, if it does, reformat the card. Try another card to make sure the problem is not in the camera and is limited to the card. Be sure to use the internal camera Format function, not your computer t format the card.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Nikonian since 12th Sep 2006Fri 28-Sep-12 03:02 AM
11064 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: "Demo""
In response to Reply # 0

Lowden, US

Hi Carol,

Either there is no card in the camera or the camera is unable to read the memory card.

Try to format the card in the camera (page 236 in the manual.)

If you cannot format the card in the camera put it in a card reader and try formatting it with your computer. If the computer can format the card then try it again in the camera.

If the card reads on the computer but you still cannot get it to work in the camera then you should try another card.

If you cannot get any cards to work in the camera then you probably need to take it back and exchange it for another.

Dave Summers
Lowden, Iowa
Nikonians Photo Contest Director

Nikonians membership -
"My most important photographic investment, after the camera"

My Nikonians Gallery | SummersPhotoGraphic.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Showcase your best work in any of our 7 Monthly Nikonians Photo contests.

Wildlife | Landscape | Macro | Sports | Travel | Underwater | Online Assignments| Best of 2014

Caroleen Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Dec 2007Fri 28-Sep-12 04:08 AM
131 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: "Demo""
In response to Reply # 2

Carthage, US

Actually the camera will take 20 or so pictures and then all of a sudden on one image the "Demo" button will come up. I take out the memory card and re-insert it and the "E" goes off and the "Demo" button also. I was just wandering if this was the camera's doing or the memory card. If its the camera then I need to take the camera back and exchange it.

Thanks for everyones input. Always appreciated.

PerroneFord Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Apr 2011Fri 28-Sep-12 05:26 AM
2475 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: "Demo""
In response to Reply # 3

Tallahassee, US

What kind of card. Post the exact name and size from the card here.

>Actually the camera will take 20 or so pictures and then all
>of a sudden on one image the "Demo" button will come
>up. I take out the memory card and re-insert it and the
>"E" goes off and the "Demo" button also.
>I was just wandering if this was the camera's doing or the
>memory card. If its the camera then I need to take the camera
>back and exchange it.
>
>Thanks for everyones input. Always appreciated.

------
Webpage: http://www.ptfphoto.com

dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Nikonian since 12th Sep 2006Fri 28-Sep-12 02:56 PM
11064 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: "Demo""
In response to Reply # 3

Lowden, US

I would try a new card to see if it does the same thing.

You could have a memory card that has some bad sectors or is about to fail.

Dave Summers
Lowden, Iowa
Nikonians Photo Contest Director

Nikonians membership -
"My most important photographic investment, after the camera"

My Nikonians Gallery | SummersPhotoGraphic.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Showcase your best work in any of our 7 Monthly Nikonians Photo contests.

Wildlife | Landscape | Macro | Sports | Travel | Underwater | Online Assignments| Best of 2014

meadowlark Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Sep 2006Sat 29-Sep-12 01:12 AM
58 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: "Demo""
In response to Reply # 0

Springfield, US

Check page 234 in the User Manual, f8:Slot Empty Release Lock.

Caroleen Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Dec 2007Sat 29-Sep-12 01:40 AM
#7. "RE: "Demo""
In response to Reply # 6

Carthage, US

Thank you Meadowlark, I checked it out and changed the setting so we'll see what happens now. I had looked in the manual and couldn't find anything about it.

I appreciate it.
Caroleen

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #21233 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.