Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) HDR software & hardware (Public) topic #7361
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Trying HDR" Previous topic | Next topic
greyface Gold Member Nikonian since 30th Jul 2008Wed 19-Sep-12 12:50 AM
1584 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Trying HDR"

New Bedford, US

5 image HDR shot with a D800 and 24-70 lens. Processed in Nik HDR Pro 2 and Nik Silver Efex.

-------------------

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
liamtoh1ps Registered since 17th Apr 2012Wed 19-Sep-12 08:30 PM
309 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Trying HDR"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Wow! I liked a lot.

Thanks for sharing.

largebore Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Jan 2011Wed 19-Sep-12 11:35 PM
660 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Trying HDR"
In response to Reply # 1

Clarks Summit, US

How did u keep the color with silver efex? Assume photo

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

greyface Gold Member Nikonian since 30th Jul 2008Thu 20-Sep-12 01:37 AM
1584 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Trying HDR"
In response to Reply # 0

New Bedford, US

Thank you both.
I used the control points in Silver Efex to selectively bring the color back. You can also do it in Photoshop using layers.
-------------------

Cavy2 Silver Member Awarded for her continuing willingness to keep on learning and to share her knowledge with others in the Nikonians spirit Nikonian since 02nd Aug 2006Fri 21-Sep-12 04:31 PM
4516 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Trying HDR"
In response to Reply # 3
Fri 21-Sep-12 04:31 PM by Cavy2

Newtown, US

Hi Robert,
I like what you did here converting the bridge in Silver Efex to accentuate the scene. I'm curious about the original color of the bridge. Nice detail on the bricks, but I wish the view at the end of the bridge was sharper.

http://kathycavallaro.smugmug.com/

greyface Gold Member Nikonian since 30th Jul 2008Fri 21-Sep-12 06:42 PM
#5. "RE: Trying HDR"
In response to Reply # 4

New Bedford, US

Hi Kathy,
Thank you for your comments. It was a little windy and should have used a faster shutter speed. I was lying down on the bridge to get the framing I wanted.
Here is one of the frames to show the original color.

-------------------

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Cavy2 Silver Member Awarded for her continuing willingness to keep on learning and to share her knowledge with others in the Nikonians spirit Nikonian since 02nd Aug 2006Sat 22-Sep-12 12:02 PM
4516 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Trying HDR"
In response to Reply # 5

Newtown, US

Such a great subject! Love the reflection. You definitely made the right choice with processing.

I did an HDR of a covered bridge, ended up masking in my one shot that was sharp.

http://kathycavallaro.smugmug.com/

mnbuilder49 Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, especially in Interiors Architecture, Landscape and HDR Photography Nikonian since 18th Apr 2006Thu 27-Sep-12 09:57 PM
4172 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Trying HDR"
In response to Reply # 0

Lakeville, US

Interesting shot. Nice job on the processing.

Larry
http://www.larryandersonphotography.com
http://www.andersonmasterbuilders.com

four eighty sparky Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Apr 2011Fri 28-Sep-12 02:17 PM
1571 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Trying HDR"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Damn! If you're just 'trying out HDR', just think what you'll end up with when you get good at it!

I wish I could have started out with HDRs looking like that!

My toys: A pair of gripped D600s, gripped D7100, Sigma 8mm circular fisheye, Sigma 15mm full-frame fisheye, Tokina 17/3.5 SL, 17-35 2.8D, 24-85 G, 24-120/4G, 28-200 D, 50/1.8D, 50/1.8G, 50/1.8E, 70-200 2.8 G VRII, 70-300G, 105/2.8D Micro, Tamron 150-600, 500 f/8 Reflex: Sigma 600mm, Celestron 2,000mm: PB-6 bellows, Nikon 1.4 and 1.7x TCs, auto macro tube set: SB600: Manfrotto 055XB/804RC2/390RC2 & 560B-1: Gossen Starlite: Easy-Up AP1500: 40' WonderPole

Visit my website.

greyface Gold Member Nikonian since 30th Jul 2008Fri 28-Sep-12 09:28 PM
#9. "RE: Trying HDR"
In response to Reply # 7

New Bedford, US

Thank you Larry.
-------------------

greyface Gold Member Nikonian since 30th Jul 2008Fri 28-Sep-12 09:41 PM
#10. "RE: Trying HDR"
In response to Reply # 8

New Bedford, US

Thank you for your kind words Ken. This is the first one with a new camera and new HDR processor, still learning both.

Don Menges, dmenges, has posted some excellent HDR images in the "A Picture I took forum". He has set the bar for HDR.
-------------------

glennaa11 Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Aug 2004Wed 10-Oct-12 01:05 AM
446 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: Trying HDR"
In response to Reply # 5

Arlington, US

>Hi Kathy,
>Thank you for your comments. It was a little windy and should
>have used a faster shutter speed. I was lying down on the
>bridge to get the framing I wanted.
>Here is one of the frames to show the original color.
>
>
>-------------------

Lots of detail out of that D800! I'm not so sure about a faster shutter. I kind of like it this way. Sort of water-color-y or kaleidoscopic.

Glenn
http://picasaweb.google.com/GlennAuve
http://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/ppuser/71182/cat/500

jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Nikonian since 21st Mar 2009Fri 12-Oct-12 02:41 PM
4671 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: Trying HDR"
In response to Reply # 3

Milwaukee, US

Wow...learning something new everyday looking at what others do...thanks for sharing....nice work.

jdroach, a Milwaukee area and sometimes Chicago area Nikonian.

Visit my Nikonians Blog

Visit my Nikonian gallery

My Flickr Photostream

jdroachphotography.com

tekneektom Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Nov 2011Tue 13-Nov-12 01:19 AM
1902 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: Trying HDR"
In response to Reply # 0

Land O Lakes, US

Wow! Superb.

Tom

greyface Gold Member Nikonian since 30th Jul 2008Wed 14-Nov-12 03:50 AM
#14. "RE: Trying HDR"
In response to Reply # 13

New Bedford, US

Thank you Tom.
-------------------

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) HDR software & hardware (Public) topic #7361 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.