nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
conlo

US
4 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
conlo Registered since 24th Feb 2010
Thu 25-Feb-10 05:39 PM

I am trying to setup the camera so that when I take a picture, the image will be displayed on the LCD along with the black and white histogram (not RGB). Then on the same screen be able to adjust the shutter speed and the f stop and see the histogram results, so that I can remove the BLINKIES. I know I can use the overview, and that will display the histogram, but then I have to toggle back and forth to see the histogram results. I have to take another picture in order to see the results. I may be wrong, but I thought I had it set one time to do that , but lost the mothod of doing it.

MEMcD

US
28082 posts

#1. "RE: NIKON d5000 CAMERA i" | In response to Reply # 0

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007
Thu 25-Feb-10 06:56 PM

Hi Conrad,

I don't think what you discribe is possible.
If it is it would be in the Retouch menu (pages 174-189 in the D5000 Users Manual).
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

Waddles

Launceston, AU
1 posts

#2. "RE: NIKON d5000 CAMERA i" | In response to Reply # 1

Waddles Registered since 09th Sep 2009
Sat 27-Feb-10 05:28 AM

Hi Conrad

I too have the D5000,
To use the feature i think you are talking about,
Press the play button to display the picture then press the up arrow this then displays a small picture with histogram and shooting information underneath, pushing up again displays a small picture with the RGB histogram and limited shooting information.
This setting then becomes the default until you arrow up or down.

Hope this helps
Regards Waddles

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G