Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #22692
View in threaded mode

Subject: "D7000 compared to a D5100" Previous topic | Next topic
Nikon32250 Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Mar 2004Wed 19-Dec-12 02:15 AM
3532 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7000 compared to a D5100"

St. Augustine, US

I recently bought a refurb D5100 to use as a smaller travel camera compared to my D300 with grip. I was very happy with the D5100 except that I missed not having a top LCD display, and also not being able to auto-focus with my AF-D lenses.

Therefore I am thinking of selling the D5100 & D300 and replacing them with the D7000. Can someone let me know if the rear screen tilts the way the D5100 does? In looking at some pix of the camera it looks like it doesn't. I also want to be 100% sure that I can use all my AF lenses and not just the AF-S lenses.

I also very much like the fact that the D7000 has two SD slots much like my D3.

Any other thoughts or comments would be welcome.

Graham
From St. Augustine, FL. "I like photographers, you don't ask questions." Ronald Reagan to White House Press Photogs

<http://www.ancientcityphotography.com/>

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
paul_7e Silver Member Charter MemberWed 19-Dec-12 03:34 AM
301 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7000 compared to a D5100"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Graham,
The rear screen on the D7000 does not tilt, and you can use all your AF lenses, including your AF-D lenses.

Paul

jagabom Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Jun 2012Wed 19-Dec-12 06:17 AM
45 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7000 compared to a D5100"
In response to Reply # 1

CA

Ya, the non tilting screen was one thing I looked at when looking at the D7K. Would have been nice to have it. I did buy the D7K as I just liked it. Don't really miss what I never had.

Jim

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #22692 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.