Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #8264
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Shutter Count on d3200?" Previous topic | Next topic
buffumjr Registered since 05th Jun 2013Sun 09-Jun-13 08:19 PM
219 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Shutter Count on d3200?"

US

I went through the pdf file, using their search engine, and could not find shutter count. Everyone mentions it. How do I find it on a d3100 or a d3200?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009Sun 09-Jun-13 08:27 PM
3102 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Shutter Count on d3200?"
In response to Reply # 0

Hatboro, Pa, US

What computer operating system do you use and what is your photo edit software?

Len

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

buffumjr Registered since 05th Jun 2013Sun 09-Jun-13 08:31 PM
219 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Shutter Count on d3200?"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Considering Photoshop Elements, but currently have Photoshop 5.0. XP desktop computer. But, isn't the count on the camera?

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004Sun 09-Jun-13 08:37 PM
26720 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#3. "RE: Shutter Count on d3200?"
In response to Reply # 0

Richmond, US

The count is not accessible on the camera. It's placed in the EXIF data of every file produced by the camera, though: NEF, JPEG, etc.

So what you need to do is to find one of the more advanced EXIF readers. On Windows, the usual reference is called Opanda. Later versions of Photoshop display the data with File->File Info, but 5.0 is so old that I'm fairly sure that it doesn't. (Current CS6 is 13.0.5; I think 5.0 is from about 1999?) There are lots of ways to read this, though.

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009Sun 09-Jun-13 08:43 PM
3102 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Shutter Count on d3200?"
In response to Reply # 2

Hatboro, Pa, US

It's not on the camera. It's in the EXIF data but not every program will report the shutter counts. I use photoshop file info.

What you can do which is very easy is to upload a file here.

http://www.camerashuttercount.com/

There are other online sites you can use as well. I'm sure there will be other recommendations if you get more responses.

Len

buffumjr Registered since 05th Jun 2013Sun 09-Jun-13 08:56 PM
#5. "RE: Shutter Count on d3200?"
In response to Reply # 4

US

Wow. That's rather inconvenient if you are at a neutral place looking at a second hand camera ytoyu are interested in.

OK. Will use it if I buy used. Thanx. I guess vibes from the seller, and visual inspection of the camera will be best.

Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009Sun 09-Jun-13 09:01 PM
#6. "RE: Shutter Count on d3200?"
In response to Reply # 5

Hatboro, Pa, US

Have the seller tell you the shutter count. Tell him how to do it if he doesn't know.

Len

buffumjr Registered since 05th Jun 2013Sun 09-Jun-13 09:26 PM
#7. "RE: Shutter Count on d3200?"
In response to Reply # 6

US

Makes sense to me. OK. Will do.

Plan to buy camera either in private sale, or used from Clem's Classic Cameras in Daytona Beach.

Each little detail is important, so I can get the best deal.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #8264 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.