nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Plug-ins: Nik, Imagenomic & Others (Public) topic #964
View in threaded mode

Subject: "CNX2, NIK Color Efex 3 and Google NIK Complete Collecti..." Previous topic | Next topic
dralph Gold Member Nikonian since 16th Jul 2006Wed 27-Mar-13 01:47 AM
271 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"CNX2, NIK Color Efex 3 and Google NIK Complete Collection"

Elmira, US

I have NIK Coler Efex Pro 3 installed for use with Nikon Capture NX2, and the integration is great, especially when one needs to the use the masks and brushes and control points as implemented in CNX2.

However, various folks downloading the Google suite of all NIK filters indicate that Google uninstalls the existing NIK filters. Will opting for the Google package of NIK filters destroy my CNX2 Color Efex 3 installation??

TIA

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 05th May 2002Wed 27-Mar-13 02:52 AM
14899 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: CNX2, NIK Color Efex 3 and Google NIK Complete Collection"
In response to Reply # 0

Colorado Springs, US

No. It's completely unrelated.

Rick Walker

My photos:
GeoVista Photography

dralph Gold Member Nikonian since 16th Jul 2006Wed 27-Mar-13 12:20 PM
271 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: CNX2, NIK Color Efex 3 and Google NIK Complete Collection"
In response to Reply # 1

Elmira, US

Thanks, Rick. I have most other NIK filters which are used through Photoshop. But, Color Efex 3 within CNX2 is great to use there, rather than exporting a TIFF to CS5 just to use the other NIK filters there.

I suppose I'll download the Google pack just to stay current.

Dave Ralph

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Plug-ins: Nik, Imagenomic & Others (Public) topic #964 Previous topic | Next topic