Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #4358
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Zeikos Lens Filters for D5000" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
This message is locked.
becomemylife Registered since 16th Sep 2011Fri 16-Sep-11 09:40 PM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Zeikos Lens Filters for D5000"

US

I just ordered a lens filter kit for my D5000. It includes +1, +2, +4 and +10 close up filters. I can't seem to focus on anything (near or far, zoomed in or zoomed out) with the +10 filter on. I was using my 55mm-200mm lens. Is there some sort of trick to the filter that I need to know?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic
mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Fri 16-Sep-11 10:33 PM
6057 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Zeikos Lens Filters for D5000"
In response to Reply # 0

Tacoma, US

Those types of filters really minimize the depth of field and shorten focusing distance to the extreme. You may have a very hard time using the 10X handheld. (Image quality with this magnification is another issue)

I suggest you experiment with the lower powered filters and also try stacking one or two of those until you begin to get a feel for it. You may find that the stable platform of a tripod helps whle you manually focus. If you are trying to auto-focus you will get pretty frustrated. At extreme magnifications, a focusing rail can almost become a requirement.

Mick
www.mickklassphoto.com

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Sat 17-Sep-11 12:57 AM
26416 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Zeikos Lens Filters for D5000"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Please make any responses to this question in This Duplicate Thread in the New to Photography forum.
Thank you.

Best Regards,
Marty

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #4358 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.