nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby CAFÉ English Café (Public) topic #85236
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Hurricane Sandy - Back online finally" Previous topic | Next topic
DaddySS Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Woodcliff Lake NJ, & Jacksonvi, US  Nikonian since 26th Dec 2006 Wed 07-Nov-12 09:44 AM
859 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Hurricane Sandy - Back online finally"

It's been a rough 9 days here in northern NJ, finally have power back this morning - and back online!

Richard

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic
benveniste Moderator Awarded for is high level skills in various areas, including Macro and Landscape Photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his generous suppport to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Boston Area, US  Nikonian since 25th Nov 2002 Wed 07-Nov-12 01:45 PM
9700 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#1. "RE: Hurricane Sandy - Back online finally"
In response to Reply # 0

Welcome back!

One of the biggest mistakes a photographer can make is to look at the real world and cling to the vain hope that next time his film will somehow bear a closer resemblance to it. - Galen Rowell

RockyIII Gold Member  Raleigh, US  Nikonian since 27th May 2006 Wed 07-Nov-12 03:32 PM
3102 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Hurricane Sandy - Back online finally"
In response to Reply # 0

I imagine that nine days without power would be quite an experience. I hope you have no lingering damage or problems from the storm.

Rocky

jordivb   Manresa, ES  Registered since 01st Mar 2009 Wed 07-Nov-12 06:55 PM
620 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Hurricane Sandy - Back online finally"
In response to Reply # 0

Good to have you back!
I hope you had at least water supply during those long 9 days and you had not to endure further dammages. Reports we have seen on TV are really horrible.

Jordi
-Barcelonian-

DaddySS Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Woodcliff Lake NJ, & Jacksonvi, US  Nikonian since 26th Dec 2006 Fri 09-Nov-12 12:52 AM
859 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Hurricane Sandy - Back online finally"
In response to Reply # 3

Thanks all. Very fortunate here when put in perspective. So many of the NJ, NY and Conn. neighbors lost and have been through so much. I lost one very large tree that missed the house, had my generator running so had heat, and although hours on the gas lines, starting the generator at 3:00 am, and having no internet were a pain, all things considered I was lucky. Just glad to be back.

Richard

ScottChapin Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, including Aviation and Birds Photography   Powder Springs, US  Charter Member Fri 09-Nov-12 01:03 AM
8391 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Hurricane Sandy - Back online finally"
In response to Reply # 4

Glad you weathered the storm and are getting back to normal.

Scott Chapin
Powder Springs, GA, USA
Nikonians Team Member

Forums Lobby CAFÉ English Café (Public) topic #85236 Previous topic | Next topic