Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS The French Café (Public) topic #1
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Welcome" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
This message is locked.
jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources Charter MemberSun 25-May-08 09:02 AM
33928 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Welcome"

San Pedro Garza García, MX

To your new French Café

Have a great time
JRP (Founder & Administrator. Nikonian at the north-eastern Mexican desert) Gallery, Brief Love Story, The Team
Join the Silver, Gold and Platinum members that help this happen; upgrade. Join your personal web site to the Nikonians WebRing
Make sure you check our workshops at The Nikonians Academy and the product catalog of the Photo Pro Shop

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic
archivue Gold Member Nikonian since 26th Mar 2002Sun 25-May-08 05:34 PM
5381 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Welcome"
In response to Reply # 0

Paris, FR

Thank you JRP and Bo...
Let's wish the best for this new "Café", in the language of Nicéphore Niepce, one of the inventors of Photography (as stated in history books )!

I'm sure there will be a number of members who will want to try their french here... And others for whom it may be easier to get through Nikonians this way

For those who will travel in Belgium or France, we will try to be as precise as possible for tips and tricks, repair shops, events, and places to see...

Or even to translate some of those weird words we use in photography !

On this opening day, champagne for everyone, on our sunny terrace...

Jacques

"Architecture and Photography are following the same goal ... To sculpt with light !" My Gallery...

Nikonians® - Worldwide Home for Nikon® Photographers -"Share, Learn and Inspire"
NikoScope® - Find Photography Friends From All Over The World
Nikonians Academy - Master Your Photography

bikinchris Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Sep 2004Mon 26-May-08 01:41 AM
858 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Welcome"
In response to Reply # 1

Broussard, US

I know I will practice READING french here. But I won't soon have the courage to post here.

Chris
Broussard, LA
http://www.eaglewheel.us/Photo%20Index.htm
My Nikonians Gallery

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

archivue Gold Member Nikonian since 26th Mar 2002Mon 26-May-08 08:07 AM
5381 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Welcome"
In response to Reply # 2

Paris, FR

You "need" to have the writing practice too....
It's just like cold water

Jacques

"Architecture and Photography are following the same goal ... To sculpt with light !" My Gallery...

Nikonians® - Worldwide Home for Nikon® Photographers -"Share, Learn and Inspire"

kmhjmh Registered since 19th May 2008Tue 27-May-08 06:53 AM
14 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Welcome"
In response to Reply # 3

CA

merci beaucoup!

pfgbel47 Gold Member Nikonian since 08th Dec 2007Tue 27-May-08 03:41 PM
1467 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Welcome"
In response to Reply # 4

LIEGE, BE

Bienvenue à toi Kris (kmhjmh) , merci pour ton soutien afin que ce French Café soit une réussite !
N'hésites pas à nous rendre visite souvent, nous serons là pour t'accueillir !

A bientôt donc !

Pol
Nikonians French Café

Visit my private website at http://www.geosolve.be
"Photography is painting with the light, so capture it to show who you are"

g1975a Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Sep 2007Wed 28-May-08 11:10 PM
2220 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Welcome"
In response to Reply # 2

Cambridge, CA

I'm in the same boat, I can read French but my writing skills are horrible. I hope to learn more of the language and pick up some tips as well.

Congratulations on the new forum, my francophone friends!

--Trying something and not succeeding is a lot better than waiting to fail: the realization of a chronic procrastinator.--

Nikon Digitutor: A great way to learn your camera   Nikonians Member Survey - Win a Markins Q3 Ball Head

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

pfgbel47 Gold Member Nikonian since 08th Dec 2007Thu 29-May-08 05:00 AM
1467 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Welcome"
In response to Reply # 6

LIEGE, BE

Thank you for your visit at this new Nikonians French Café Greg !
C'est très sympathique de ta part d'autant plus que tu es déjà Nikonian depuis pas mal de temps

French or English, we'll always be here to welcome you, no problem !!

Have a great day,

Pol
Nikonians French Café
Nikonians® - Worldwide Home for Nikon® Photographers

Visit my website at http://www.geosolve.be
”Photography is painting with the light, so capture it to show who you are”

MasterDabber Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Dec 2005Fri 06-Jun-08 02:01 PM
3211 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Welcome"
In response to Reply # 7

Camberley, GB

Premièrement, je vous prie de m’excuser pour mon français. Je suis mauvais en français.

Nous achetons une maison dans le Lot et il faut que j’essaie apprendre de parler mieux en français.
Je vais lire "Le Café" m’aider.

Je vous souhaite bonne chance pour "Le Café".

À bientôt

Derek
My Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

pfgbel47 Gold Member Nikonian since 08th Dec 2007Fri 06-Jun-08 02:53 PM
#9. "RE: Welcome"
In response to Reply # 8
Fri 06-Jun-08 02:55 PM by pfgbel47

LIEGE, BE

Hello Derek !

Je te souhaite la bienvenue dans le Nikonians French Café !
Je suis très heureux de t'acueillir ici et peux te dire que ton français est très bon !! Pas de problème donc

Tu es déjà un ancien de Nikonians, tu connais donc l'esprit d'échange et d'aide qui existe dans la communauté, alors même pour le français on est prêts à t'aider si nécessaire

Merci de nous souhaiter bonne chance et j'espère ta prochaine visite très bientôt !

Pol
Nikonians French Café

MasterDabber Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Dec 2005Fri 06-Jun-08 03:46 PM
3211 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: Welcome"
In response to Reply # 9

Camberley, GB

Merci Pol pour votre gentillesse à propos de mon français.

Je visiterai ici souvent.
Fais attention. C’est possible que je te demande trop beaucoup questions.

Pol, tu es le premier person que je tutoie.

Derek
My Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

archivue Gold Member Nikonian since 26th Mar 2002Fri 06-Jun-08 05:44 PM
#11. "RE: Welcome"
In response to Reply # 10

Paris, FR

Bonjour Derek...
Dans le Lot (comme ailleurs sur les routes françaises), les motards se tutoient d'office (en plus du signe de la main et de l'appel de phare)... Je pense que les Nikonians devraient faire de même (mais sans coup de flash ) !

A bientôt,
Jacques

MasterDabber Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Dec 2005Sat 07-Jun-08 08:06 AM
#12. "RE: Welcome"
In response to Reply # 11
Sat 07-Jun-08 08:14 AM by MasterDabber

Camberley, GB

Bonjour Jacques
Merci. C’étais nécessaire pour moi me renseigner sur ce que tu veux dire avec "se tutoient d'office". J’ai compris "se tutoient" mais je ne pouvais pas comprendre "d’office". Je comprends maintenant.

J’espère que Nikonians n’est pas si dangereux avoir besoin de "appel de phare".
A bientôt
Derek
My Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

archivue Gold Member Nikonian since 26th Mar 2002Sat 07-Jun-08 09:12 AM
#13. "RE: Welcome"
In response to Reply # 12

Paris, FR

A la campagne et sur les routes de France, en général, les motards quand ils se croisent se saluent souvent par un léger appel de phare ("je t'ai vu, bonjour") Ce n'est pas un avertissement de danger... Comme pour dire "il se passe quelque chose plus loin" !

On countryside roads, most bikers when crossing from opposite sides, flicks the headlight to say "hello". It's not seen as a danger signal (unless repeated), but as a friendly gesture.

In old days (I've been riding for 36 years), we were so few, that we even stopped to chat ! Since, with many more motorcycles and scooters, those little friendly signs tend to disappear. And with the smaller handlebars of modern bikes, the hand sign has become a foot sign

If you can find the french comic books called the "Joe Bar Team"(in fench), you won't stop giggling for some days, and you'll get the "local feeling" of bikers, as the french idioms... It's worth it!

Jacques

MasterDabber Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Dec 2005Sun 08-Jun-08 10:47 AM
#14. "RE: Welcome"
In response to Reply # 13

Camberley, GB

Merci beaucoup Jacques. Je regrette que j’avais mal compris « appel de phare ».
J ‘ai lis ce site web http://www.lerepairedesmotards.com/signes.htm et je pensais que c’était le signal d'un danger.
En Angleterre nous faisons un signe de la tête (mais pas pour danger).

Je connais de « Joe Bar Team ». Ils sont vraiment drôle.

J’espère que vous me comprenez ?

Derek
My Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

archivue Gold Member Nikonian since 26th Mar 2002Sun 08-Jun-08 01:44 PM
#15. "RE: Welcome"
In response to Reply # 14

Paris, FR

Excellent site...
Le signe de la tête (avec un grand sourire) marche bien à petite vitesse et avec un casque genre "cromwell", avec un casque intégral et sur autoroute ce n'est pas très visible
Non seulement je comprends bien, mais trouve que vous vous débrouillez pas mal

A bientôt au détour d'une route entre Sarlat et Rocamadour... Avec un "sticker" Nikonians sur le casque...
Jacques

Horus Registered since 29th Mar 2007Sat 28-Jun-08 09:24 PM
1015 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#16. "RE: Welcome"
In response to Reply # 0

Brussels, BE

Many Thanks JRP and Bo for opening this French Café

I'll be glad to pop in whenever possible

Horus Registered since 29th Mar 2007Sat 28-Jun-08 09:30 PM
1015 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#17. "RE: Welcome"
In response to Reply # 15

Brussels, BE

Excellente série BD que le Joe Bar Team (même si je ne suis pas motard )

Ha Sarlat et Rocamadour, c'est presque ma région ça ! Venant du Limousin, j'allais souvent à Rocamadour avec mon grand-père pour qu'il puisse voir la Vierge Noire.
Dans le Périgord Noir, on mange très très bien et il y a de superbes choses à visiter...

pfgbel47 Gold Member Nikonian since 08th Dec 2007Sat 28-Jun-08 10:55 PM
#18. "RE: Welcome"
In response to Reply # 16

LIEGE, BE

Bienvenue à toi David
Je suis heureux d'apprendre que tu nous rendras visite régulièrement, c'est une bonne nouvelle !

Je vois que nous sommes presque voisins puisque tu es à Bruxelles...
J'ai habité la région bruxelloise pendant 30 ans et viens seulement de m'installer à la campagne, dans la verdure et le calme
Cela dit, je suis à Bruxelles régulièrement...

A très bientôt !

Pol
Nikonians French Café

Horus Registered since 29th Mar 2007Sat 28-Jun-08 11:58 PM
#19. "RE: Welcome"
In response to Reply # 18
Sat 28-Jun-08 11:59 PM by Horus

Brussels, BE

Merci Pol

>Je vois que nous sommes presque voisins puisque tu es à Bruxelles...
Oui en effet, c'est chouette. Cela va faciliter les rencontres

Moi je suis bruxellois d'adoption depuis 25 ans Je viens du bas centre de la France, Limoges pour être précis
La campagne me manque pas mal, mais comme il y a la superbe Forêt de Soignes et que je suis un peu dans la verdure dans le coin de Bruxelles où je vis cela compense. Et j'adore Bruxelles qui reste une ville humaine et agréable à vivre (sans les navetteurs).

A très bientôt alors ?
David
Photography is a joy, happy shooting

Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS The French Café (Public) topic #1 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.