Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #6841
View in threaded mode

Subject: "L Bracket for 3100?" Previous topic | Next topic
KFisher_02 Registered since 31st May 2012Thu 04-Oct-12 03:14 AM
9 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"L Bracket for 3100?"

US

Is there such a thing? I scored an amazing deal on an Vanguard tripod. Is my best bet trying to find a l bracket for it?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Thu 04-Oct-12 03:53 AM
25048 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: L Bracket for 3100?"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu 04-Oct-12 03:54 AM by MEMcD

US

Hi Kacey,

Neither RRS 1(888)777-5557 www.reallyrightstuff.com or Kirk 1(800)626-5704 www.kirkphoto.com list an L-Bracket for the D3100 though they are available for the D3200 and D5100.
I would recommend giving them a call.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009Sun 14-Oct-12 12:50 AM
2724 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: L Bracket for 3100?"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun 14-Oct-12 01:05 AM by Leonard62

US

If you can't find a custom plate for your D3100 you can always get a generic plate, like the Wimberly P-5. http://www.tripodhead.com/products/camera-body-main.cfm

I have two of these plates I use on different bodies. There is one thing about the P-5 that I don't like. It's the gripping surface which digs into the camera rubber base plate. While it certainly prevents any movement between the plate and the camera base it leaves a lasting impression on the camera base. So what i do when I use the plate is cut out a thin cardboard spacer which protects the camera. I use a cardboard thickness like what you would see from a cereal box.

edit: I just checked the features of some of the Vanguard tripods. Does yours accept Arca Swiss plates? The plates we mention are for Arca Swiss quick release heads. If not you can also buy the little adapters which accept Arca plates.

Len

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #6841 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.