Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #85595
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Thom's Predictions for 2013" Previous topic | Next topic
ZoneV Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Jan 2005Fri 30-Nov-12 04:50 PM
3476 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Thom's Predictions for 2013"

US

http://www.bythom.com/

Discuss away...

An undeniable paradox: To think that there is any such thing as an absolute rule is at worst naïve, and at best, shortsighted. There is no such thing as an always-true, all context- or situation-salient, absolute rule that always holds true…including this one!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
txstone12 Gold Member Nikonian since 12th Feb 2012Sat 01-Dec-12 03:47 AM
155 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Thom's Predictions for 2013"
In response to Reply # 0

Texas, US

Thanks for posting!

Thom mentions two of the lenses I'm waiting on to be updated, the 80-400 and the 300, so I'm happy!

David

Visit my Nikonians gallery

Visit my SmugMug Gallery.

stappy Gold Member Nikonian since 06th Aug 2009Sat 01-Dec-12 04:44 PM
225 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Thom's Predictions for 2013"
In response to Reply # 1

Alexandria, US

Thom mentions two lenses that I've recently purchased, the 70-200 and the 300, so I'm unhappy.

Brian

esantos Moderator Nikonians Resources Writer. Recognized for his outstanding reviews on printers and printing articles. Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas, including Landscape Photography Awarded for his extraordinary accomplishments in Landscape Photography. His work has been exhibited at the Smithsonian. Nikonian since 10th Nov 2002Sat 01-Dec-12 05:16 PM
11379 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Thom's Predictions for 2013"
In response to Reply # 1

McAllen, US

Don't get too giddy, they're simply predictions and Mr. Thom himself says he's only right about half the time.

Ernesto Santos
esartprints.com Ernesto Santos Photography

richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009Sun 02-Dec-12 09:01 AM
3092 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Thom's Predictions for 2013"
In response to Reply # 3

Dyserth, GB

I like Thom, but this time he's actually made my head hurt! This is regarding his predictions regarding the D7000/D300s replacements! He says simply:

D7000 replacement comes first, D300s replacement next.
D300s replacement comes first, D7000 replacement next.
The next DX camera is a replacement for both the D7000 and D300s.

After that synopsis begins a lengthy discussion on the possible combinations. I lost the will to read any further at that point.

Richard

Visit my Nikonians gallery

Visit my website www.pixels4u.co.uk
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. Einstein

ZoneV Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Jan 2005Sun 02-Dec-12 02:26 PM
3476 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Thom's Predictions for 2013"
In response to Reply # 4

US

>I like Thom, but this time he's actually made my head hurt!
>This is regarding his predictions regarding the D7000/D300s
>replacements! He says simply:
>
> D7000 replacement comes first, D300s replacement next.
> D300s replacement comes first, D7000 replacement next.
> The next DX camera is a replacement for both the D7000 and
>D300s.
>
>After that synopsis begins a lengthy discussion on the
>possible combinations. I lost the will to read any further at
>that point.

Yeah, and then he goes on to mention possibility #4...there is none.

And then he's saying this lower pricing coupled with poor service has the potential to hurt Nikon since they're now mostly a camera company...

An undeniable paradox: To think that there is any such thing as an absolute rule is at worst naïve, and at best, shortsighted. There is no such thing as an always-true, all context- or situation-salient, absolute rule that always holds true…including this one!

dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Nikonian since 12th Sep 2006Sun 02-Dec-12 04:24 PM
11066 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Thom's Predictions for 2013"
In response to Reply # 4

Lowden, US

This ensures that he will be right no matter what happens.

Dave Summers
Lowden, Iowa
Nikonians Photo Contest Director

Nikonians membership -
"My most important photographic investment, after the camera"

My Nikonians Gallery | SummersPhotoGraphic.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Showcase your best work in any of our 7 Monthly Nikonians Photo contests.

Wildlife | Landscape | Macro | Sports | Travel | Underwater | Online Assignments| Best of 2014

ZoneV Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Jan 2005Mon 03-Dec-12 12:32 AM
#7. "RE: Thom's Predictions for 2013"
In response to Reply # 6

US

>This ensures that he will be right no matter what happens.
>

Yeah, but only 50% right.

Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #85595 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.