Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #6032
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Speedlight stopped working" Previous topic | Next topic
Droot Registered since 25th Apr 2012Mon 28-May-12 03:03 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Speedlight stopped working"

Scottville, US

Hello all,
After an unfortunate drop from about 2 feet onto concrete, landing lens first, my d5100 built in speedlight has stopped working. The unit pops up when it should but does not fire, everything else appears ok. My question is, "is it possible to replace the strobe bulb and is it likely to be the culprit?" I would rather not send my camera off for a $200 repair if I could do it myself with a little work.
Thanks,
DRoot

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Mon 28-May-12 03:21 PM
25591 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Speedlight stopped working"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi David,

Sorry to hear of your accident.
I could be something as simple as a broken wire or as complex as a broken flash control board.
The fall could have bent or damaged the lens, lens mount or other internal components as well. It may be a good idea to have it checked by a Nikon Authorized Repair Station or Nikon Service.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #6032 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.