Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #6930
View in threaded mode

Subject: "don't stand under ski lifts.. " Previous topic | Next topic
TashSt Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for her great compositional insight and talent, as she is always willing to experiment with new perspectives. This is particularly evident in the exceptional, captivating images she posts in the Nude Forum where she always shares in the Nikonians spirit.
Nikonian since 23rd Jul 2011Thu 25-Oct-12 11:26 PM
543 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"don't stand under ski lifts.. "

AU

as I was an allow some snow to drop on your camera.

So now the metal ring that holds the lens is a little 'rusty'

I can still put lens' on and off but there's a definite friction, that wasn't there before.

Is there any way I can fix this?

www.impressstphotography.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Lolrogge Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Apr 2012Fri 26-Oct-12 01:23 AM
286 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: don't stand under ski lifts.. "
In response to Reply # 0

Ayden, US

I can remove light rust from metal, but would not try it with my 5100. You may get rust or metal particles in the camera body. I would take it to my local photo shop and have it sent out for repair.

Laverne

Daveecopping Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Jan 2011Fri 26-Oct-12 07:08 AM
172 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: don't stand under ski lifts.. "
In response to Reply # 0

Polegate, GB

What the.......?

avigar Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Nov 2006Fri 26-Oct-12 11:19 PM
486 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: don't stand under ski lifts.. "
In response to Reply # 2

Northern IL, US

Try contacting a Nikon authorized repair center in your area for a quote. It may be cheaper than sending it to Nikon directly for a non-warranty repair. Good luck.

--Ben

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #6930 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.