Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #2746
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Investments For Nikon D5000" Previous topic | Next topic
stylesd Registered since 07th Oct 2010Sun 31-Oct-10 09:38 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Investments For Nikon D5000"

US

i just bought it not too long ago and i enjoy it alot! i bought a tripod but i plan to buy a really tall one soon

my question is about the light i want to shoot videos at night but i cant find a good light kit or a light that will mount to the tripod and camera

can anyone suggest me any websites where i can get a good LED light that will connect to the tripod and camera

or is it better to use the portable umbrella?

and also i was lookin at the
Nikon 55mm - 200mm f/4-5.6G
Nikon Dx 55-200mm lens

i just want to know which one would be a better buy. i enjoy the stock lens (18-55) but need something better

thank you for the help!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
DigMe Registered since 25th Oct 2010Mon 01-Nov-10 12:10 PM
23 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Investments For Nikon D5000"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon 01-Nov-10 12:19 PM by DigMe

US

>
>and also i was lookin at the
>Nikon 55mm - 200mm f/4-5.6G
>Nikon Dx 55-200mm lens
>
>i just want to know which one would be a better buy. i enjoy
>the stock lens (18-55) but need something better
>

What do you want to be "better" about your lens? The 18-55mm is a great lens IMO. What do you want to do with it that you can't do with the 18-55? I have the 55-200mm 4-5.6mm. It has been a great lens for me. If all you need is more zoom than your stock lens gives you then it's a great lens. It's not amazing in low light but I have used mine to good effect at concerts and a baby dedication in a dark church. The backgrounds in the church and some of the concert pics required noise reduction in post processing.

brad

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #2746 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.