Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #503
View in threaded mode

Subject: "D300 Tutorial" Previous topic | Next topic
c65er Registered since 28th Aug 2009Fri 28-Aug-09 07:27 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D300 Tutorial"

CA

I recently purchased a D300 and want to know if anyone can recomend a
good DVD or book tutorial? I got one one line but was a wast of time and money very basic stuff that was right out of the first few pages of the manual I,m looking for more advanced info. like setting up custon settings and what would be the best settings for different types of shots eg. portraits with deep saturation, best settings for different types of actoin shots, explaing how ISO affects picture results. Anyway if anyone can help me I would much appreciate i
Thanks

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
thosmm Registered since 12th May 2009Fri 28-Aug-09 08:30 PM
77 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D300 Tutorial"
In response to Reply # 0

Spring Hill, US

Hello David,

You would probably get a better response if you were to post this in the New to Photography section instead of the D5000 and D3000 section, but I'll give your question a go.

Most of the information you're looking for is available in the D300 section here, but you have to be a paying member to have access to that section.

For more advanced information, you would probably have good luck with Darrell Young's book Mastering the Nikon D300. It's published by Nikonians Press which is a Rocky Nook imprint.

I like David Busch's D5000 book as it includes a lot of what you're looking for, but it does include the basics. He has a D300 book as well and if you can overlook the 2/3 of the book that's not the advanced parts, it would be worthwhile.

Good luck!

-TM-

Visit My webpage and gallery..

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Fri 28-Aug-09 08:41 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D300 Tutorial"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri 28-Aug-09 08:57 PM by gkaiseril

Chicago, US

Are asking about a book for the D300, three Hundred, or the D3000, three Thoushand?

Mastering the Nikon D300 by Darrel Young
Nikon D300 Digital Field Guide by J. Dennis Thomas

Nikon D3000 Digital Field Guide by J. Dennis Thomas

George
My Nikonian Galleries

c65er Registered since 28th Aug 2009Sat 29-Aug-09 03:04 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D300 Tutorial"
In response to Reply # 1
Sat 29-Aug-09 03:10 PM by c65er

CA

Thank you both Thomas and George for taking the time to repspond to my inquiry.
Your suggestions are very helpful.
Regards,
D.C.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #503 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.