Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #6997
View in threaded mode

Subject: "D5200 has me doing the Snoopy Happy Dance" Previous topic | Next topic
Bluebird Annie Registered since 04th Aug 2012Wed 07-Nov-12 02:33 AM
18 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D5200 has me doing the Snoopy Happy Dance"

Chicago, US

I have been barely limping along with my circa last century CoolPix 775 just waiting for the D5200 an experienced camera shop salesman told me would be coming. Almost daily have I searched online with only vague rumors. But TODAY it has finally been unveiled! I can't wait! I can't wait! I can't wait to get my grown up camera! Puleez hurry, Santa!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
KnightPhoto Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006Wed 07-Nov-12 03:08 AM
4243 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D5200 has me doing the Snoopy Happy Dance"
In response to Reply # 0

Alberta, CA

Yes to everything you said (except January for USA?) - sorry, hopefully will be better news than this:

http://nikonrumors.com/2012/11/06/the-new-nikon-d5200-will-not-be-available-in-the-us-till-january-2013.aspx/

Best regards, SteveK

'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
My Nikonians gallery
My Nikonians Blog

jules Basic MemberWed 07-Nov-12 05:21 AM
967 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D5200 has me doing the Snoopy Happy Dance"
In response to Reply # 1

GB

Thats bad news for the US, They must have stocks of the old un they want to shift over Christmas? Otherwise I can't understand the delay in getting it out to one of their biggest markets.
Nikon marketing madness still rules...
Cheers jules...
tri-elmar-fudd
www.exaggeratedperspectives.co.uk

greenwing Gold Member Nikonian since 18th May 2006Wed 07-Nov-12 08:09 AM
1300 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D5200 has me doing the Snoopy Happy Dance"
In response to Reply # 2

Yorkshire, GB

>Thats bad news for the US, They must have stocks of the old
>un they want to shift over Christmas? Otherwise I can't
>understand the delay in getting it out to one of their biggest
>markets.

Looks like there are D5100 stocks to be moved over here, too. Wex has the D5200 for pre-order at just about 2.5x the price of the D5100 after cashback. And the D90 still soldiers on!

Chris

jules Basic MemberWed 07-Nov-12 11:55 AM
967 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D5200 has me doing the Snoopy Happy Dance"
In response to Reply # 3
Wed 07-Nov-12 11:55 AM by jules

GB

Theres always a reason for the cashback..

Cheers jules...
tri-elmar-fudd
www.exaggeratedperspectives.co.uk

Bluebird Annie Registered since 04th Aug 2012Thu 08-Nov-12 12:58 AM
18 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: D5200 has me doing the Snoopy Happy Dance"
In response to Reply # 1

Chicago, US

It's okay! My special Santa will be around after the New Year. It's not that long. I've waited for months - a while longer won't be too bad now that I KNOW for sure that my new D5200 does exist!

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #6997 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.