Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #6945
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Question about NX2 programme" Previous topic | Next topic
Grub Registered since 12th Oct 2012Wed 31-Oct-12 07:53 AM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Question about NX2 programme"

AU

Hi folks,
A short question from a total beginner.... I've just attempted to transfer the most recent efforts from my 5100 and it appears as though the programme wants to download all files on the card instead of just those that were taken today: this even though the previous 600 photos are already displayed as thumbnails!

I'm probably missing something basic but the "Help" file didn't tell me much. Not a major issue but it will slow me down eventually if I can't resolve it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004Wed 31-Oct-12 08:39 AM
26741 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#1. "RE: Question about NX2 programme"
In response to Reply # 0

Richmond, US

Correct, it does transfer everything on the card. The expectation is that after you transfer and verify, you should reformat the card (in the camera) thus deleting previous files.

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

Grub Registered since 12th Oct 2012Wed 31-Oct-12 12:57 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Question about NX2 programme"
In response to Reply # 1

AU

Thanks Brian,

Thought I'd overlooked something.....i'll clear that card then. Thanks for a quick reply!

Steve

jpFoto Registered since 25th Jun 2010Wed 31-Oct-12 12:59 PM
1114 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Question about NX2 programme"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I assume that you are referring to ViewNX2 and also assuming that you are downloading the current images to the same directory as the ones that you have previously downloaded, I think that the program will only transfer the new ones. Even if the program wants to download all of the images, I think that your computer will probably give you the choice of replacing or skipping the ones that had been downloaded earlier. You should try answering affirmatively one time just to see what happens.

jP

pjonesCET Gold Member Nikonian since 11th Jul 2011Thu 01-Nov-12 02:44 PM
574 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#4. "RE: Question about NX2 programme"
In response to Reply # 3

Martinsville, US

I haven't had to download everything (except when a new card was put in.
You have the ability to choose the desired photos to transfer.

see this:https://www.evernote.com/shard/s134/sh/22dbb148-3d18-405f-abd6-3f50e83ee7ef/10e82456502c58a04811bce05ed3d4b0

Phillip M Jones, CET
pjonescet@comcast.net
http://www.phillipmjones.net/

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pjonescet/
http://www.phillipjones-cet.net

Grub Registered since 12th Oct 2012Fri 02-Nov-12 09:48 AM
#5. "RE: Question about NX2 programme"
In response to Reply # 3

AU

Thanks JP. Haven't seen an option to choose or select the files to transfer, even though i was expecting the same. Away from my computer for a few days but will play around with it when i get back.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #6945 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.