Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Plug-ins: Nik, Imagenomic & Others (Public) topic #1011
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Nik Collection License" Previous topic | Next topic
greynolds Gold Member Nikonian since 20th Jul 2008Fri 26-Apr-13 02:47 PM
95 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nik Collection License"

US

My dad originally purchased a few of the Nik plugins and then received the free upgrade to the entire suite after the Google acquisition. At the time, he was using Photoshop Elements 9 and apparently he neglected to save the email / download from Nik... He still has his original discs for the plugins he originally purchased.

He just upgraded to a D7100 and Photoshop Elements 11 (as he needed 11 to get the new RAW plugin). Is the only way to install the Nik suite to contact their support and get a new download or can he use my download (which I was clever enough to save )? As I recall, I didn't need to enter a license key when I installed, so I'm not sure if my license key is embedded in my download or how they handle that.

He sent Nik an email this morning and got an auto reply back that they're currently busy and it may take a few business days to respond, so he was hoping that someone here might have some tips so he can get going over the weekend. If not, he'll just have to be patient wait for them to respond.

Geoff

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
brada Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Jan 2008Sun 09-Jun-13 03:00 AM
369 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nik Collection License"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Same message from Nik/google recently but they ended up replying quite quick and sending a link to the software which worked great.

http://www.bradaphotography.com
my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Plug-ins: Nik, Imagenomic & Others (Public) topic #1011 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.