nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #8439
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Battery problem" Previous topic | Next topic
AartPapaya Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Oct 2011Tue 09-Jul-13 01:21 PM
2883 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Battery problem"

Hectorspruit, ZA

A friend of mine is in the Seychelles on vacation. His battery charger will not respond (light stays off). I suspect it is the charger. There is not a Nikon shop on the island. Can anybody offer help? I will not be surprised if this is a useless case.
I think he has a Nikon 5000

Aart

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine Charter MemberTue 09-Jul-13 03:11 PM
10884 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Battery problem"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue 09-Jul-13 03:12 PM by Covey22

US

It's possible that some shop on the main island could have a Nikon OEM charger or a generic charger for an EN-EL9 (which is what a Nikon D5000 DSLR uses for batteries). If you Google Search "Seychelles Electronics" there is a Yellowpages result with 15 shops mostly in the capital Victoria or on the main island Mahe. Pass those names and numbers on to him and let his fingers do the walking!

"Toodle-loo from Covey22!"

-Armando
Nikonians Team
Nikonians News - Fresh Everyday!

The Covey Blog!

My Plan:

Get out of the car.
Get closer to the subject.
Pick the right mid-tone this time.

See My Nikonians Gallery

AartPapaya Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Oct 2011Tue 09-Jul-13 03:50 PM
2883 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Battery problem"
In response to Reply # 1

Hectorspruit, ZA

Thanks,
I passed the information on.

Aart

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #8439 Previous topic | Next topic