nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Discovery Channel: North America Series

esantos

McAllen, US
12412 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
esantos Moderator Nikonians Resources Writer. Recognized for his outstanding reviews on printers and printing articles. Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas, including Landscape Photography Awarded for his extraordinary accomplishments in Landscape Photography. His work has been exhibited at the Smithsonian. Nikonian since 10th Nov 2002
Tue 21-May-13 04:05 PM | edited Tue 21-May-13 04:08 PM by esantos

Anybody catch the North America series on the Discovery Channel which started last Sunday? This is the first of the Discovery nature documentary series that was not made in collaboration with the BBC. Nevertheless, from the looks of the first two episodes one would never know the difference - excellent throughout. I did catch one error on Sunday though. The narrator (Tom Selleck) stated, as the camera panned over Monument Valley from the air, that the spires are remnants of volcanic plugs. Last time I checked the formations at Monument Valley are made from sandstone (Cutler Red siltstone, more precisely) and not basalt. Anyway, the photography is top notch and the scenes with wildlife are dramatic as is expected from these great series. Check it out next Sunday.

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/north-america

Ernesto Santos
esartprints.com Ernesto Santos Photography
Get my new e-Book "Churches of Texas"

Rassie

Milton, CA
3111 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

#1. "RE: Discovery Channel: North America Series" | In response to Reply # 0

Rassie Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Jan 2006
Tue 21-May-13 06:30 PM

I watched it last Sunday, and I was very impressed. I plant to watch all future broadcasts too.

Regards

My Nikonians gallery

G