nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Michael Green

Stamford, CT, US
287 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Cookies35

NL
1971 posts

#1. "RE: This is informative" | In response to Reply # 0

Cookies35 Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Apr 2007
Fri 17-Apr-09 03:37 PM

Fantastic!!!

… "a feature list in search of a camera" … from what I've heard and read, that describes quite a few C***n's, not just the SX1.

Thanks for posting that link!

— LaDonna

sylvesterii

St. Paul, US
338 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

#2. "RE: This is informative" | In response to Reply # 0

sylvesterii Registered since 02nd Sep 2008
Fri 17-Apr-09 07:48 PM

Interesting article, albeit pretty unfair to Canon. The author really can't compare the D5K to canon's super zoom point and shoot. that would be like comparing the new 500D (Rebel T-something or other) to Nikons (i think) P90.

I guess the new Canon is still larger than the D40 or D5K, but the article makes it sound like Canon doesn't have a sensor that could even come close to competing with the D5K. If I was in charge of Canon's marketing and PR people, there would be some things being thrown around our office right now!

----
jan.
paigejulia.blogspot.com

My Nikonians Gallery

Noel Holland

TH
2175 posts

#3. "RE: This is informative" | In response to Reply # 2

Noel Holland Platinum Member Winner in the Nikonians 10th Anniversary Photo Contest Charter Member
Sat 18-Apr-09 10:01 AM

>albeit pretty unfair to Canon

Yes, I'd agree with that. I suppose the original concept for the article was to show the merging margins between the smaller DSLR and the larger P&S. From that respect the P&S would always be expected to win on features and die on image quality, which is pretty much what the reviewer said - you can't change the laws of physics. I might have been fairer though if they had reviewed offerings from the same manufacturer. We'd be spitting nails right now if they reversed the comparison and tried to compare a Coolpix to a Digital Rebel.

G