Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #75437
View in threaded mode

Subject: "August Contest: B&W Landscapes" Previous topic | Next topic
Valentino Gold Member Awarded for high level skills in landscape and wildlife photography Nikonian since 04th Dec 2004Wed 31-Jul-13 10:05 PM
11613 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"August Contest: B&W Landscapes"

US

This months theme is Black and White Landscapes. B&W photos are often about contrast which can accentuate detail and texture often making the capture more dramatic. Vibrant colors can be powerful but one must strategically place warm colors, especially, red, since the eye has a natural tendency to go to warm colors, as well as bright areas/hot spots. All that goes away with monochrome images so that shape and texture become more prominent. Of course one of the most famous B&W landscape photographers was Ansel Adams and it can be hard to imagine some of his work in color. 

All post processing software includes useful options to convert color to black and white - the least useful is desaturation tools since that tends to offer the least contrast. Although one can create spectacular B&W images with whatever software you normally use software plugins dedicated to this genre can be very helpful for creating powerful monochrome images. Topaz, BW Effects and Nik’s Silver Efex are some of the more popular plugins.

Note: For this theme it is okay to add some toning like sepia....

RULES:
--Post up to 7 images but ONLY ONE PICTURE/post
--Include a title in the subject line
--Include shooting info so we can learn from each other
--Previously posted images are welcome but ot previous winners
--When posting please do so by hitting the ‘reply’ link below this top post, not the reply link to another post.
--NO excessively post processed images unless that is the theme
--No people in the composition such that the people become or compete for the main subject
--Capture must be shot with a Nikon camera and any lens
--Comments are welcome but NO public critiquing, i.e., how to make it better. This is a contest so PM's are a better way to offer feedback
--Posts that do not meet the spirit of the challenge will not be selected as finalists - and may or may not be randomly removed during the month without notice. To be considered as a finalist the post must be a Landscape - see criteria here, AND also meet the monthly theme such that the theme is a standout feature - what one thinks about when looking at the picture. Image enhancement in the digital darkroom is acceptable as long as the final result looks mostly like a photo - the exception is when the theme specifically allows for digital art.

Six images will be selected by the previous months winner and be included in a poll for members to vote for the winning photo. The winning image will be added to the Landscape Winners Gallery

Good Luck

Albert J Valentino
Nikonian Moderator Emeritus

Vantage Point Images
Mastery of Composition is the Key to Great Photography

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
olivierrychner Gold Member  Awarded for his long standing high level of commitment to the Nikonians community and demonstrated excellence in the art and science of photography. Nikonian since 03rd Jan 2005Thu 01-Aug-13 07:35 AM
4992 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "Fir trees in the mist"
In response to Reply # 0

CH

Back in 2011...

D700, 80-200/2.8, ISO 200, f/10, 1/1250. Post in LR3.6 and CS3.

Olivier Rychner

Auta i lomë! And my Nikon's only awaiting daylight...

olivierrychner Gold Member  Awarded for his long standing high level of commitment to the Nikonians community and demonstrated excellence in the art and science of photography. Nikonian since 03rd Jan 2005Thu 01-Aug-13 08:11 AM
4992 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "Lone tree, forest and fog"
In response to Reply # 0

CH

D700, 80-200/2.8, ISO 400, f/8, 1/400.

Olivier Rychner

Paul1955 Silver Member Nikonian since 30th May 2011Fri 02-Aug-13 01:41 AM
8 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "Mesquite Dunes, Death Valley"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri 02-Aug-13 04:37 AM by Paul1955

Rochester, US

Nikon D700
f/ 5.6
1/200
ISO 160
300 mm
Nikon Lens 28-300
Matrix Metering

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community Nikonian since 12th Sep 2006Fri 02-Aug-13 02:15 AM
11602 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Fir trees in the mist"
In response to Reply # 1

Lowden, US

Wow!

Dave Summers
Lowden, Iowa
Nikonians Photo Contest Director

Nikonians membership -
"My most important photographic investment, after the camera"

My Nikonians Gallery | SummersPhotoGraphic.com | My Crated Gallery
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Showcase your best work in any of our 7 Monthly Nikonians Photo contests.

Wildlife | Landscape | Macro | Sports | Travel | Online Assignments | Best of Nikonians 2014

BSchirm Gold Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 07th Dec 2005Sat 03-Aug-13 12:42 AM
2632 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "Yukon Territory"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat 03-Aug-13 10:26 PM by BSchirm

Rolling Hills, US

D300 | Niikor 17-55 @ 32mm | f/8 @ 1/500 | ISO 200 | hand held | Silver Efex Pro

Barry

Nikonians Gallery

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Sat 03-Aug-13 10:54 AM
8785 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "Okefenokee Sunset"
In response to Reply # 0

Atlanta, US

Nikon D7000
Nikon 24-70
f/9
1/200 sec
ISO 400
Exp Com -1.7

Processed in Capture NX2 and Silver Efex Pro.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Fall Workshops - Golf Photography at the Tour Championship and Fall Color in the Smokies

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Sat 03-Aug-13 11:00 AM
8785 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "Channel Islands"
In response to Reply # 0

Atlanta, US

Nikon D300
Tokina 12-24
f/5.6
1/1600 sec
ISO 400

Processed with Capture NX2 and Silver Efex Pro

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Fall Workshops - Golf Photography at the Tour Championship and Fall Color in the Smokies

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Sat 03-Aug-13 11:09 AM
#9. "Taos Pueblo Cemetery"
In response to Reply # 0

Atlanta, US

Nikon D200 IR
Nikon 16-85
f/8
1/80 sec
ISO 200
Exp Comp +0.7

Processed with Capture NX2 and Silver Efex Pro

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery

geneluck Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Oct 2004Sat 03-Aug-13 03:03 PM
2531 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "French alps Mont Blanc - Aiguille du Gouter"
In response to Reply # 0

Reading, GB

taken from accross the valley.
converted to B&W with silver FX pro
D700 70-300mm at 240mm f11 1/1000s ISO200 matrix
Jean-luc

geneluck

geneluck Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Oct 2004Sat 03-Aug-13 03:48 PM
2531 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "On the way to Kodaikanal -Tamil Nadu India"
In response to Reply # 0

Reading, GB

Driving to Kodaikanal, I suddenly saw these hills emerge from the mist.
D90 18-200 at 40mm 1/640s f14 ISO250
Jean-luc

geneluck

BSchirm Gold Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 07th Dec 2005Sat 03-Aug-13 07:18 PM
2632 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "Grand Jaguar"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat 03-Aug-13 08:06 PM by BSchirm

Rolling Hills, US

Tikal, Guatemala
D300 | Nikkor 17-55 @ 38mm | f/8 @ 1/500 | ISO 200 | hand held | Silver Efex Pro

Barry

Nikonians Gallery

BSchirm Gold Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 07th Dec 2005Sat 03-Aug-13 07:45 PM
#13. "Jekyll Island"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat 03-Aug-13 08:06 PM by BSchirm

Rolling Hills, US

Jekyll Island, Georgia
Nikon 710 P & S | Silver Efex Pro

Barry

Nikonians Gallery

BSchirm Gold Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 07th Dec 2005Sat 03-Aug-13 08:04 PM
#14. "Churning Tide"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat 03-Aug-13 08:07 PM by BSchirm

Rolling Hills, US

D200 | Nikkor 70-200 @ 80mm | f/16 @ 1 sec | ISO 100 | tripod | Silver Efex Pro

Barry

Nikonians Gallery

BSchirm Gold Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 07th Dec 2005Sat 03-Aug-13 09:01 PM
#15. "Glacier Bay"
In response to Reply # 0

Rolling Hills, US

D300 | Nikkor 17-55 @ 30mm | f/11 @ 1/200 | hand held | Silver Efex Pro

Barry

Nikonians Gallery

polarpics Gold Member Nikonian since 23rd Jan 2013Sun 04-Aug-13 02:53 PM
237 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#16. "RE: August Contest: B&W Landscapes"
In response to Reply # 0

Ontario, CA

Old Mill

D600, 16/35f4, 28mm, 1/60s@f8, ISO 100, AP, matrix, converted with red filter PS6

Bill

Cold weather photography makes a VR lens your best friend. Think violent shivering.

geneluck Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Oct 2004Sun 04-Aug-13 07:28 PM
#17. "Kodaikanal -view from the top"
In response to Reply # 0

Reading, GB

Kodaikanal -Tamil Nadu -India
I likesd the layers of mountains in the distant mist.
D90 18-200mm at 18mm f16 1/250s ISO250
Jean-luc

geneluck

geneluck Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Oct 2004Sun 04-Aug-13 07:35 PM
#18. "Northern lights Tromso"
In response to Reply # 0

Reading, GB

Northern lights in B&W? why not.
This is taken north of Tromso in Norway in freezing cold.
D800 24-70 at 26mm ISO640 f2.8 10s
Jean-luc

geneluck

geneluck Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Oct 2004Sun 04-Aug-13 07:39 PM
#19. "Longsheng rice terraces-China"
In response to Reply # 0

Reading, GB

Taken afer heavy rain, the mist comes and goes.
D700 28-105mm at 98mm ISO400 f11 1/250s
Jean-luc

geneluck

RiverWader Silver Member Nikonian since 14th May 2010Sun 04-Aug-13 09:15 PM
80 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#20. "Carbis Bend"
In response to Reply # 0

Gardner, US

D800, 24-70mm, f22, ISO 100, 6s

-Pat

DAJolley Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Dec 2007Sun 04-Aug-13 10:11 PM
1221 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#21. "Gathering Storm, Arches Nat'l Park"
In response to Reply # 0

US

D800E ,Nikkor AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8G ED, 1/200s f/11.0 at 24.0mm iso100

Dave Jolley

David Jolley
Pickerington, Ohio
Please visit my Website

DAJolley Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Dec 2007Sun 04-Aug-13 10:14 PM
1221 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#22. "Methodist Church, Cades Cove, GSMNP"
In response to Reply # 0

US

D700 ,Nikkor AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8G ED,1/125s f/10.0 at 26.0mm iso200

Dave Jolley

David Jolley
Pickerington, Ohio
Please visit my Website

DAJolley Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Dec 2007Sun 04-Aug-13 10:16 PM
#23. "Mesquite Dunes, Death Valley"
In response to Reply # 0

US

D7000 ,AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II, 1/100s f/13.0 at 200.0mm iso100

Dave Jolley

David Jolley
Pickerington, Ohio
Please visit my Website

DAJolley Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Dec 2007Sun 04-Aug-13 10:18 PM
#24. "Passing Storm, Teton Range"
In response to Reply # 0

US

D800E ,Nikkor AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8G ED, f/10.0 at 55.0mm iso100

Dave Jolley

David Jolley
Pickerington, Ohio
Please visit my Website

kennoll Gold Member Nikonian since 07th Feb 2011Sun 04-Aug-13 10:18 PM
821 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#25. "RE: Northern lights Tromso"
In response to Reply # 18

Seattle, US

I actually like this better in B&W rather than color.

Ken
Seattle, WA
My Gallery

DAJolley Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Dec 2007Sun 04-Aug-13 10:20 PM
#26. "Yosemite Valley"
In response to Reply # 0

US

D300 ,Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S, 1/10s f/14.0 at 48.0mm iso200

Dave Jolley

David Jolley
Pickerington, Ohio
Please visit my Website

DAJolley Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Dec 2007Sun 04-Aug-13 10:22 PM
#27. "Monsoon Rain, Arches Nat'l Park"
In response to Reply # 0

US

D7000 ,AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II, 1/60s f/13.0 at 90.0mm iso100

Dave Jolley

David Jolley
Pickerington, Ohio
Please visit my Website

DAJolley Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Dec 2007Sun 04-Aug-13 10:26 PM
#28. "Waterfall, Conkles Hollow Gorge"
In response to Reply # 0

US

D800E ,Nikkor AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8G ED, 0.6s f/9.0 at 40.0mm iso800

Dave Jolley

David Jolley
Pickerington, Ohio
Please visit my Website

cchoc Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, most notably in Landscape Photography Charter MemberMon 05-Aug-13 12:55 AM
4573 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#29. "Sunshine Through The Mist"
In response to Reply # 0

Marietta, US

Cades Cove

D800E
24-70mm 1/5" @ f/16 converted with SilverEfex 2

Charlie...
stalking light

Nikonians Team Member

glxman Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Oct 2008Mon 05-Aug-13 01:07 AM
3007 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#30. "Morning fog"
In response to Reply # 0

South Australia, AU

Regards
Gary

glxman Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Oct 2008Mon 05-Aug-13 01:11 AM
3007 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#31. "Morning fog 2"
In response to Reply # 0

South Australia, AU

Regards
Gary

richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009Mon 05-Aug-13 06:25 PM
3475 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#32. "Llyn Ogwen - Snowdonia - North Wales"
In response to Reply # 0

Dyserth, GB

Nikon D7100 + Nikon 16-35mm f4 - 1/15@f22 ISO100 - EV= -0.33 - Tripod remote release - Mup.

Visit my Nikonians gallery

Visit my website www.pixels4u.co.uk
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. Einstein

richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009Mon 05-Aug-13 06:30 PM
3475 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#33. "Towards the Carneddau - Snowdonia National Park"
In response to Reply # 0

Dyserth, GB

Nikon D800 + Nikon 24-70mm f2.8 - 1/2500@f8 ISO1000 (to introduce noise)- EV=-1.33. Handheld.

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. Einstein

richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009Mon 05-Aug-13 06:42 PM
#34. "Walking to the summit."
In response to Reply # 0

Dyserth, GB

Nikon D800- 24-70mm f2.8 - 1/640@f8 - ISO250

richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009Mon 05-Aug-13 06:45 PM
#35. "Sleepy River Dee through Carrog - Near Llangollen"
In response to Reply # 0

Dyserth, GB

Nikon D800 = 16-35mm f4 - 1/320@f9 - ISO100 - EV= -0.33 - Handheld

richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009Mon 05-Aug-13 06:48 PM
#36. "Ogwen Valley - Snowdonia - North Wales"
In response to Reply # 0

Dyserth, GB

Nikon D800 - 24-70mm f2.8 - 1/200@f8 - ISO200 - EV= -0.33 - Tripod - remote release Mup.

richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009Mon 05-Aug-13 06:52 PM
#37. "Cwmorthin Barracks - Tanygrisiau - North Wales"
In response to Reply # 0

Dyserth, GB

Nikon D800 + 16-35mmf4 - 1/400@f14 - ISO200 - EV= -1.00 - Tripod - Remote - Mup

richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009Mon 05-Aug-13 06:56 PM
#38. "Towards Nant Ffrancon - Ogwen Valley "
In response to Reply # 0

Dyserth, GB

Nikon D800 + 16-35mm f4 - 1/20@f22 - ISO100 - EV= 0 - Tripod - remote release - Mup

DaynLarz Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Aug 2007Tue 06-Aug-13 09:23 PM
271 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#39. "Aspen Sisters"
In response to Reply # 0

Blue Springs, US

North Rim of the Grand Canyon

Nikon D200 with Tokina AT-X 280 Pro

Dayn Cederstrom
Independence, MO

http://creations-light.com

"If you want to be a better photographer, stand in front of better stuff." – Jim Richardson

DaynLarz Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Aug 2007Tue 06-Aug-13 09:28 PM
271 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#40. "Mt Hayden"
In response to Reply # 39

Blue Springs, US

At Point Imperial, North Rim of the Grand Canyon

Nikon D200 with Tokina AT-X 280

Dayn Cederstrom
Independence, MO

"If you want to be a better photographer, stand in front of better stuff." – Jim Richardson

DaynLarz Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Aug 2007Tue 06-Aug-13 09:33 PM
#41. "North Rim Weathered Tree"
In response to Reply # 40

Blue Springs, US

North Rim of the Grand Canyon

Dayn Cederstrom
Independence, MO

DaynLarz Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Aug 2007Tue 06-Aug-13 09:38 PM
#42. "Treasure Falls"
In response to Reply # 41

Blue Springs, US

Colorado

Dayn Cederstrom
Independence, MO

DaynLarz Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Aug 2007Tue 06-Aug-13 09:41 PM
#43. "Treasure Falls Detail"
In response to Reply # 42

Blue Springs, US

Colorado

Nikon D200 with Tokina AT-X 820 Pro

Dayn Cederstrom
Independence, MO

DaynLarz Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Aug 2007Tue 06-Aug-13 09:44 PM
#44. "Shadows Among the Dunes"
In response to Reply # 43

Blue Springs, US

Great Sand Dunes National Park

Nikon D200 with Tokian AT-X 820 Pro

Dayn Cederstrom
Independence, MO

DaynLarz Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Aug 2007Tue 06-Aug-13 09:54 PM
#45. "The Watchman"
In response to Reply # 44

Blue Springs, US

Zion Canyon at Zion National Park

Nikon D200 with Tokina AT-X 124 Pro DX

Dayn Cederstrom
Independence, MO

Hans Ztz Silver Member Awarded for his outstandig Landscape Images. Nikonian since 22nd Feb 2009Wed 07-Aug-13 06:21 PM
1093 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#46. "some trees "
In response to Reply # 0
Wed 07-Aug-13 06:23 PM by Hans Ztz

Regensburg, DE

... in a misty forest. A shot out of my car. D600 with a Tamron 24-70 / 2,8 ISO 400, f5,6 1/30s

Hans (Bavaria/Germany)

rb4good Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd May 2006Fri 09-Aug-13 12:10 AM
4327 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#47. "Watch Rock "
In response to Reply # 0

Rocky Hill, US

D300,28-70mmF2.8D@28mm,ISO 100,F/11

Rick

rb4good Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd May 2006Fri 09-Aug-13 12:14 AM
4327 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#48. "Rocky Neck SP"
In response to Reply # 0

Rocky Hill, US

D7100,12-24mmTokina@13mm,ISO 100,F/11@1/40

Rick

Hans Ztz Silver Member Awarded for his outstandig Landscape Images. Nikonian since 22nd Feb 2009Fri 09-Aug-13 07:14 PM
1093 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#49. "swan lake"
In response to Reply # 0

Regensburg, DE

D600, Tamron 24-70, ISO 100, f8, 1/1000s .... on tour with the bicycle

Hans (Bavaria/Germany)

Hans Ztz Silver Member Awarded for his outstandig Landscape Images. Nikonian since 22nd Feb 2009Fri 09-Aug-13 07:20 PM
#50. "hunters hideout"
In response to Reply # 0

Regensburg, DE

and again with the D600, Tamron 24-70, ISO 100, f5,6, 1/60s

Hans (Bavaria/Germany)

robwig Gold Member Nikonian since 25th Nov 2007Fri 09-Aug-13 08:49 PM
139 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#51. "Foggy Trees"
In response to Reply # 0

Seattle, US

Taken on a very rainy hike in the Chiwaukum Mountains in Washington State.

Nikon D80, f/16, 1/45 sec, ISO 250 16-85VR @ 24mm

Bob

robwig Gold Member Nikonian since 25th Nov 2007Fri 09-Aug-13 08:51 PM
139 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#52. "Snoqualmie River"
In response to Reply # 0

Seattle, US

Nikon D80, f/8, 1/10 sec, ISO 200, 16-85mm VR @ 37mm

Bob

robwig Gold Member Nikonian since 25th Nov 2007Fri 09-Aug-13 08:54 PM
#53. "Misty Forest"
In response to Reply # 0

Seattle, US

Shot near Pratt Lake in the Alpine Lakes Wilderness Area in Washington State.

D80, f/4, 1/60 sec, ISO 400, 16-85mm VR @ 20mm

Bob

robwig Gold Member Nikonian since 25th Nov 2007Fri 09-Aug-13 08:58 PM
#54. "Glacier Basin"
In response to Reply # 0

Seattle, US

Shot in Mt Rainier National Park

D7000, f/22, 1/80 sec, ISO 200, 16-85mm VR @ 18mm

Bob

robwig Gold Member Nikonian since 25th Nov 2007Fri 09-Aug-13 09:00 PM
#55. "Rainier"
In response to Reply # 0

Seattle, US

D7000, F/8, 1/8 sec, ISO 400, 16-85mm VR @ 48mm

Bob

robwig Gold Member Nikonian since 25th Nov 2007Fri 09-Aug-13 09:02 PM
#56. "Shriner Peak Lookout"
In response to Reply # 0

Seattle, US

D7000, f/16, 1/400 sec, ISO 400, 16-85mm VR @ 16mm

Bob

robwig Gold Member Nikonian since 25th Nov 2007Fri 09-Aug-13 09:03 PM
#57. "Talapus Creek"
In response to Reply # 0

Seattle, US

D7000, f/16, 1.3 sec, ISO 400, 16-85mm VR @ 20mm

Bob

BSchirm Gold Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 07th Dec 2005Sat 10-Aug-13 12:33 AM
#58. "Cochrane Bay"
In response to Reply # 0

Rolling Hills, US

Cochrane Bay, Alaska
D300 | Nikkor 70-200 @ 70mm | f/8 @ 1/500 | ISO 200 | handheld | Silver Efex Pro 2

Barry

Nikonians Gallery

BSchirm Gold Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 07th Dec 2005Sat 10-Aug-13 12:46 AM
#59. "Granite Sentry"
In response to Reply # 0

Rolling Hills, US

Entrance to Glacier Bay, Alaska
D300 | Nikkor 17-55 @ 48mm | f/8 @ 1/200 | ISO 200 | hand held | Silver Exfex Pro

Barry

Nikonians Gallery

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Sun 11-Aug-13 11:04 PM
12964 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#60. "Scenes from Lago Argentina B&W"
In response to Reply # 59

San Jose, US

D700 with 85mm f/1.4 AFD lens. f/8, 1/200, ISO 640. Processed in Capture NX2 using NIK B&W Conversion.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Sun 11-Aug-13 11:05 PM
12964 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#61. "Los Glacieres National Park B&W"
In response to Reply # 0

San Jose, US

D700 with 85 mm f/1.4 AFD lens. f/10, 1/640, ISO 200. Processed in Capture NX2 and converted to B&W using NIK filters.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

camera"

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Sun 11-Aug-13 11:07 PM
#62. "Calvo Fjord Chile-5-BW"
In response to Reply # 0

San Jose, US

Camera: D700
Lens and Filters: 85mm f/1.4 AFD
Film and/or ISO: 200
Aperture: f/10
Shutter speed: 1/400

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

camera"

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Sun 11-Aug-13 11:10 PM
#63. "On Mount Etna B&W"
In response to Reply # 0

San Jose, US

D700 with 17-35 f/2.8 Zoom @ 17mm. f/11, 1/640, ISO 200. Processed to B&W in Capture NX2.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

camera"

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Sun 11-Aug-13 11:14 PM
#64. "Juliet's Balcony Ver 2"
In response to Reply # 0

San Jose, US

D700 w/ 17-35 f/2.8 zoom @35mm. f/5.6, 1/200, ISO 360. Processed in Capture NX2

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

camera"

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Sun 11-Aug-13 11:45 PM
#65. "Flying Kites in Taloko Gorge at Dusk B&W"
In response to Reply # 0

San Jose, US

Camera: Nikon F3HP
Lens and Filters: No trecorded
Film and/or ISO: Ektachrome Slide
Aperture: not recorded
Shutter speed: not recorded

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

camera"

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Mon 12-Aug-13 12:00 AM
#66. "A morning at Laguna Nimez_BW"
In response to Reply # 0

San Jose, US

D700 with 85 mm f/1.4 AFD lens. f/8, 1/800, ISO 200. Processed in Capture NX2.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

camera"

olivierrychner Gold Member  Awarded for his long standing high level of commitment to the Nikonians community and demonstrated excellence in the art and science of photography. Nikonian since 03rd Jan 2005Mon 12-Aug-13 11:25 AM
#67. "Swiss alpine cliché in BW"
In response to Reply # 0

CH

The glacier is sadly backing up towards the top and its end...

D700, 28-300, circular polarizer, ISO 200, f/9, 1/100. LR and CS for conversion and reduction.

Olivier Rychner

olivierrychner Gold Member  Awarded for his long standing high level of commitment to the Nikonians community and demonstrated excellence in the art and science of photography. Nikonian since 03rd Jan 2005Mon 12-Aug-13 11:26 AM
#68. "Where water and mountains meet"
In response to Reply # 0

CH

Taken last week at Schwarzsee/Lac Noir (yes, "Black Lake").

D700, 28-300, ISO 800 (user error), f/11, 1/1600.

Olivier Rychner

jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Nikonian since 21st Mar 2009Mon 12-Aug-13 01:35 PM
4671 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#69. "RE: August Contest: B&W Landscapes: Hyde Mill"
In response to Reply # 0

Milwaukee, US

Taken with Nikon D700, 28-300mm Lens at 100mm, f/20, 1/6s, ISO 200, Lightroom, Nik Suite and onOne Perfect Effects for Monochrome and Border effects.

jdroach, a Milwaukee area and sometimes Chicago area Nikonian.

Visit my Nikonians Blog

Visit my Nikonian gallery

My Flickr Photostream

jdroachphotography.com

jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Nikonian since 21st Mar 2009Mon 12-Aug-13 01:41 PM
4671 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#70. "RE: August Contest: B&W Landscapes: Sable Falls"
In response to Reply # 0

Milwaukee, US

Taken with D700, 28-300mm at 65mm, f/18, 1/5s, ISO 200, Lightroom 5, Nik HDR Pro, and Topaz Monochrome effect.

Visit my Nikonians Blog

My Flickr Photostream

jdroachphotography.com

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007Mon 12-Aug-13 02:27 PM
6547 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#71. "RE: Taos Pueblo Cemetery"
In response to Reply # 9

US

I have always liked that one Eric, very nice image.

Scott Martin Sternberg

Scotts Fine Art

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007Mon 12-Aug-13 02:39 PM
6547 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#72. "RE: August Contest: B&W Landscapes"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Ocoee River Tennessee.

Camera
NIKON D300 & 24-70
Focal Length
28mm
Aperture
f/16
ISO

Scott Martin Sternberg

Scotts Fine Art

jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Nikonian since 21st Mar 2009Mon 12-Aug-13 02:49 PM
#73. "RE: August Contest: B&W Landscapes: Mississippi River Valley"
In response to Reply # 0

Milwaukee, US

Taken with Nikon D800, Sigma 70-200mm at 75mm, f/18, 1/20s, ISO 100, Lightroom 5 and Nik Silver Efex Pro.

Visit my Nikonians Blog

My Flickr Photostream

jdroachphotography.com

geneluck Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Oct 2004Mon 12-Aug-13 09:13 PM
#74. "lake near Tronheim - Norway"
In response to Reply # 0

Reading, GB

Taken soon after a storm. All is quiet again.
D800 24-70 at60mm f13 1/320s ISO160 converting with NIK efex pro
Jean-luc

geneluck

DAJolley Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Dec 2007Tue 13-Aug-13 12:35 PM
#75. "RE: August Contest: B&W Landscapes"
In response to Reply # 72

US

Love the quality of the light in this one.

Dave Jolley

David Jolley
Pickerington, Ohio
Please visit my Website

geneluck Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Oct 2004Tue 13-Aug-13 07:15 PM
#76. "RE: August Contest: B&W Landscapes"
In response to Reply # 0

Reading, GB

Ha Long Bay -Vietnam-

geneluck

olivierrychner Gold Member  Awarded for his long standing high level of commitment to the Nikonians community and demonstrated excellence in the art and science of photography. Nikonian since 03rd Jan 2005Wed 14-Aug-13 06:16 AM
#77. "Twannbachschlucht"
In response to Reply # 0

CH

Taken yesterday...

D700, 28-300, ISO 200, f/16, 0.8 seconds. PP in LR and CS

Olivier Rychner

dhingle1 Gold Member Nikonian since 10th Jun 2013Wed 14-Aug-13 07:28 PM
32 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#78. "RE: August Contest: B&W Landscapes"
In response to Reply # 0

Houma, US

Valentino,

I am fairly new to Nikonians. Would a photo of a sunken boat qualify as "landscape"?

Thanks,
Don

olivierrychner Gold Member  Awarded for his long standing high level of commitment to the Nikonians community and demonstrated excellence in the art and science of photography. Nikonian since 03rd Jan 2005Thu 15-Aug-13 09:19 PM
#79. "The pilgrims' way"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu 15-Aug-13 09:20 PM by olivierrychner

CH

A very old road, part of the path to Santiago de Compostella, not really far from Bern.

Good news : that bit was done going down. Bad news : there's some going up very soon after that point...

D700, 28-105D, ISO 400, f/5, 1/100. PP in LR4.4 and CS6.

Olivier Rychner

dhingle1 Gold Member Nikonian since 10th Jun 2013Fri 16-Aug-13 02:38 AM
32 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#80. "Sunken Dreams"
In response to Reply # 0

Houma, US

F 14
1/400
ISO 200
125mm
D300S
Center Weight Metering

dhingle1 Gold Member Nikonian since 10th Jun 2013Fri 16-Aug-13 09:11 PM
#81. "RE: Sunken Dreams"
In response to Reply # 80

Houma, US

This is an old shrimp boat sunk in Bayou Terrebonne in Houma, Louisiana. These have all been recently cleaned up by the local government which is nice for boat traffic, but not good for photographers... Click on the attachment for a full view. Sorry for the double posting of the photo. Its my first attempt to Post my work on Nikonians.

Thanks,
Don

olivierrychner Gold Member  Awarded for his long standing high level of commitment to the Nikonians community and demonstrated excellence in the art and science of photography. Nikonian since 03rd Jan 2005Fri 16-Aug-13 09:43 PM
#82. "Engstligenalp"
In response to Reply # 0

CH

My last entry for the month...

D700, 20/2.8 AF-D, ISO 200, f/14, 1/125 - handheld. PP in LR 4.4 and CS6.

Olivier Rychner

cchoc Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, most notably in Landscape Photography Charter MemberFri 16-Aug-13 11:48 PM
4573 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#83. "Alien Landscape"
In response to Reply # 0

Marietta, US

Badlands National Park.

D200
17-35mm @ f/16
5 shot HDR processed with HDR Efex/2 and Silver Efex 2

Charlie...
stalking light

Nikonians Team Member

cchoc Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, most notably in Landscape Photography Charter MemberFri 16-Aug-13 11:57 PM
#84. "Driftwood Beach Dawn"
In response to Reply # 0

Marietta, US

Jekyll Island, GA

D3s
28-70mm 1/6 sec @ f/22
Silver Efex 2

Charlie...
stalking light

Nikonians Team Member

polarpics Gold Member Nikonian since 23rd Jan 2013Sun 18-Aug-13 02:10 AM
237 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#85. "Arctic Spring"
In response to Reply # 0

Ontario, CA

FM2,28mm f2.8, Kodak film, scanned image converted to B&W in PS6 with red filter.

Bill

Cold weather photography makes a VR lens your best friend. Think violent shivering.

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007Wed 21-Aug-13 01:26 PM
#86. "RE: August Contest: B&W Landscapes"
In response to Reply # 0

US

John Oliver cabin, Cades Cove Tennessee.

Camera
NIKON D800 24-70
Focal Length
24mm
Aperture
f/9
Exposure
1/13s
ISO

Scott Martin Sternberg

Scotts Fine Art

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007Wed 21-Aug-13 01:28 PM
#87. "RE: August Contest: B&W Landscapes"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Big Red Lighthouse in Holland Michigan, Holland State Park.

Camera
NIKON D800 24-70
Focal Length
48mm
Aperture
f/10
Exposure
1/30s
ISO

Scott Martin Sternberg

Scotts Fine Art

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007Wed 21-Aug-13 01:31 PM
#88. "RE: August Contest: B&W Landscapes"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed 21-Aug-13 02:53 PM by Bump57

US

Another Cades Cove cabin in Tennessee.

Camera
NIKON D800 24-70
Focal Length
62mm
Aperture
f/8
Exposure
1/100s
ISO

Scott Martin Sternberg

Scotts Fine Art

gaston Silver Member Nikonian since 26th May 2006Thu 22-Aug-13 08:04 PM
84 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#89. "Triangles"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu 22-Aug-13 08:10 PM by gaston

Vancouver Island, CA

Muir creek beach, Vancouver Island

D300, 10.5mm, f/9. A 5-shot HDR converted using Photomatix and Silver Efex Pro.

MongoG Gold Member Nikonian since 02nd Jan 2009Sat 24-Aug-13 10:17 PM
178 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#90. "RE: August Contest: B&W Landscapes"
In response to Reply # 0

Waunakee, US

Serenity
D800, 16-36mm lens @ 18mm, ISO 500, f/16, 1/6, WB=Cloudy, Nik Silver Efex Pro 2
Trying to capture a lot of the dappled sunlight filtering through the trees in the morning

Its always important to remember that no matter where you're at, there you are.

MongoG Gold Member Nikonian since 02nd Jan 2009Sat 24-Aug-13 10:20 PM
178 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#91. "RE: August Contest: B&W Landscapes"
In response to Reply # 0

Waunakee, US

Reaching for the Sun
Early morning before someone came along and smashed this mushroom that was right in the middle of the trail.
D800, 16-35mm @ 32mm, f/16, 1/6, ISO 500, WB=Cloudy, Aperture Priority

MongoG Gold Member Nikonian since 02nd Jan 2009Sat 24-Aug-13 10:22 PM
#92. "RE: August Contest: B&W Landscapes"
In response to Reply # 0

Waunakee, US

Spiritual Kauai
D300, 10-24mm @ 44mm, f/7.1, 1/2000, ISO 200, WB=Cloudy, Aperture.

MongoG Gold Member Nikonian since 02nd Jan 2009Sat 24-Aug-13 10:24 PM
#93. "RE: August Contest: B&W Landscapes"
In response to Reply # 0

Waunakee, US

Surf's Up
D300, 10-24mm@22mm, ISO 200, Aperture, f/14, 1/400

MongoG Gold Member Nikonian since 02nd Jan 2009Sat 24-Aug-13 10:26 PM
#94. "RE: August Contest: B&W Landscapes"
In response to Reply # 0

Waunakee, US

Post Card from Maui
Was trying for the old post card effect - shot on the road to Hana
D300, 18-200mm,@34mm, ISO 320, f/4.2, 1/800

Melman59 Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Nov 2009Sat 24-Aug-13 10:27 PM
255 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#95. "RE: some trees "
In response to Reply # 46

Monroe, US

Beautiful. Love it! Very dream like.
Tom

Skattelite Silver Member Nikonian since 17th May 2006Sat 24-Aug-13 11:51 PM
1227 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#96. "Wyadup Rocks"
In response to Reply # 0

Perth, AU

This one was shot pre-dawn in a bright, setting full moon at Wyadup Rocks, South Western Australia.
D3x, 17-35mm Nikkor, f/13, 15 sec, 250 iso, Lightroom 4.
Scott

My Nikonians Gallery

Skattelite Silver Member Nikonian since 17th May 2006Sat 24-Aug-13 11:59 PM
1227 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#97. "Cape Clairault"
In response to Reply # 0

Perth, AU

Pre Dawn in a Full moon at Cape Clairault, Australia.
D3x, 17-35mm Nikkor, f/5.6, 0.8sec, 500 iso, Lightroom 4
Scott

My Nikonians Gallery

AartPapaya Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Oct 2011Sun 25-Aug-13 07:54 PM
2605 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#98. "RE: some trees "
In response to Reply # 46

Hectorspruit, ZA

Wow

Aart

AartPapaya Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Oct 2011Sun 25-Aug-13 07:58 PM
2605 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#99. "RE: Sunken Dreams"
In response to Reply # 81

Hectorspruit, ZA

Welcome and well done. I like this shot

Aart

MongoG Gold Member Nikonian since 02nd Jan 2009Sun 25-Aug-13 11:31 PM
#100. "RE: Misty Forest"
In response to Reply # 53

Waunakee, US

Bob,
Really enjoyed your posts 53 & 54 - very nice captures. 53 just says primeval to me.
Gary

AartPapaya Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Oct 2011Mon 26-Aug-13 07:05 PM
#101. "RE: On the way to Kodaikanal -Tamil Nadu India"
In response to Reply # 11

Hectorspruit, ZA

I think it was magic to be there.

Aart

AartPapaya Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Oct 2011Mon 26-Aug-13 07:11 PM
#102. "RE: swan lake"
In response to Reply # 49

Hectorspruit, ZA

To me this is a classic. Thank you for showing.

Aart

dhingle1 Gold Member Nikonian since 10th Jun 2013Tue 27-Aug-13 12:10 AM
#103. "RE: Sunken Dreams"
In response to Reply # 99

Houma, US

Thank you Aart!

Don

Aqualad Basic MemberTue 27-Aug-13 01:10 AM
28 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#104. "Oregon coast in fog"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue 27-Aug-13 01:10 AM by Aqualad

Gainesville, US

Nikon D880E || Nikkor 80-400 mm, f4.5-5.6. 99 seconds at f11

Visit my Website.

robwig Gold Member Nikonian since 25th Nov 2007Tue 27-Aug-13 05:32 PM
#105. "RE: Misty Forest"
In response to Reply # 100

Seattle, US

Thank you Gary.

Bob

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007Wed 28-Aug-13 03:50 AM
#106. "RE: August Contest: B&W Landscapes"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Image was take just outside of Gatlinburg Tennessee off Hwy 441 into the smokies.

Camera
Nikon 24-70 @24mm f/10
NIKON D800
Focal Length
24mm
Aperture
f/10
Exposure
1.3s
ISO

Scott Martin Sternberg

Scotts Fine Art

kennoll Gold Member Nikonian since 07th Feb 2011Wed 28-Aug-13 05:06 AM
821 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#107. "RE: August Contest: B&W Landscapes"
In response to Reply # 106
Wed 28-Aug-13 05:10 AM by kennoll

Seattle, US

Admin, please remove this post.

jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Nikonian since 21st Mar 2009Wed 28-Aug-13 01:14 PM
#108. "RE: August Contest: B&W Landscapes - Rio Grande Gorge"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed 28-Aug-13 01:34 PM by jdroach

Milwaukee, US

Taken near Taos New Mexico and the Rio Grande Gorge Bridge with D700, 28-300mm at 28mm Nikkor, f/25, 1/160s, -1.3 EV, Lightroom and Nik Silver Efex.

Visit my Nikonians Blog

My Flickr Photostream

jdroachphotography.com

jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Nikonian since 21st Mar 2009Wed 28-Aug-13 01:19 PM
#109. "RE: August Contest: B&W Landscapes - Moondog Night at Wiseman"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed 28-Aug-13 01:27 PM by jdroach

Milwaukee, US

In Village of Wiseman, Alaska, population 14 located about 80 miles north of the Arctic Circle at Midnight waiting for Northern Lights this past March. Taken D600, 20mm f2.8 Nikkor, ISO 1250, 8 sec, f/2.8, Lightroom 5 and Nik Silver Efex

Visit my Nikonians Blog

My Flickr Photostream

jdroachphotography.com

jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Nikonian since 21st Mar 2009Wed 28-Aug-13 01:26 PM
#110. "RE: August Contest: B&W Landscapes - Arctic Passage at Atigun Pass"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed 28-Aug-13 01:40 PM by jdroach

Milwaukee, US

The pass through the Brooks Range on the Dalton Highway about 120 miles north of the Arctic Circle this past March. One lone trucker making the climb to the top of the North Slopes. Taken with D600, 28-300mm at 62mm Nikkor, ISO 800, f/32, 1/400s, Lightroom 5 and Nik Silver Efex.

Visit my Nikonians Blog

My Flickr Photostream

jdroachphotography.com

jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Nikonian since 21st Mar 2009Wed 28-Aug-13 01:33 PM
#111. "RE: August Contest: B&W Landscapes - Dave's Lower Falls"
In response to Reply # 0

Milwaukee, US

Northwoods, Wisconsin water fall. Taken with D7000, 18-300mm at 27mm, Shutter Priority, ISO 200, f/7.1 and 1/125s, processed in Lightroom 5 and Topaz B&W.

Visit my Nikonians Blog

My Flickr Photostream

jdroachphotography.com

spiritualized67 Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Mar 2007Thu 29-Aug-13 12:32 AM
3178 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#112. "Jennette's Pier B&W"
In response to Reply # 0

Western PA, US

Taken two weeks ago in Outer Banks, NC.

~Dan
www.danielstainer.com

spiritualized67 Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Mar 2007Thu 29-Aug-13 12:57 AM
3178 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#113. "OBX Ocean Vista at Dusk"
In response to Reply # 0

Western PA, US

One more from my recent beach trip taken using a monopod at ISO 3200 (D4).

~Dan
www.danielstainer.com

umdaman1 Gold Member Awarded for his outstanding contributions in our Critique forum. His positive and helpful critiques give members a better understanding of the process of making great photographs. Nikonian since 11th Mar 2011Thu 29-Aug-13 01:58 AM
1956 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#114. "Mountainside Extraction"
In response to Reply # 0

Lexington, US

D5000, af-s 70-300@ 95mm, f/8, 1/60s, ISO 200

umdaman1 Gold Member Awarded for his outstanding contributions in our Critique forum. His positive and helpful critiques give members a better understanding of the process of making great photographs. Nikonian since 11th Mar 2011Thu 29-Aug-13 01:59 AM
1956 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#115. "Old Tree"
In response to Reply # 0

Lexington, US

D5000, 19mm, f/20, 1/10s

umdaman1 Gold Member Awarded for his outstanding contributions in our Critique forum. His positive and helpful critiques give members a better understanding of the process of making great photographs. Nikonian since 11th Mar 2011Thu 29-Aug-13 02:02 AM
#116. "Horseshoe Bend"
In response to Reply # 0

Lexington, US

D5000, Sigma 10-20@ 11.5mm, f/10, 1/40s

umdaman1 Gold Member Awarded for his outstanding contributions in our Critique forum. His positive and helpful critiques give members a better understanding of the process of making great photographs. Nikonian since 11th Mar 2011Thu 29-Aug-13 02:04 AM
#117. "Morning After the Storm"
In response to Reply # 0

Lexington, US

D5000, Sigma 10-20@ 20mm, f/11, 1/50s

umdaman1 Gold Member Awarded for his outstanding contributions in our Critique forum. His positive and helpful critiques give members a better understanding of the process of making great photographs. Nikonian since 11th Mar 2011Thu 29-Aug-13 02:05 AM
#118. "Skylark Farm"
In response to Reply # 0

Lexington, US

D7000, af-s 17-55@ 30mm, f/22, 1/15s, ISO 200

umdaman1 Gold Member Awarded for his outstanding contributions in our Critique forum. His positive and helpful critiques give members a better understanding of the process of making great photographs. Nikonian since 11th Mar 2011Thu 29-Aug-13 02:07 AM
#119. "Road and Sky"
In response to Reply # 0

Lexington, US

D7000, Sigma 17-70@ 50mm, f/13, 1/100S

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007Thu 29-Aug-13 11:07 AM
#120. "RE: August Contest: B&W Landscapes"
In response to Reply # 75

US

Thanks Dave.

kennoll Gold Member Nikonian since 07th Feb 2011Thu 29-Aug-13 08:40 PM
#121. "RE: August Contest: B&W Landscapes - North Cascades, WA"
In response to Reply # 0

Seattle, US

D300s, Tamron 200-400 f/5.6-LD, 270mm, f/11, 1/400s, ISO 500

Ken
Seattle, WA
My Gallery

Pouncer Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009Sat 31-Aug-13 02:02 PM
1125 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#122. "RE: Badlands"
In response to Reply # 0

Memphis, US

D300
17-35 f/2.8 at 35mm
f/6.3
ISO 800
1/1600

Garrett

This is my Nikonians gallery.

Pouncer Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009Sat 31-Aug-13 02:02 PM
1125 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#123. "RE: Badlands"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat 31-Aug-13 02:07 PM by Pouncer

Memphis, US

Not sure how this got posted twice ...

D300
17-35 f/2.8 at 35mm
f/6.3
ISO 800
1/1600

Garrett

Pouncer Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009Sat 31-Aug-13 02:05 PM
#124. "RE: Devil's Tower"
In response to Reply # 0

Memphis, US

D300
80-200 f/2.8 at 175mm
f/6.3
ISO 640
+0.7 EV
1/1000

Garrett

scottashley Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd Apr 2002Sun 01-Sep-13 04:03 AM
468 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#125. "RE: August Contest: B&W Landscapes"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun 01-Sep-13 04:19 AM by scottashley

Arvada, US

These hoarfrost-covered spruce trees stood out against a deep blue sky, which I darkened further in PhotoShop.

D200, 70-300, ISO 200, F/13@1/350

Scott

www.ScottAshleyPhotography.com

scottashley Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd Apr 2002Sun 01-Sep-13 04:07 AM
468 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#126. "Flanks of Mt. McKinley"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun 01-Sep-13 04:21 AM by scottashley

Arvada, US

This is one of the massive ice cliffs on the flanks of Mt. McKinley, tallest mountain in North America.

D70, 15-30 Sigma, ISO 200, F/13@1/750

Scott

scottashley Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd Apr 2002Sun 01-Sep-13 04:09 AM
#127. "Clearing storm, Tetons"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun 01-Sep-13 04:20 AM by scottashley

Arvada, US

D200, 80-400, ISO 200, F/19@1/200

Scott

scottashley Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd Apr 2002Sun 01-Sep-13 04:12 AM
#128. "sunbeams in redwoods"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun 01-Sep-13 04:20 AM by scottashley

Arvada, US

D300, 18-300, ISO 200, F/16@1/15, tripod

Scott

scottashley Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd Apr 2002Sun 01-Sep-13 04:14 AM
#129. "trees and clouds panorama"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun 01-Sep-13 04:19 AM by scottashley

Arvada, US

These hoarfrost-covered spruce trees stood out against a deep blue sky, which I darkened further in PhotoShop.

D300, 18-300, ISO 200, F/11@1/350, tripod

Scott

scottashley Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd Apr 2002Sun 01-Sep-13 04:18 AM
#130. "No, it's not infrared..."
In response to Reply # 0

Arvada, US

...although the heavy hoarfrost covering these pines and a dusting of snow on the ground turned this scene into a surreal, infrared lookalike.

D300, 18-200, ISO 200, F/11@1/350

Scott

scottashley Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd Apr 2002Sun 01-Sep-13 04:29 AM
#131. "Sunrise moonrise"
In response to Reply # 0

Arvada, US

As the sun was rising it illuminated these spruce trees covered with fresh snow as it also illuminated the moon in the background.

D200, 80-200, ISO 200, F/6.7@1/60

Scott

nkcllewis Silver Member Charter MemberTue 03-Sep-13 09:21 PM
4873 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#132. "RE: Okefenokee Sunset"
In response to Reply # 7

Washington, US

Eric, what an excellent and pleasing composition.

Kent in VA

"A poor worker always blames his tools" Anonymous

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #75437 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.