Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #21756
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Copyright Marking" Previous topic | Next topic
Wj9dwest Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Jul 2012Wed 24-Oct-12 01:38 PM
29 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Copyright Marking"

Scappoose, US

Does the D7000 have a setting that allows me to add copyright info to a photo automatically? Thanks.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
four eighty sparky Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Apr 2011Wed 24-Oct-12 03:29 PM
1452 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Copyright Marking"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Yes. Page 243 of the manual.

My toys: A pair of gripped D600s, gripped D7100, Sigma 8mm circular fisheye, Sigma 15mm full-frame fisheye, Tokina 17/3.5 SL, 17-35 2.8D, 24-85 G, 24-120/4G, 28-200 D, 50/1.8D, 50/1.8G, 50/1.8E, 70-200 2.8 G VRII, 70-300G, 105/2.8D Micro, Tamron 150-600, 500 f/8 Reflex: Sigma 600mm, Celestron 2,000mm: PB-6 bellows, Nikon 1.4 and 1.7x TCs, auto macro tube set: SB600: Manfrotto 055XB/804RC2/390RC2 & 560B-1: Gossen Starlite: Easy-Up AP1500: 40' WonderPole

Visit my website.

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Wed 24-Oct-12 04:32 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Copyright Marking"
In response to Reply # 0

Chicago, US

Since the D7000 is a newer dSLR, there is an information setting to add your copyright to the metadata, file information, when the camera processes the image to a jpeg, nef, or other format. Prior to this the comments field was used to add copyright text. Note this will not put a watermark on the image nor in a print border.

Most post processing programs will allow the addition of copyright data in a number different possible fields. There is the Exif portion, the IPTC (International Press Communication Council), and Adobe's XMP (Extensible Metadata Platform). The IPTC and XMP are being standardized and provide a number of fields for usage rights, contact information, location, etc than just a basic copyright notice.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #21756 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.