Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #6387
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Old UK cars taken with D3200" Previous topic | Next topic
Locton Registered since 14th Jun 2012Sun 22-Jul-12 03:24 PM
47 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Old UK cars taken with D3200"

Farnham, GB

Hi we went to a local country show yesterday in Farnham, Surrey, UK.

i took some shots with my D3200 of some of the cars on show, all are pre 1945 + one Cadillac Deville standing all by itself.

i don't know anything about the Deville, but i presume it is a 50's car? someone will put me right.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)
Attachment #4, (jpg file)
Attachment #5, (jpg file)
Attachment #6, (jpg file)
Attachment #7, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
jpFoto Registered since 25th Jun 2010Sun 22-Jul-12 04:10 PM
1114 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Old UK cars taken with D3200"
In response to Reply # 0

US

NIce photos!

The Caddy is mid 1970s. My guess is 1976.

Locton Registered since 14th Jun 2012Sun 22-Jul-12 04:28 PM
47 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Old UK cars taken with D3200"
In response to Reply # 1

Farnham, GB

See what do i know, i did not realise that such large cars were still being made in the 70's?

i suppose because we never really had any to begin with, which is not surprising seeing what we have to pay for fuel, but that's another subject & i wont go there.

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Sun 22-Jul-12 07:00 PM
25573 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Old UK cars taken with D3200"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Hi Jeremy,

Nice series,
Thanks for sharing.
Most American Cars did not start downsizing until about 1978 or 1979.
Even then the DeVilles continued to be large cars.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

jpFoto Registered since 25th Jun 2010Mon 23-Jul-12 12:23 AM
1114 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Old UK cars taken with D3200"
In response to Reply # 2
Mon 23-Jul-12 12:28 AM by jpFoto

US

The price of gas got out of hand, so by 1976 it was a whopping 61 cents per gallon.

Here is a picture of the new, downsized 2011 Deville, and as Marty said, it is a lot smaller and more economical

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

LightMeter Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Oct 2011Mon 23-Jul-12 12:33 AM
744 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Old UK cars taken with D3200"
In response to Reply # 3

Houston, Texas, US

Very nice-I like them all, especially the 1970s Caddy!

Bill

**D7100** D300, N6006, N2000, N6000, N5005, black F2 Photomic, chrome F2AS, black Nikomat FTN, and a few non Nikons

So many cameras, so little time....

pjonesCET Gold Member Nikonian since 11th Jul 2011Mon 23-Jul-12 03:25 AM
543 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#6. "RE: Old UK cars taken with D3200"
In response to Reply # 3
Mon 23-Jul-12 03:27 AM by pjonesCET

Martinsville, US

Back then Cadillacs, Lincoln Mark Series and Town cars. Were only in Price range of people that had deep enough it didn't make any difference what gas cost. And even today to buy a Lincoln Towne Car, the price is only in the range of people that gas prices don't matter. Some Cadillacs are getting closer the price for people that can't afford the gas to put in them.

BTW great pictures Make me wish I had a way to swap my D3000 body for a D3200 Body. don't need the lens.

Phillip M Jones, CET
pjonescet@comcast.net
http://www.phillipmjones.net/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pjonescet/

Locton Registered since 14th Jun 2012Mon 23-Jul-12 11:31 AM
#7. "RE: Old UK cars taken with D3200"
In response to Reply # 6

Farnham, GB

you should live in the UK, then you would really complain about fuel prices, current price is $2.05 & it has just dropped from $2.36

some parts of the country are even higher especially central london.

Locton Registered since 14th Jun 2012Mon 23-Jul-12 11:43 AM
#8. "RE: Old UK cars taken with D3200"
In response to Reply # 7

Farnham, GB

Sorry when i gave the UK fuel prices i forgot that you price by the gallon & we price by the litre, so if you convert the prices i gave it works out to: $9.32 a gallon at todays prices

NTexNikonian Registered since 26th Jul 2012Thu 09-Aug-12 01:55 AM
5 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Old UK cars taken with D3200"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Looks like it was fun! Nice pictures. I was more impressed with the other cars since I see Caddies all the time.

mfaccone Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Apr 2008Thu 09-Aug-12 04:43 PM
429 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: Old UK cars taken with D3200"
In response to Reply # 8

Bend, US

from what I understand, if you take the tax away from the fuel price, UK prices are actually cheaper. Supposedly UK gets more services out of the tax paid. My understanding anyway... could be wrong.
Currently USA pays about 18 cents per gallon in taxes, UK has a duty rate plus 20% value added tax.

Mark

greenwing Gold Member Nikonian since 18th May 2006Thu 09-Aug-12 08:12 PM
1299 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: Old UK cars taken with D3200"
In response to Reply # 10

Yorkshire, GB

>from what I understand, if you take the tax away from the
>fuel price, UK prices are actually cheaper.

Ah.. the grass is always greener

If you take all the taxes off our fuel prices, we'd probably be paid to drive.

greenwing Gold Member Nikonian since 18th May 2006Thu 09-Aug-12 08:24 PM
1299 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: Old UK cars taken with D3200"
In response to Reply # 10
Thu 09-Aug-12 08:45 PM by greenwing

Yorkshire, GB

>from what I understand, if you take the tax away from the
>fuel price, UK prices are actually cheaper. Supposedly UK
>gets more services out of the tax paid. My understanding
>anyway... could be wrong.
>Currently USA pays about 18 cents per gallon in taxes, UK has
>a duty rate plus 20% value added tax

We pay about £1.25 per litre at the pump for unleaded petrol. About 2/3 of that is tax and duty, paid straight to the government. Not a lot of that goes to maintain our road system. Taking the tax away is not a choice; we pay tax at the pump or we walk.

A litre is a little more than 1/4 of a US Gallon, by the way. So it looks like we pay duty and tax of about $4(US) per US gallon.

Chris

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #6387 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.