Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #5862
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Super Moon + one" Previous topic | Next topic
Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009Mon 07-May-12 08:57 AM
2710 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Super Moon + one"

US

I wanted to take a photo of the Super Moon last night but it was over cast all night here in Pennsylvania. I woke up early this morning to find the bedroom was quite bright with light streaming in the window. I came downstairs and went outside and saw that while the sky was filled with clouds the moon was in a clear spot. Because it was one day after the full moon craters are now being side lit on the right side.

Within two minutes of taking this photo the moon was covered by clouds.

D5100, AFS VR 300mm f2.8 + TC-20E III, ISO 200, spot metering, 1/200 sec f5.6 (wide open).

Len

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Mon 07-May-12 02:17 PM
25017 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Super Moon + one"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Len,

Very nice capture.
Thanks for sharing.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009Mon 07-May-12 05:07 PM
2710 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Super Moon + one"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Thanks Marty,

Here's the same photo a little larger but still not at 100%. At this size the noise is apparent even at ISO 200. But it does show the craters better. Oh I forgot to mention. This shot was handheld. I didn't have time to set up the tripod as I saw the clouds rolling in close.

Len

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Peterdan Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Jan 2012Tue 08-May-12 04:32 PM
127 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Super Moon + one"
In response to Reply # 2

Lebanon, US

Great Shot and luck too.
Thanks for sharing.

I am not a number. I am a free man!

keilatan Registered since 10th May 2012Thu 10-May-12 07:53 AM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Super Moon + one"
In response to Reply # 3

Omaha, US

Gorgeous shot!

drmanubmengi Registered since 14th May 2012Thu 07-Jun-12 09:57 AM
132 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Super Moon + one"
In response to Reply # 2

IN

Hi Len,

Only One word.....Superb.

Dr. Manu Mengi
Loves Photography & Nikon

Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009Thu 07-Jun-12 01:01 PM
#6. "RE: Super Moon + one"
In response to Reply # 5

US

>Hi Len,
>
>Only One word.....Superb.
>
>Dr. Manu Mengi
>Loves Photography & Nikon

Hi Doc. Thanks.

Len

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #5862 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.