nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Google pulls plug on desktop version of Snapseed

jdc3

Laurel, US
8 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jdc3 Silver Member Nikonian since 14th Sep 2007
Tue 19-Mar-13 05:43 PM

Little by little Google's support for Nik products dwindle. See article HERE

________

Joe

Visit My Personal Website.

mklass

Tacoma, US
6744 posts

#1. "RE: Google pulls plug on desktop version of Snapseed" | In response to Reply # 0

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006
Wed 20-Mar-13 04:04 AM

I wonder if the PS plug-ins will be next.

Mick
http://www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

walkerr

Colorado Springs, US
15601 posts

#2. "RE: Google pulls plug on desktop version of Snapseed" | In response to Reply # 1

walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Master Ribbon awarded as a member who has gone beyond technical knowledge to show mastery of the art and science of photography   Nikonian since 05th May 2002
Wed 20-Mar-13 11:16 AM

No - that's not happening.

Rick Walker

My photos:

GeoVista Photography

cchoc

Marietta, US
4786 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

#3. "RE: Google pulls plug on desktop version of Snapseed" | In response to Reply # 0

cchoc Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, most notably in Landscape Photography Charter Member
Thu 21-Mar-13 11:10 AM

I didn't even know there was a desktop version of Snapseed.

Charlie...
stalking light

Nikonians Team Member

walkerr

Colorado Springs, US
15601 posts

#4. "RE: Google pulls plug on desktop version of Snapseed" | In response to Reply # 3

walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Master Ribbon awarded as a member who has gone beyond technical knowledge to show mastery of the art and science of photography   Nikonian since 05th May 2002
Thu 21-Mar-13 11:23 AM

That was the problem.

Rick Walker

My photos:

GeoVista Photography

cchoc

Marietta, US
4786 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

#5. "RE: Google pulls plug on desktop version of Snapseed" | In response to Reply # 0

cchoc Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, most notably in Landscape Photography Charter Member
Mon 25-Mar-13 12:24 PM

>Little by little Google's support for Nik products dwindle.
>See article
>HERE
>

Maybe not:

http://www.niksoftware.com/nikcollection/usa/index.php?view=intro%2Fmain.shtml

Charlie...
stalking light

Nikonians Team Member

walkerr

Colorado Springs, US
15601 posts

#6. "RE: Google pulls plug on desktop version of Snapseed" | In response to Reply # 5

Mon 25-Mar-13 12:41 PM

You'd think I knew something. They've also gone to one automated installer for the whole set, so you don't need to install the products separately.

Rick Walker

My photos:

GeoVista Photography

cchoc

Marietta, US
4786 posts

#7. "RE: Google pulls plug on desktop version of Snapseed" | In response to Reply # 6

Mon 25-Mar-13 12:53 PM | edited Mon 25-Mar-13 12:53 PM by cchoc

I only wish I hadn't bought sharpener just last week.

Charlie...
stalking light

Nikonians Team Member

CBSS

San Pedro, US
66 posts

#8. "RE: Google pulls plug on desktop version of Snapseed" | In response to Reply # 7

CBSS Platinum Member Nikonian since 27th Sep 2004
Sat 13-Apr-13 01:21 PM

Well one good thing is that if you just bought sharpner last week, there is a free upgrade to the total package from Google. I have owned all NIK products for a long time. I just called them and they checked my reg's and sent me a e-mail with the download link for all software.

read this
http://www.tuaw.com/2013/03/25/nik-software-creates-bundle-of-mac-plugins-drops-price-70/

G