Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #353
View in threaded mode

Subject: "One more thing they fixed from the D90 design" Previous topic | Next topic
JPJ Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Aug 2009Tue 21-Sep-10 01:01 AM
1327 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"One more thing they fixed from the D90 design"

Toronto, CA

Just noticed that Nikon put an infrared sensor on the front AND back on the D7000 for wireless remote use.

It didn't happen often, but when you were directly behind the camera and the remote didn't fire the camera...it was super annoying.

Sometimes its the little things.

Jason

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
lovemy8514 Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Oct 2007Wed 22-Sep-10 03:47 AM
2412 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: One more thing they fixed from the D90 design"
In response to Reply # 0

Columbia, US

That is a great feature. I missed even having one when I went from the D70s to the D300.

J a m e s
My Gallery

Using his camera as a pen, it is the photographer's job to tell a story: Each page authored in frozen moments of time.

All of my work is dedicated to my father, Terry Lee Geib (1943-2009)

enesunkie Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd Apr 2008Wed 22-Sep-10 10:02 AM
34 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: One more thing they fixed from the D90 design"
In response to Reply # 0

Buffalo, US

I also noticed the oval by the multi-selector, but I haven’t read any chatter about it. I too thought this is huge, how could this not be mentioned anywhere and figured it might then be just cosmetic and covering a screw. Hopefully you’re right!

Kurt

JPJ Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Aug 2009Wed 22-Sep-10 12:26 PM
1327 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: One more thing they fixed from the D90 design"
In response to Reply # 2

Toronto, CA

Confirmed, it is an infrared receiver for the remote:

http://imaging.nikon.com/products/imaging/lineup/digitalcamera/slr/d7000/compatibility03.htm

The front one is #18 / The rear is #46 on the diagram.

Jason

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #353 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.