nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
JimAlexander

US
2 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
JimAlexander Registered since 18th Jun 2013
Tue 18-Jun-13 01:20 AM

Hello all.

I just got the D5200, my first digital SLR, and I am falling in love with it! However...

It is getting late, and I have been scouring the manual and the internet to find out if the main screen on my camera can be set to stay on longer. It goes out while I am still making up my settings (I am still learning how to use it).

I appreciate all help, and apologize if I overlooked the answer already being provided somewhere.

Thanks,
Jim

JosephK

Seattle, WA, US
6203 posts

#1. "RE: Help with d5200 main screen " | In response to Reply # 0

JosephK Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Nikonian since 17th Apr 2006
Tue 18-Jun-13 01:42 AM

See the Custom Settings menu, setting C2.

If you have not done so already, download a copy of the D5200 manual from NikonUSA.com. It makes searching for things much easier.

---------+---------+---------+---------+---------+
Joseph K
Seattle, WA, USA

D700, D200, D70S, 24-70mm f/2.8, VR 70-200mm f/2.8 II,
50mm f/1.4 D, 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 VR, 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5 DX

JimAlexander

US
2 posts

#2. "RE: Help with d5200 main screen " | In response to Reply # 1

JimAlexander Registered since 18th Jun 2013
Tue 18-Jun-13 01:43 AM

Thanks. I was using the paper copy I got with the camera, but maybe it's a redax version. 'preciate the help.

Jim

G