Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #1229
View in threaded mode

Subject: "HDMI cables" Previous topic | Next topic
phantomsailor Registered since 03rd Oct 2009Thu 21-Jan-10 05:39 PM
37 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"HDMI cables"

Norwich, US

Several E-Bay sites are selling HDMI cables for $7.99 + 4.99 shipping. Bought one (beats the $40-65 inn Camera and electronics stores) they work fantastic! Nothing like seeing your photos on a 52 inch HD screen

No matter how slow the film, Spirit always stands still long enough for the photographer It has chosen.
Minor White
Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
gpoole Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Nikonian since 14th Feb 2004Thu 21-Jan-10 06:02 PM
3630 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: HDMI cables"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu 21-Jan-10 08:19 PM by gpoole

Farmington Hills, US

CNET.com says this about inexpensive HDMI cables in their series about HDTV.

"Expensive cables aren't worth it

"If you walk into your typical electronics store to buy an HDMI cable, you're likely to see prices upward of $50 with promises of better performance and faster speeds. Do you really need to spend that much money on a single HDMI cable?

"Absolutely not--those cables are a rip-off. You should never pay more than $10 for a standard six-foot HDMI cable."

For the complete article go here

Edited to correct the link

Gary in SE Michigan, USA. Co-organizer of the Southern Michigan Chapter
Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the camera.
D4, D810, D300, D90, F6, FM3a (black), FM2n (chrome)
YashicaMat 124, Graflex Speed Graphic 4x5
My Nikonians Gallery & Our Chapter Gallery

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Thu 21-Jan-10 07:14 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: HDMI cables"
In response to Reply # 1
Thu 21-Jan-10 07:15 PM by gkaiseril

Chicago, US

Thanks.

They are just wires.

Your link has some extra characters in it. It happens to me some times too.

Here is the working link, Quick Guide: HDMI and HDMI cables

George
My Nikonian Galleries

gpoole Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Nikonian since 14th Feb 2004Thu 21-Jan-10 08:20 PM
3630 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: HDMI cables"
In response to Reply # 2

Farmington Hills, US

I corrected the link in my original too. I thought I tested it using preview but I guess I didn't Thanks.

Gary in SE Michigan, USA. Co-organizer of the Southern Michigan Chapter
Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the camera.
D4, D810, D300, D90, F6, FM3a (black), FM2n (chrome)
YashicaMat 124, Graflex Speed Graphic 4x5
My Nikonians Gallery & Our Chapter Gallery

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #1229 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.