Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #2535
View in threaded mode

Subject: "My D5000 does not click when I press the shutter" Previous topic | Next topic
madhurimasil Registered since 23rd Sep 2010Thu 23-Sep-10 05:57 AM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"My D5000 does not click when I press the shutter"

IN

Hi,

I have been facing a problem while taking pictures. The camera at times does not click when i press the shutter. I am not able to locate the reason for this. I tried various modes Auto/Manual/Program with AF and MF both, but it does not click.
It shows me an alert to use flash... but why should i get this alert if i am on manual mode and that too in day light.

Please help.

Thanks,
Madhurima

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
jpFoto Registered since 25th Jun 2010Thu 23-Sep-10 10:29 PM
1114 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: My D5000 does not click when I press the shutter"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi - I'm not that familiar with the D5000, but look at page 55 of your owner's manual.

On my camera, I have a menu choice regarding focus and release. I can program it to release anytime, even if the subject is not in focus, or I can program it to release only when the subject is in focus. It would appear that your camera is programmed to release only when the subject is in focus. I don't know if you can change that setting or not. Also, on page 55, Nikon suggests that in low light situations, autofocus may have trouble focusing on the subject.

Either way, I don't think that there is anything wrong with your camera. I'm sure that another Nikonian will probably follow up with some more accurate information, so check back again.

madhurimasil Registered since 23rd Sep 2010Fri 24-Sep-10 05:55 AM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: My D5000 does not click when I press the shutter"
In response to Reply # 1

IN

Thanks so much.. will check it out!

Tippi Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Jan 2003Mon 18-Oct-10 12:10 AM
171 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: My D5000 does not click when I press the shutter"
In response to Reply # 2

US

Did you ever figure this out?

I bought the d5000 recently. While my other cameras can be programmed to shoot even when out of focus, I have not found a way to program the d5000 to do this.

I prefer it to shoot and let me make the decisions- I primarily shoot in manual but like to use AF when I need it.

ts

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

JosephK Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Nikonian since 17th Apr 2006Mon 18-Oct-10 05:29 AM
4659 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: My D5000 does not click when I press the shutter"
In response to Reply # 3

Seattle, WA, US

If you put the auto-focus mode into "continuous", the camera will fire with or without focus being achieved.

---------+---------+---------+---------+
Joseph K
Seattle, WA, USA

D200, 17-55mm f/2.8 DX, 70-200mm f/2.8 VR, 50mm f/1.4 D
18-70mm f/3.5-4.5 DX, 70-300mm f/4-5.6 ED, D70S

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Mon 18-Oct-10 08:48 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: My D5000 does not click when I press the shutter"
In response to Reply # 3

Chicago, US

See pages 54 & 55 of your user manual for a discussion of the various focus modes.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #2535 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.