Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #4093
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Brand new D3000, and battery wont charge" Previous topic | Next topic
wfg97079 Registered since 27th Jul 2011Wed 27-Jul-11 11:10 AM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Brand new D3000, and battery wont charge"

US

Just bought a brand new D3000 yesterday and when I plugged the battery in to charge, it still showed blinking about 5 hours later. So I tried it over night, still blinking and camera will not turn on with this battery. I have seen that others have had this issue, is it generally a bad battery or bad charger? I will be reaching out to Nikon to see how it should be handled

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Len Shepherd Gold Member Nikonian since 09th Mar 2003Wed 27-Jul-11 09:42 PM
12722 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Brand new D3000, and battery wont charge"
In response to Reply # 0

Yorkshire, GB

I do not know where you bought the camera - but you paid good money for it - and it is not a good camera.
The normal and quickest remedy is to get an exchange or your money back from the retailer.
Nikon may take 2-3 weeks - if it happened to me I would want a working camera now, not perhaps mid August.

Photography is a bit like archery. A technically better camera, lens or arrow may not hit the target as often as it could if the photographer or archer does not practice enough.

Len Shepherd

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Thu 28-Jul-11 02:39 PM
26536 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Brand new D3000, and battery wont charge"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Bill,

Welcome to Nikonians!
Sorry to hear of your problem.
While rare, like any other electronic devise, a componeent can fail.
Any Nikon Authorized Dealer should have no problem exchanging the Camera, to get you up and running immediately.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

wfg97079 Registered since 27th Jul 2011Fri 29-Jul-11 09:12 PM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Brand new D3000, and battery wont charge"
In response to Reply # 2

US

Well, I would just exchange it but I got the last one in the store and no one else has them around. I got a discount as it was on clearance as well. So I contacted Nikon and they had me send the charger and battery to them and we shall see what comes of it.

pjonesCET Gold Member Nikonian since 11th Jul 2011Sat 30-Jul-11 03:55 PM
587 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#4. "RE: Brand new D3000, and battery wont charge"
In response to Reply # 3

Martinsville, US

Odds are you were caught buying the last 3000 available in store before, the switch over th 3100.

Although, in my situation, My camera, battery , and Charger works just fine; two days after buying it, it disappeared from Sears Website, the next day the 3100 appeared. Although, I would have loved to had the 3100 because its capable of shooting real movies. I'm happy with what I have.

I'm sure Nikon will fix your problem

Phillip M Jones, CET
pjonescet@comcast.net
http://www.phillipmjones.net/

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pjonescet/
http://www.phillipjones-cet.net

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Sat 30-Jul-11 07:04 PM
26536 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Brand new D3000, and battery wont charge"
In response to Reply # 3

US

Hi Bill,

I am sure Nikon Service will get your D3000 up and running.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

wfg97079 Registered since 27th Jul 2011Thu 04-Aug-11 11:57 PM
#6. "RE: Brand new D3000, and battery wont charge"
In response to Reply # 5

US

Very unhappy with Nikon. After I told them the story they had mer ship them the battery and charger (at my cost) only to be told that the battery is bad and that they do not offer any kind of warranty for the battery. I was told "as soon as you leave the store the battery is no longer warrantied by us" I was absolutely shocked. the offered to replace it for $70.50
This is for a brand new, never been used, camera. I was irate. If this was their policy, why did they even have me send it in?
This is my first interaction with Nikon support and I am not impressed. Has anyone else faced similar issues?

pjonesCET Gold Member Nikonian since 11th Jul 2011Fri 05-Aug-11 03:27 AM
587 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#7. "RE: Brand new D3000, and battery wont charge"
In response to Reply # 6

Martinsville, US

Where did you buy the camera?
Take it back and see if they can make it good.

Phillip M Jones, CET
pjonescet@comcast.net
http://www.phillipmjones.net/

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pjonescet/
http://www.phillipjones-cet.net

wfg97079 Registered since 27th Jul 2011Mon 08-Aug-11 08:00 PM
#8. "RE: Brand new D3000, and battery wont charge"
In response to Reply # 7

US

>Where did you buy the camera?
>Take it back and see if they can make it good.
Bought it from Staples, they offered to let me return it. I asked about just getting a battery and they ordered one for me. Shocked at the excellent service I got from staples and the terrible and rude service I got from Nikon

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #4093 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.