Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #6270
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Wireless Shutter Release" Previous topic | Next topic
rtg Registered since 27th Dec 2010Sat 26-Feb-11 03:56 AM
75 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Wireless Shutter Release"

US

I just got one of these Asia made devices. It works on the D7000. Cost was $15.90 shipped. Takes about 4 weeks to get here. So if your in no rush here's a cheap assy for the D7000.

I am not affiliated with the supplier. This is just an FYI.

Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wireless-Remote-Shutter-f-Nikon-D90-D5000-MC-DC2-R6I-/320660596521?pt=Camera_Cables_Cords&hash=item4aa8dc6729

Rob

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

If you are into boating checkout: www.SilvertonForums.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
tom6666 Registered since 12th Feb 2011Sun 27-Feb-11 02:36 AM
11 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Wireless Shutter Release"
In response to Reply # 0

US

If all you want is a wireless shutter release for the D7000, why not just get the Nikon ML-L3? It's genuine, and only $16.50 at Amazon with free shipping. Or if you want a knockoff, you can get them for as little as $4 shipped on eBay.

rlecocq Registered since 14th Jan 2008Sun 27-Feb-11 03:00 AM
106 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Wireless Shutter Release"
In response to Reply # 1

Winnipeg, CA

I agree, I have a ml-l3 as well. Perhaps the op can tell us what the advantage would be....? Range?

rtg Registered since 27th Dec 2010Sun 27-Feb-11 03:43 AM
75 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Wireless Shutter Release"
In response to Reply # 2
Sun 27-Feb-11 03:45 AM by rtg

US

The ML-L3 is the IR shutter release. I have that as well. Paid $2.95 shipped and works great. You set the D7000 to IR mode and press the button while pointing at the front of the D7000.

The wireless unit I am talking about here is basically a wireless extension of the shutter release button on the D7000. Works in any mode. Press half way to focus. Full press perform the shutter release. Go in any direction up to 100m. Also the receiver has a short coiled cable and a release button on it as well with the same functions. This can be used as a wired shutter release. Basically this is the same is the Nikon MC-DC2 corded release but with an RF transmitter and receiver. It is a superior wireless function compared as to the ML-L3.

FWIW,

Rob

If you are into boating checkout: www.SilvertonForums.com

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Sun 27-Feb-11 03:45 AM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Wireless Shutter Release"
In response to Reply # 2
Sun 27-Feb-11 03:49 AM by gkaiseril

Chicago, US

IR has the following limitations:

The IR receiver on the camera shuts off after 15 minutes. The RF units use the hardwire shutter release and do not time out.

Range up to 30 feet RF up to 1,000 feet.

Subject to interference from bright light, RF does not depend upon light.

Requires line of site between sensor and transmitter and can not pass through solid objects, RF passes through walls.

IR can not be used with other photographers with the same release, RF units use coded IDs so multiple shooters can use than at one time.

This unit, like others, can also have a release on the receiver unit, so one also gets a wired release.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

captainkev Registered since 24th Jan 2011Sun 27-Feb-11 12:34 PM
78 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Wireless Shutter Release"
In response to Reply # 3

Washington Township, US

ML-L3 works pointed at front or back of D7000. 2 sensors

waxart Registered since 16th Jan 2008Tue 08-Mar-11 03:56 PM
67 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Wireless Shutter Release"
In response to Reply # 5

Vallejo, US

This sounds interesting. I'd like to be able to photograph garden birds while I am inside the house. Would it work through a glass window?

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Tue 08-Mar-11 04:10 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Wireless Shutter Release"
In response to Reply # 6

Chicago, US

Yes, most radio waves penetrate glass and other solid non-metallic material. You may lose some range.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #6270 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.