Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #13706
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Help with D7000 video capture" Previous topic | Next topic
wgregww1 Registered since 26th Nov 2011Sun 27-Nov-11 04:10 PM
26 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Help with D7000 video capture"

Lambertville, US

Im looking to purchase this camera after selling my D300 but my question is with video and focusing. Does it just focus one time or will it track an object? Basically if Im shooting video of a kid running around the bases in a baseball game will he be in focus part of the way and out the rest?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
myfotoguy Registered since 03rd Dec 2008Sun 27-Nov-11 07:34 PM
107 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Help with D7000 video capture"
In response to Reply # 0

Richfield, US

It has focus tracking. I have not used it much, but the manual does address setting it up to track an object. If you haven't yet, you can visit Nikon's site under support and search for the D7000 manual, download it, and browse through the video and focusing subjects.

Sorry, I wish I could provide more detail, but I have not used it a whole lot yet (just came from a D300 too).

-Tim

Visit my Zenfolio gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #13706 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.