Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #66871
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Lightroom Missing Destination Path Prefix" Previous topic | Next topic
GaryPk Silver Member Nikonian since 01st May 2012Sat 15-Sep-12 09:28 PM
481 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Lightroom Missing Destination Path Prefix"

Bailey, US

Hello. Can anyone help me with a Lightroom question? When I try to Export from Lightroon I get an error message stating:

Lightroom Missing Destination Path Prefix

Misasaing: LR_export_destinationPathPrefix

Any idea how to fix this so I can export beck to a sub-folder in MyPictures?

Win 7 64 bit

Thank you ...

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
GaryPk Silver Member Nikonian since 01st May 2012Sun 16-Sep-12 05:34 PM
481 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Lightroom Missing Destination Path Prefix"
In response to Reply # 0

Bailey, US

Removed Lightroom completely and plugg-in's. Restructured photo files in Win 7 Pictures. Re-loaded Lightroom and Imported existing photos as a Copy. After Edit I "Save in Original Folder" and all works great ..

aolander Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Sep 2006Sun 07-Oct-12 06:23 PM
3202 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Lightroom Missing Destination Path Prefix"
In response to Reply # 0

Nevis, US

After re-structuring your folders, I think you should have used the "Add" option when you Imported them. If you used "Copy", Lightroom would copy the folders with images to another location of your choosing. You would now have two identical groups of images on your computer. "Copy" would be used to download images from a memory card, for example. Perhaps I am misunderstanding, however.

Alan

GaryPk Silver Member Nikonian since 01st May 2012Sun 07-Oct-12 07:19 PM
#3. "RE: Lightroom Missing Destination Path Prefix"
In response to Reply # 2

Bailey, US

Thanks Alan. I believe you are right ...

aolander Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Sep 2006Mon 08-Oct-12 08:13 PM
3202 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Lightroom Missing Destination Path Prefix"
In response to Reply # 0

Nevis, US

Perhaps this is something you already know, but folders/images are not placed "in" LR when you Import them. They exist wherever they were if you "Add" them to the Catalog, or are copied or moved to a folder of your choosing when you select "Copy" or "Move" on Import. A LR "Catalog" is just data about your images (edits, metadata, etc.), thumbnails, and information about where they are located.

Perhaps there is a reason you want to have a separate file of edited images, but if you edit images in LR there is no reason to put them into another folder. All the edit information for each image resides in the Catalog database (and side car file if you use that option). Edits can be changed anytime or deleted at any time leaving you with the untouched original. If you use the "Edit In" option in LR to use Photoshop for some editing, you can store the PS edited JPEG, TIFF, etc. right next to the original in LR. A copy of an image edited in LR &/or PS can be "Exported" whenever the need arises such as for email, web use, sending to a printer, etc.

Alan

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #66871 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.