Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #656
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Missing scenes on D5000" Previous topic | Next topic
cjara Registered since 27th Sep 2009Sun 27-Sep-09 09:04 PM
9 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Missing scenes on D5000"

US

I'm sure I am doing something wrong and this is my first slr camera but I can't find some scenes that are in the manual.

My camera seems to be missing the following scenes
Portrait
child
sports
closeup
night portrait
landscape

Can someone point me to the location of these scenes?

THANKS

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Sun 27-Sep-09 09:40 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Missing scenes on D5000"
In response to Reply # 0

Chicago, US

Welcome to Nikonians,

The "Portrait", "Landscape", "Child", "Sports", "Closeup", and "Night portrait" are all on your camera's mode dial just before the "Scene" option. You use the "Mode" dial to select these options and the "Scene" mode to select the additional; options of "Night landscape", "Party/Indoor", "Beach/Snow", "Sunset", etc.See page 33 of your D7000 manual for more information. These scenes are the standard vari program modes on older Nikon dSLRs and the "Scene" option has new modes that are not available to the older dSLRs.

Nikon dSLRs are very sophisticated and acquainting yourself to the camera by reading the beginning parts of the user manual is important.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

cjara Registered since 27th Sep 2009Sun 27-Sep-09 10:02 PM
9 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Missing scenes on D5000"
In response to Reply # 1

US

THANKS! I was just playing around with those settings.

>Welcome to Nikonians,
>
>The "Portrait", "Landscape",
>"Child", "Sports", "Closeup",
>and "Night portrait" are all on your camera's mode
>dial just before the "Scene" option. You use the
>"Mode" dial to select these options and the
>"Scene" mode to select the additional; options of
>"Night landscape", "Party/Indoor",
>"Beach/Snow", "Sunset", etc.See page 33 of
>your D7000 manual for more information. These scenes are the
>standard vari program modes on older Nikon dSLRs and the
>"Scene" option has new modes that are not available
>to the older dSLRs.
>
>Nikon dSLRs are very sophisticated and acquainting yourself to
>the camera by reading the beginning parts of the user manual
>is important.
>

ionphoenix Registered since 10th Aug 2009Fri 02-Oct-09 01:27 AM
23 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Missing scenes on D5000"
In response to Reply # 0

US

http://www.nikondigitutor.com/index_eng.html

Buying a Nikon doesn't make you a photographer. It makes you a Nikon owner. ~Author Unknown

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #656 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.