Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #13286
View in threaded mode

Subject: "New Firmware" Previous topic | Next topic
swaussie Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Oct 2007Thu 10-Nov-11 11:30 AM
17 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"New Firmware"
Thu 10-Nov-11 11:34 AM by swaussie

Unteraegeri, CH

Nikon have just released yet another firmware update for the D7000 - D7000 A to ver 1.02 and B firmware to ver.1.03

issues resolved:

- An error recognizing some memory cards has been addressed.

- The following issues occurred when the mode dial was rotated from U1 or U2 to another shooting mode or from another shooting mode to U1 or U2 when the power was off or when the exposure meters are off (Auto meter-off). These issues were resolved.
- A new folder is sometimes created despite the fact that the current folder does not yet contain 999 files and none of the files are numbered “9999”.
- The number of remaining exposures may not be displayed as specified in the settings.
- The setting for Role played by card in Slot 2 may change between Overflow, Backup, and RAW Slot 1- JPEG Slot 2.

- An issue where Battery info in the setup menu sometimes showed sufficient remaining charge even when the remaining charge for the AA batteries inserted in the MB-D11 battery pack was low has been resolved.

- An issue where a saved photo may not have been displayed properly when a movie was displayed in playback mode while saving the photo has been resolved.

- An issue where zoom in or zoom out may not have performed properly when the playback zoom in or playback zoom out button was pressed while in Live view has been resolved.

- The message displayed when the internal memory of the Wireless Transmitter WT-4 is formatted from the Format transmitter's memory under Device settings in Wireless transmitter of the camera’s setup menu was changed from Done to Built-in memory formatted.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
jmiguez Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Oct 2010Thu 10-Nov-11 11:37 AM
438 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: New Firmware"
In response to Reply # 0

Lafayette, US

Thank you for the heads up. Fortunately for me, I have never encountered any of the issues listed. However, others must have, if Nikon took the time to issue a fix.

John

My Pictures may be seen here: http://jmiguez.smugmug.com/

RockyIII Gold Member Nikonian since 27th May 2006Thu 10-Nov-11 11:58 AM
2967 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: New Firmware"
In response to Reply # 0

Raleigh, US

Do you have a link for the new D7000 firmware? On the Nikon USA website, the latest version I can find is still A:102, B:102.

Rocky

swaussie Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Oct 2007Thu 10-Nov-11 12:22 PM
17 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: New Firmware"
In response to Reply # 2

Unteraegeri, CH

this is a link to the European Nikon site which I used.

https://nikoneurope-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/50625

mitchDK7 Registered since 04th Oct 2011Thu 10-Nov-11 12:39 PM
19 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: New Firmware"
In response to Reply # 2

US

>Do you have a link for the new D7000 firmware? On the Nikon
>USA website, the latest version I can find is still A:102,
>B:102.
>
>Rocky
Not up on the USA web yet.

mitchDK7 Registered since 04th Oct 2011Thu 10-Nov-11 01:02 PM
19 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: New Firmware"
In response to Reply # 4

US

USA Version
http://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17542

jerry r Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Oct 2008Thu 10-Nov-11 04:22 PM
666 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: New Firmware"
In response to Reply # 2

Banning, US

Rocky it is now up on the USA site now.

Jerry

RockyIII Gold Member Nikonian since 27th May 2006Thu 10-Nov-11 07:20 PM
2967 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: New Firmware"
In response to Reply # 6

Raleigh, US

Thanks guys!

Rocky

jvette Gold Member Nikonian since 25th Oct 2009Thu 10-Nov-11 11:25 PM
21 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: New Firmware"
In response to Reply # 7

Louisville, US

Thanks, updated mine and everything went fine.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

plaiditude Registered since 09th Aug 2011Fri 11-Nov-11 03:47 AM
31 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: New Firmware"
In response to Reply # 8

Winnipeg, CA

I was having the problem with multiple directories getting created on my sd cards so I updated. So far the update seems to have gone well.

Visit my website.

amalalin Gold Member Nikonian since 12th Sep 2008Fri 11-Nov-11 12:01 PM
94 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: New Firmware"
In response to Reply # 9

providence, US

I upgraded last night as well. I was curious why I kept getting new directories!! Today I'll get out and test the new firmware.

Is there a way to see the iso sensitivity and toggle to see the number of pics taken? When I use auto iso I like to see the actual number the camera chooses before I shoot. Not sure where that info is pre shoot! I'm not used to giving up control of the iso although I use it and love it! Sometimes the old brain switches to the 60's when I got my first slr and spent every free moment in my make shift darkroom making magic!

Linda

enjoy the journey

KnightPhoto Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006Sun 13-Nov-11 02:21 AM
4090 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: New Firmware"
In response to Reply # 10

Alberta, CA

>Is there a way to see the iso sensitivity and toggle to see
>the number of pics taken? When I use auto iso I like to see
>the actual number the camera chooses before I shoot. Not sure
>where that info is pre shoot! I'm not used to giving up
>control of the iso although I use it and love it! ...
>
>Linda

When you let off the half-press on the shutter, in the lower right of the viewfinder where the information display shows "r07", instead it does show the ISO selected by auto-ISO.

A bit counterintuitive, but there you go

Best regards, SteveK

'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
My Nikonians gallery
My Nikonians Blog

MichaelDMiller Silver Member Nikonian since 14th Jul 2009Tue 15-Nov-11 10:10 AM
224 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: New Firmware"
In response to Reply # 5

West Hartford, US

Yes, I see it too.
http://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17542/kw/d7000%20firmware%20upgrade

BTW, I also saw a previous one. Can this one be installed if a previous one was not?

Thanks.

J_Harris Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Mar 2011Tue 15-Nov-11 12:38 PM
664 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: New Firmware"
In response to Reply # 12
Tue 15-Nov-11 12:43 PM by J_Harris

US

>BTW, I also saw a previous one. Can this one be installed if
>a previous one was not?
>
>Thanks.

Yes, the latest firmware update you linked to will update all previous versions to the most current.

From the download link:
• This will overwrite any previously installed firmware version.

I updated mine without any issues.

MichaelDMiller Silver Member Nikonian since 14th Jul 2009Tue 15-Nov-11 02:05 PM
224 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#14. "RE: New Firmware"
In response to Reply # 13

West Hartford, US

Thank you J.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #13286 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.