Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #21954
View in threaded mode

Subject: "D7000 memory card door replacement" Previous topic | Next topic
timetravelerxiv Silver Member Nikonian since 18th May 2012Mon 05-Nov-12 03:56 AM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7000 memory card door replacement"

west chester, US

I am having to replace the memory card door, and am in need of directions.

rich

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
greenwing Gold Member Nikonian since 18th May 2006Mon 05-Nov-12 07:44 AM
1293 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7000 memory card door replacement"
In response to Reply # 0

Yorkshire, GB

Hello Richard & welcome to Nikonians.

Have you sourced a new door? It's easiest to replace the door assembly rather than just the flap. Two tiny screws hold it in place in the camera body. Remove these, take out the old door assembly and put the new one in place, secured with the screws. The flap is more complicated, and to my mind not worth the small saving in cost.

The most difficult bit is probably going to be laying hands on the new part, given Nikon USA's policy on selling spares.

Hope this helps
Chris

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #21954 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.