Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #20900
View in threaded mode

Subject: "I Got IT!!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
Caroleen Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Dec 2007Tue 11-Sep-12 12:28 AM
133 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"I Got IT!!!!"

Carthage, US

Well, today was my lucky day. My husband said since we were going on vacation soon that I could purchase the D7000 today. Of course, I didn't wait a day I went right down to the store and purchased it.
I am so excited to be having a camera like this. Only hope I can get the full use out of it.

Which memory card would you suggest? The two salesmen at Best Buy both said something different. Will be posting some pictures soon.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RockyIII Gold Member Nikonian since 27th May 2006Tue 11-Sep-12 01:03 AM
3019 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: I Got IT!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Raleigh, US

Congratulations on your new D7000! I like the SanDisk Extreme Pro 45MB/s 8GB or 16GB SDHC UHS-1 memory cards for this camera, although I also have some 95MB/s cards.

Rocky

wmcy Gold Member Nikonian since 21st Aug 2006Tue 11-Sep-12 01:33 AM
794 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: I Got IT!!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

Charlotte, US

Another vote for SanDisk. I use the Extreme Pros 95MB/s and have been very satisfied with them. Enjoy your vacation and your new D7000.

Wm.

GCDawn Registered since 18th Dec 2010Tue 11-Sep-12 07:46 AM
64 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: I Got IT!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue 11-Sep-12 07:47 AM by GCDawn

Gold Coast, AU

I also have two of the 16GB Sandisk Extreme 45 MB/S cards and they're great. Just as fast as the D7000 I believe.
Dawn.

Bravozulu Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Jun 2012Wed 12-Sep-12 01:36 AM
761 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: I Got IT!!!!"
In response to Reply # 3

Los Angeles, US

SanDisc Extreme Pro is the card to get. But I have two of the 8Gb size cards. Each will hold about a thousand Jpeg images, or over 400 NEF (raw) images.

Are you a pro photographer? If not, I would think the 2x8Gb cards would suffice.

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Wed 12-Sep-12 02:32 AM
25707 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: I Got IT!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Carol,

Congratulations on your new D7000.
Both Sandisk and Lexar make excellent memory cards.
You can't go wrong with either brand.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

hawaii502160 Registered since 11th Feb 2011Wed 12-Sep-12 12:56 PM
183 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: I Got IT!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Cleveland, US

Congratulations on your new camera, you are going to love it!

I use mostly SanDisk Extreme cards, but I also have 1 Lexar Pro, and 2 PNY Pro cards. All have worked flawlessly so far.

LeeSyl Silver Member Nikonian since 05th May 2011Wed 12-Sep-12 01:26 PM
132 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: I Got IT!!!!"
In response to Reply # 6

Belleville, US

I use either Sandisk Extreme or Lexar Pro. I do not use higher than 8 GB and I shoot in raw as a general rule. Best of luck with the camera.
Lee

Lissajous Silver Member Nikonian since 01st May 2011Mon 26-Nov-12 11:13 PM
26 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: I Got IT!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Gosford, AU

Great news re the D7k. Congratulations!

I shoot max resolution and save both RAW and JPG to both slots (for backup). I have half a dozen SanDisk Extreme cards in 32GB size. They are getting cheap. Just one note of caution - only buy from reputable sources as memory products are frequently fakes. Especially on eBay. The most common problem is re-programmed cards that report a higher capacity than they actually posess. When filled beyond their actual capacity they will overwrite and corrupt earlier files. And in a camera you will always trigger this condition eventually if it's there. I ALWAYS test new cards with a free Windows utility called H2testw. You can get it from www.heise.de/download/h2testw.html. Don't worry about the German language. The opening screen has an English option.

tekneektom Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Nov 2011Mon 26-Nov-12 11:41 PM
1785 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: I Got IT!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Land O Lakes, US

Congratulations on your D7000!

As for a SDHC card - I use Transcend 16GB & 32GB Calss 10 cards - you can get them at Amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_2_8?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=transcend+16gb+class+10&sprefix=transcen%2Caps%2C188

I've got 12 cards and have never had an issue with them and they're priced right!

I'd also order a copy of "Mastering The Nikon D7000" by Darrel Young -
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_19?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=mastering+the+nikon+d7000&sprefix=mastering+the+nikon%2Caps%2C239&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Amastering+the+nikon+d7000&ajr=0

It's a really good book regarding how to set up your D7000 and how to use it.

Tom

RLDubbya Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Dec 2011Tue 27-Nov-12 12:34 AM
553 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: I Got IT!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue 27-Nov-12 12:35 AM by RLDubbya

US

Another vote for Sandisk Extreme.

The only card I wouldn't use: Transcend. Note the stickied post at the top of the forum, and read through it. Transcend cards seem to cause the camera to take a long time to clear the buffer - so, shoot on CH, fill the buffer, and most cards take 9-10 seconds for the buffer to empty. Transcend seem to take 25+ seconds for the same operation.

I started with Transcend before I knew this, and had to be very careful about how I used the CH setting. Getting Sandisk cards really changed how I can shoot fast-paced events.

EDIT: Congratulations, and good luck sleeping for the next couple days! Enjoy - it's a great camera.

Squirri Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Apr 2012Tue 27-Nov-12 06:17 PM
31 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: I Got IT!!!!"
In response to Reply # 10

GB

I'll add my voice to those supporting Sandisk. Used them for years, never had any problems.

You are going to love that camera when you've banged off a few hundred images!! I'd recommend Darrell Young's book 'Mastering the Nikon D7000' if reading books rather than the Nikon manual is your sort of thing.

res ipsa loquitur

fenris117 Registered since 18th Dec 2011Wed 05-Dec-12 02:53 AM
76 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: I Got IT!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I'd say SanDisk Extreme Pro 45MB/s 8GB or 16GB SDHC

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #20900 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.