Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #31762
View in threaded mode

Subject: "July Challenge: W I D E Angle" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
This message is locked.
Valentino Gold Member Awarded for high level skills in landscape and wildlife photography Nikonian since 04th Dec 2004Thu 31-Jul-08 01:17 PM
11613 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"July Challenge: W I D E Angle"
Mon 30-Jun-08 11:45 PM by Valentino

US

This months challenge is a tribute to the super-W I D E focal lenghts. Posted images must be captured with a focal length on a DX body at 18mm or less, and FX or film body at 27mm or less.

Many photographers have a lens in their kit that goes to 18mm and often wonder what they can expect if they invested in a super-wide zoom like a 10-20, 11-16, 12-24, 14-24... Well the FOV (Field Of View) changes more dramatically with each mm at the wide end than at the long end. 10mm on DX has a diagonal FOV of 109 degrees, 12mm is 99 degrees, 18mm is 76 degrees and 24mm is only 60 degrees. This challenge will demonstrate these differences --- a picture is worth 1,000 words

The very wide end allows us to capture dramatic foregrounds, create powerful converging leading lines, wonderful cloud structure, and create great depth through perspective. One of the goals of this challenge is to create NAS for any landscape photographer that has not yet invested in one of these babies.

Rules:
--All images must be captured with FL of 18mm or less on DX and 27mm or less on FX/Film
--Post up to 7 images but only one image/post
--All images must conform to these guidelines
--Include location and shooting info so we can learn from each other especially the focal length
--Previously posted images are welcome
--When posting please do so by hitting the ‘reply’ link below this top post, not the reply link to another post.
--Include a title in the subject line
--Anyone can post but only paid member can be nominated
--Capture must be shot with a Nikon camera and any lens
--Comments are welcome but NO public critiquing, i.e., how to make it better. This is a contest so PM's are a better way to offer feedback
--WARNING posts that do not meet the spirit of the challenge will be periodically removed by the moderators

NOTE: Maximum posting limits are 900 pixels and 150kb

The top images will be selected by the previous months winner and be included in a poll for members to vote for the winning photo. The winning image with be added to the Monthly Challenge Winners Gallery

Good Luck!!!

Albert J Valentino
Nikonian Moderator Emeritus

Vantage Point Images
Mastery of Composition is the Key to Great Photography

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic
cchoc Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, most notably in Landscape Photography Charter MemberMon 30-Jun-08 11:39 PM
4542 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#1. "Courthouse Towers"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed 02-Jul-08 12:59 PM by cchoc

Marietta, US

Arches National Park

D200
Sigma 10-20mm @ 10mm
ISO 100 1/25 sec, f/8

Charlie...
www.chocphoto.com

Attachment #1, ( file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)

robm Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2007Tue 01-Jul-08 03:51 AM
571 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "Mesa Arch"
In response to Reply # 0

Colorado Sprinngs, US

Well sticking with the Moab theme, here is Mesa Arch in Canyonlands National Park.

Lens: 14mm from a Nikkor 14-24
Camera: D3
ISO: 200
Exposure: 1/50th second
Aperture: F22

Rob
Colorado Springs, Colorado
My Gallery

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Shakenbake Registered since 22nd Nov 2007Tue 01-Jul-08 04:22 AM
1068 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "Ceago del Lago"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue 01-Jul-08 01:13 PM by Shakenbake

Brevard, US

D300
18-200 VR
18mm
F/8, 1/250s, ISO 200
Nice, California
haze in background is from the California wildfires, shot taken recently.

A Bike can save your life!
www.pixeljuicephotos.com

My Nikonians gallery

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

cchoc Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, most notably in Landscape Photography Charter MemberTue 01-Jul-08 10:37 AM
4542 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#4. "Another Mesa Arch shot"
In response to Reply # 0

Marietta, US

Island in the Sky District, Canyonlands National Park

D200
Sigma 10-20mm @ 10mm
ISO 100 1/2 sec @ f/16

Charlie...
www.chocphoto.com

flipsix3 Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Feb 2007Tue 01-Jul-08 07:25 PM
480 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "Bassenthwaite Lake"
In response to Reply # 0

Leicester, GB

Nice idea, lots of variety expected.

I'll start 'narrow' with the intention of adding wider later. This is the third interpretation of my favourite shot from my first 'proper' attempt at landscape work - Bassenthwaite Lake in the English Lake District.

Originally shot Feb '07, when I had just my 'kit' lens and a cheap tele-zoom, but reworked quite recently after picking up some great pointers on the use of curves etc.

If you click the small image below you'll see the larger gallery version (1000px 116kb), in the same gallery you'll also find the original presentation of the shot, and one interim interpretation.

Anyway, enough babbling.

D70S
18-70mm 'kit lens' @ 18mm
ISO 200
1/250 @ f/5.6*
Tripod

*As I said, this was early in my landscape shooting (indeed, early in my SLR shooting), and I have no idea why I was in S-priority - leading to the short exposure/wide aperture combo. Somehow it worked out though.

============================

My Nikonians Gallery. Alternative view of recent additions etc.

Dave and his D7000 - "Jus' killin' time... but it won't die"

Web Presence

A UK (Leicestershire) Nikonian

esym Registered since 21st Jan 2006Wed 02-Jul-08 01:10 PM
716 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "Treasury at Petra (Jordan)"
In response to Reply # 0

US

D200, ISO 200, 1/250, f/8, Sigma 10-20mm at 10mm

Bill Symmes
Nikonian in Vermont  |  My Nikonians Gallery  |  fotoex.com

Valentino Gold Member Awarded for high level skills in landscape and wildlife photography Nikonian since 04th Dec 2004Wed 02-Jul-08 04:11 PM
11613 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "Dusk at Hyatt Lane -Great Smoky Mountains"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu 03-Jul-08 01:47 AM by Valentino

US

Dusk at Hyatt Lane, in Cades Cove in the Great Smoky Mountains.

D300 w/tripod
Nikon 17-55 @ 17mm
f/8, 1/10, ISO 200

-Comment 1: Some detail is lost from strong compression to meet the posting rules but I did not want to resize smaller than 800 pixels

-Comment 2: I was aware when I shot this that I was being lazy by not using my 12-24 lens to get a little more convergence of the lines.

Albert J Valentino

Vantage Point Images

DeanAZ Moderator Expert nature photographer Nikonian since 28th Apr 2007Thu 03-Jul-08 01:48 AM
3707 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "Contrails"
In response to Reply # 0

Phoenix, US

Here is my W I D E attempt with my lowly kit lens. My birthday has past and Christmas is still a long way off. Thanks for the NAS infection Albert
I thought I should crop a bit off the bottom to make for a wider aspect ratio to help with the wide perception.

(No aircraft were harmed in the making of this image)

D40 F/14 1/800s -0.3EV
Nikon 18-55 @18mm ISO 200

Dean
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Nikonians Team Member

Recent Trips: Grand Canyon 2012 Glen Canyon 2012 West Clear Creek

bheiser Registered since 15th Aug 2004Thu 03-Jul-08 03:11 AM
188 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "Lassen Volcanic National Park, Ridge Lakes"
In response to Reply # 0

San Francisco, US

This is from the Ridge Lakes area in Lassen Volcanic National Park in early May this year.

D300, 17-55 @ 17mm
f/8 @ 1/1000, -.67 exposure bias
ISO "100"

nosingchum Silver Member Nikonian since 31st Oct 2005Thu 03-Jul-08 02:49 PM
405 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "Lupines at sunset"
In response to Reply # 0

Richmond, CA

Camera: Nikon D300
Lens: 12-24 DX @ 12mm f/8
Exposure: 1/50s @ ISO 200
Filter: 3-stop rev grad

A Richmond, B.C. Nikonian
- FM2n, F100, D300, D800

sgbrown Registered since 04th May 2008Thu 03-Jul-08 05:42 PM
348 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "Grand Canyon du Verdon"
In response to Reply # 0

London, GB

This is a bend in the river at a spot called Les Balcons de la Mescla. The gorge is the deepest in France.

Nikon D300, 10.5mm fish-eye, f7, 1/800th, ISO 200, hand-held

www.stephenbrownphotography.co.uk

Poor technique is not the same thing as creativity

robm Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2007Thu 03-Jul-08 07:19 PM
571 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: Treasury at Petra (Jordan)"
In response to Reply # 6

Colorado Sprinngs, US

Isn't this from Raiders of the lost ark? Very cool place!

Rob

Rob
My Gallery

robm Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2007Thu 03-Jul-08 07:21 PM
#13. "RE: Courthouse Towers"
In response to Reply # 1
Thu 03-Jul-08 07:46 PM by robm

Colorado Sprinngs, US

Is this a single exposure, or HDR? If it HDR, how many exposures and what software did you use? Nice image.

Rob

Rob
My Gallery

cchoc Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, most notably in Landscape Photography Charter MemberThu 03-Jul-08 09:12 PM
#14. "RE: Courthouse Towers"
In response to Reply # 13
Thu 03-Jul-08 09:20 PM by cchoc

Marietta, US

Thanks Rob. It's a single exposure. I used a little fill light in ACR to bring out some detail from the shadows.

Charlie...
www.chocphoto.com

cchoc Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, most notably in Landscape Photography Charter MemberThu 03-Jul-08 09:19 PM
#15. "Goosnecks State Park"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu 03-Jul-08 11:20 PM by cchoc

Marietta, US

Wide made wider. 5 miles of San Juan River in 1 linear mile.

3 shot hand held panorama stitched with PTGui.

D200
Sigma 10-20mm @ 10mm
ISO 100 1/125 sec @ f/8

Charlie...
www.chocphoto.com

centurion493 Gold Member Nikonian since 29th Nov 2007Thu 03-Jul-08 11:16 PM
7 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#16. "RE: July Challenge: W I D E Angle"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri 04-Jul-08 01:06 AM by Valentino

santa ana, US

Hello, Ok first time entering the monthly challange. Hope you guys like it.

Horseshoe Bend, Page Az
D3
F 2.8
ISO 200
14mm
A priority

Bill

Jose Andres Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Mar 2003Fri 04-Jul-08 04:17 AM
822 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#19. "RE: July Challenge: W I D E Angle"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri 04-Jul-08 04:19 AM by Jose Andres

Buenos Aires, AR

1 and 2: Infrared Panorama of the "Enchanted House", Tucuman, ARgentina.

Mosaic pano of 3 rows of 13 shots each, total 39 shots.
Nikon D70 IR converted. Kit lens,18 mm.
Stitched in Autopano. Rotated in RRS pano head, tripod.
EV: 1/60 x f8, iso 400.

3. Panorama of Pia and Garibaldi Glaciers from the crusiers' deck. Patagonia, Chile

this pano was shot in 2 different locations: at the left and right of the deck, so that to keep the horizon (and glaciers aligned) and distorting the decks shape, deliberatedly.
One row pano, 10 vertical shots, D70, kit lens, 18 mm. Singh-Ray 3 stops nd filter.

Jose, nikonian
from Santiago del Estero, Argentina
http://joseandresbasbus.zenfolio.com

Attachment #3, (jpg file)

Jose Andres Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Mar 2003Sat 05-Jul-08 02:42 AM
822 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#21. "RE: July Challenge: W I D E Angle"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat 05-Jul-08 02:46 AM by Jose Andres

Buenos Aires, AR

Infrared Black Bridge Panorama, Santiago del Estero, Argentina

this pano is of a old and derelict rail bridge crossing the "Rio Dulce" in my city, Sgo. del Estero, Argentina. It used to be a very important bridge until 1950, when the importance of trains diminished in my country, overpassed by trucks as a means of transportation.
I wanted to bend the rails and create a 3D view of the scene by altering deliberatedly the straight lines.
It is a 180 degree mosaic pano, 2 rows of 10 vertical shots.
Nikon D70 ir converted, kit lens, 18 mm, Singh-Ray 2 stops ND filter, camera mounted on my RRS pano head. Ev. 125 x f8, iso 400.
The sun is also a very important part of the composition. It was a pano taken in summer, where the temperature rises over 45 degrees (in fact, I was sweating a lot, almost melting myself), thus contributing to enhance an image of desolation. In addition, the sun creates a diagonal shadow of the bridge and rails that, in my opinion, add an element to the composition.

Jose, nikonian

Jose Andres Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Mar 2003Sat 05-Jul-08 03:03 AM
#22. "RE: July Challenge: W I D E Angle"
In response to Reply # 0

Buenos Aires, AR

Infrared Panorama, Lago del Desierto, Patagonia Argentina

This is a single row pano, 7 vertical shots taken at 18mm, Nikon D70 ir converted, kit lens, 18 mm. EV: 125 x f8, iso 400. Singh-Ray ND 2 stops,
stitched in Autopano and converted to b&w in CS2.

Jose, nikonian

Marjani Moderator expert in ocean scapes and underwater photography Charter MemberSun 06-Jul-08 02:13 PM
3400 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#23. "Morning Glory"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun 06-Jul-08 02:23 PM by Marjani

Cocos (Keeling) Islands, AU

A typical Cocos sunrise

D200 Tokina 12-24mm @ 12mm
f/11 @ 4.0s
ISO 100

Best Fishes ~ Karen <*((---{

Waving the flag for Nikonians on the Cocos (Keeling) Islands and learning every day.

Karens Cocos Reflections gallery

Marjani Moderator expert in ocean scapes and underwater photography Charter MemberSun 06-Jul-08 02:19 PM
3400 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#24. "Anchored"
In response to Reply # 0

Safe anchorage on Prison Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands. This is Geof's glass bottom boat. The clarity of the water is unbelievable. I was standing waist deep with a reasonable current to take this image.

D70s Sigma 10-20mm @ 10mm
1/200s @ f/16
ISO 200

Waving the flag for Nikonians on the Cocos (Keeling) Islands and learning every day.

Marjani Moderator expert in ocean scapes and underwater photography Charter MemberSun 06-Jul-08 02:31 PM
#25. "Cheyne Bay"
In response to Reply # 0

Just east of Albany Western Australia is the most amazing bay, with azure blue waters and wonderful red rocks.

D70s Tokina 12-24mm @ 12mm
f/11 @ 1/125s
ISO 200

robm Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2007Sun 06-Jul-08 03:13 PM
#26. "RE: July Challenge: W I D E Angle"
In response to Reply # 22

Colorado Sprinngs, US

Jose,

I love your IR Panos. They are fantastic. What does the ND filter help with?

Thanks,
Rob

Rob
My Gallery

siantarman Registered since 17th Jun 2007Sun 06-Jul-08 09:27 PM
35 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#27. "RE: July Challenge: W I D E Angle"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun 06-Jul-08 10:13 PM by siantarman

Derendingen, CH

++ Lake Luzern ++

Nikon D70
Lens : Tokina ATX 12-24/F4
Focal Length : 12mm
Aperture : F/8
Speed : 1/1250s
Exposure : Manual
Metering : Centre W.
ISO : 200

regards,
www.hendrina.com

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Sun 06-Jul-08 09:55 PM
12819 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#28. "Peterhof -View of the Grand Canal"
In response to Reply # 0

San Jose, US

Peterhof covers an area of over 100 hectares and has approximately 30 buildings and pavillions and over 100 sculptures. The Architecture is 18th-19th century and Peterhof was officially opened on August 15, 1723. It was the favorite Residence of Peter the I. This view from the deck of the Grand Palace overlooks the Grand Canal (otherwise known as the Sea or Samson Canal). It was an overcast day with spurts of rain. For some reason the fountains were not turned on when I took this picture and that is too bad as water would have shot out from the front sculptures and and center sculpture in the pool area and every one of those round objects down the sides of the canal would have shot water in the air.

This was shot hand held with a D200 with 12-24 f/4 DX lens at 12mm. f/8, 1/100, ISO 200.

click image for larger gallery image

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Sun 06-Jul-08 09:59 PM
12819 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#29. "Monastery of St. Cyril on the White Lake"
In response to Reply # 0

San Jose, US

A short bus drive from Goritsy is Kirrilov where the Monastery of St. Cyril on the White Lake is located. This monastary was founded in 1397 and by the 17th Century was one of the richest. Acording to Insight Guides, Vasily III the tsar of Russia in the early 1500s came here to pray for a child by his apparently barren wife. The following year she bore him a son who became Ivan the Terrible.

D200 with 12-24 f/4 DX lens at 12 mm hand held. f/5.6, 1/500,ISO 100.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

camera"

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Sun 06-Jul-08 10:05 PM
#30. "Stairway-to-the-Sky--Gordes-023"
In response to Reply # 0

San Jose, US

Gordes is a medieval hill town in France. As I was walking around town, I saw this stairway leading up to the sky.

D200 hand held with 12-24 MM f/4 DX (12 mm Used),ISO 200, f/6.3, 1/500

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

camera"

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Sun 06-Jul-08 10:10 PM
#31. " Monaco"
In response to Reply # 0

San Jose, US

A view of Monaco. shot hand held with D200 and 12-24 f/4 DX at 12mm. ISO 100, f/5.6, 1/500.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

camera"

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Sun 06-Jul-08 10:20 PM
#32. "Two Falls View"
In response to Reply # 0

San Jose, US

This is aview of both the American Falls and the Canadian Horseshoe Falls in Niagara Falls.

Shot hand held with D200 and 12-24 f/4 DX at 12 mm. f/13, 1/60, ISO 125

click image for larger gallery image.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

camera"

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Sun 06-Jul-08 10:29 PM
#33. "Eze"
In response to Reply # 0

San Jose, US

A view of Eze a medieval hill town that is now filled with shops. There is a lovely garden at the very top.

Shot hand held with D200 and 12-24 f/4 DX at 12 mm. f/4, 1/320, ISO 100

click image for larger image

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

camera"

Jose Andres Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Mar 2003Mon 07-Jul-08 08:03 PM
#34. "RE: July Challenge: W I D E Angle"
In response to Reply # 26

Buenos Aires, AR

thanks robm for your opinion. ND means "neutral density" and applies to filters that are made for cutting light on the first half of the filter, leaving the rest of it transparent, with the purpose of matching the dinamic range of the scene. There is plenty of info on the web, just visit: www.singhray.com to start with or do a google search.

Jose, nikonian

DrJay32 Gold Member Awarded for his multiple written contributions for the Resources and eZine Nikonian since 12th Mar 2003Tue 08-Jul-08 02:44 AM
3327 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#35. "Summit Lake, Mt. Evans, Colorado"
In response to Reply # 0

Colorado Springs, US

Taken just after sunrise near the top of Mt. Evans.

Nikon D2Xs
Sigma 10-20mm lens @ 14mm.

-Jason

Jason P. Odell
Colorado Nikonian
Author, The Photographer's Guide to Capture NX2
The authoritative guide to Capture NX 2.0!

www.luminescentphoto.com

Listen to The Image Doctors

rainforestman Registered since 01st Nov 2007Tue 08-Jul-08 12:33 PM
8 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#36. "RE: Summit Lake, Mt. Evans, Colorado"
In response to Reply # 35

Mount Tamborine, AU

Wow - I love the lead in of the boulder at the bottom. What an awesome composition.

bill321 Registered since 04th Aug 2006Tue 08-Jul-08 11:18 PM
96 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#37. "RE: July Challenge: W I D E Angle"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Mesa Arch

D200 Tokina 12-24 @18mm
ISO 100 2sec@f/22

Bill321

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Wed 09-Jul-08 06:06 AM
#38. "RE: July Challenge: W I D E Angle"
In response to Reply # 37

San Jose, US

Simply Beautiful!

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

camera"

f5titan Gold Member Nikonian since 12th Jul 2006Thu 10-Jul-08 01:50 AM
716 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#39. "Our Back Yard"
In response to Reply # 0

HILO, US

Last fall I took a long walk in our back yard woods and looked up to see this.
Nikon D70, Sigma 10-20 f4-5.6 zoom lens at 10mm, 1/125s @ f6.5, ISO400, WB: -3, Color mode IIIa, Saturation: Moderate, Sharpness: Medium High.

"Great things are not done by impulse but by a series of small things brought together." Vincent Van Gogh

f5titan Gold Member Nikonian since 12th Jul 2006Thu 10-Jul-08 02:13 AM
#40. "An Urban Landscape: Center City Park"
In response to Reply # 0

HILO, US

This is a scene in downtown Greensboro, North Carolina.
Nikon D70, Sigma 10-20 f4-5.6 @ f11.5, 1/500s, ISO400,
color mode: IIIa, tone compensation: high contrast, saturation: enhanced, sharpening: high, WB: cloudy +3

"Great things are not done by impulse but by a series of small things brought together." Vincent Van Gogh

AUMike Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Feb 2008Thu 10-Jul-08 02:56 AM
1152 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#41. "RE: July Challenge: W I D E Angle"
In response to Reply # 0

Birmingham, US

These are some of the most impressive images I have ever seen! What a challenge. I hope I take some shots worthy of posting.

Mike

eddds Gold Member Nikonian since 27th Jan 2006Thu 10-Jul-08 11:37 AM
462 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#42. "King's eye"
In response to Reply # 0

Byblos, LB

This natural old bay in Byblos is called King's eye, it used to be a port at the Pheonicians time.

D200
Sigma 10-20mm @ 10mm
ISO 100 1/10 sec, f/5

Edgard

eddds Gold Member Nikonian since 27th Jan 2006Thu 10-Jul-08 01:54 PM
462 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#43. "village scape - Maaloola1"
In response to Reply # 0

Byblos, LB

This is a very old village called Maaloola, where at least the third of the population still speak the ARAMIAN language.

Nikon F100 AFD20-35 @20mm Velvia 50.
Slide copy using D300, 105 F2.8D and SB800

This is house from this village.

Nikon F100 AFD20-35 @20mm Velvia 50.
Slide copy using D300, 105 F2.8D and SB800

Regards

Edgard

bradorr Registered since 28th Feb 2006Thu 10-Jul-08 02:42 PM
78 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#44. "RE: July Challenge: W I D E Angle"
In response to Reply # 0

Ann Arbor, US

Lighthouse in Lake Michigan
D300
Tokina 12-24 @12
ISO 400
f4
1/640 sec

Brad

Buying a Nikon doesn't make you a photographer. It makes you a Nikon owner. ~Author Unknown

cchoc Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, most notably in Landscape Photography Charter MemberFri 11-Jul-08 06:05 PM
#45. "Badlands sunrise"
In response to Reply # 0

Marietta, US

3 shot HDR

D200
17-35mm @ 17mm
Singh Ray LB color combo

Charlie...
www.chocphoto.com

bradorr Registered since 28th Feb 2006Fri 11-Jul-08 06:24 PM
78 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#46. "RE: July Challenge: W I D E Angle"
In response to Reply # 0

Ann Arbor, US

The Mackinaw Bridge as we raced a storm to shore.

D3
Nikkor 10.5
ISO 400
1/2500 sec

horizon placed in middle of original image to minimize fisheye distortions. No defishing of image.

Brad

Buying a Nikon doesn't make you a photographer. It makes you a Nikon owner. ~Author Unknown

bradorr Registered since 28th Feb 2006Fri 11-Jul-08 06:31 PM
#47. "RE: July Challenge: W I D E Angle"
In response to Reply # 0

Ann Arbor, US

Sunset

D300
Tokina 12-24 @12
f5 @ 1/320 sec
ISO 200

Brad

Cleo Registered since 22nd Feb 2008Sat 12-Jul-08 06:08 AM
27 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#48. "RE: July Challenge: W I D E Angle"
In response to Reply # 0

US

These are some of the most brilliant photographs I've ever seen!

Well done, everyone!

- cleo

Photophil Awarded for his valuable contributions to the Resources, most notably in Wildlife Photography Basic MemberSat 12-Jul-08 01:42 PM
9987 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#49. "Menez Ham"
In response to Reply # 0

Gent, BE

Old customs house wedged between the rocks at Menez Ham, Brittany, France

Click on picture for a larger view.
Nikon D2X
Sigma 12-20 at 12mm

Cheers,
Philippe

WILDEYES / ARTERRA
Before You Attempt To Beat The Odds. Be Sure You Could Survive The Odds Beating You.

billybean Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Jun 2008Sat 12-Jul-08 10:20 PM
17 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#50. "RE: July Challenge: W I D E Angle"
In response to Reply # 0

GB

St Huberts Church Hampshire UK

Nikon D300 1/60 sec at f/22 ISO 200 18mm

MotoMannequin Moderator Awarded for his extraordinary skills in landscape and wildlife photography Nikonian since 11th Jan 2006Sun 13-Jul-08 04:31 PM
8582 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#51. "Racetrack"
In response to Reply # 0

Livermore, CA, US

Death Valley

D50 Sigma 10-20 @ 14mm f/18 ISO 200 3 exposures combined using layer masks 1/160", 1/320", 1/640"

Larry - a Bay Area Nikonian
My Nikonians gallery

www.tempered-light.com

MotoMannequin Moderator Awarded for his extraordinary skills in landscape and wildlife photography Nikonian since 11th Jan 2006Sun 13-Jul-08 04:38 PM
8582 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#52. "Coyote Buttes"
In response to Reply # 0

Livermore, CA, US

D50 Sigma 10-20 @ 12mm f/11 ISO 100 1/320"

My Nikonians gallery

www.tempered-light.com

AUMike Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Feb 2008Sun 13-Jul-08 09:44 PM
1152 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#53. "Dock On The Bay"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun 13-Jul-08 09:56 PM by AUMike

Birmingham, US

While on vacation last week (in Florida), I took this wide angle shot from my brother's dock, overlooking the barrier island that helps protect his property. Taken at 7:45 p.m. I left my Sigma 10-20 at home, so I used my Nikkor 18-200.

D200, 18-200 at 18, ISO 100, f/11, 1/6s, tripod and curves.

flipsix3 Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Feb 2007Mon 14-Jul-08 08:03 PM
480 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#54. "Dunstanburgh Castle I"
In response to Reply # 0

Leicester, GB

Dunstanburgh Castle on the Northumberland coast, shot from the less familiar rear approach.

Set up after sundown.

D200
Sigma 10-20mm @ 10mm
ISO 100
8sec @ f/16
Tripod/remote release

*click for 1000px 138kb gallery version*

Web Presence

flipsix3 Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Feb 2007Mon 14-Jul-08 08:04 PM
#55. "Dunstanburgh Castle II"
In response to Reply # 0

Leicester, GB

Dunstanburgh Castle on the Northumberland coast, shot from the less familiar rear approach.

Set up after sundown.

D200
Sigma 10-20mm @ 10mm
ISO 100
8sec @ f/16
Tripod/remote release

*click for 1000px 115kb gallery version*

Web Presence

joeycerone Registered since 05th Feb 2007Tue 15-Jul-08 02:06 AM
41 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#56. "RE: July Challenge: W I D E Angle"
In response to Reply # 0

US

D300
Sigma 10-20

Tripod Mounted
30" @ F22 ISO 100

http://www.jcerone.com/misc/atljoey.jpg

--
Nikon D300
Nikon D50
http://www.jcerone.com

nosingchum Silver Member Nikonian since 31st Oct 2005Wed 16-Jul-08 12:39 AM
405 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#57. "VLA at sunset"
In response to Reply # 0

Richmond, CA

Location: Very Large Array radio telescope (near Socorro, NM)
Camera: Nikon F100
Lens: 24-85 AF-S @ 24mm
Exposure: N/A
Film: Fuji Velvia 100

- FM2n, F100, D300, D800

nosingchum Silver Member Nikonian since 31st Oct 2005Wed 16-Jul-08 12:42 AM
#58. "Antelope Canyon"
In response to Reply # 0

Richmond, CA

Camera: Nikon FE
Lens: 20mm f2.8 Nikkor @ f11
Exposure: ~10 seconds
Film: Fuji Velvia 50

- FM2n, F100, D300, D800

Jose Andres Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Mar 2003Wed 16-Jul-08 03:09 AM
#59. "RE: July Challenge: W I D E Angle"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed 16-Jul-08 03:15 AM by Jose Andres

Buenos Aires, AR

German Bridge IR Wideangle Panorama

This 1927 German Bridge is located in my city, Santiago del Estero, northern Argentina. The attempt was to make a wideangle panorama in which the shape of the bridge and the rails were altered, thus creating an artistic (and different) view of a current lanscape mark of my city.
I knew, by previous panoramas, that positioning the tripod would be mandatory to distort the shapes. Having known that and after checking for a long while the different approachs by looking through the viewfinder, I made up my mind to locate my setup very close to the left leg of the bridge, and very low to the ground, so that to capture the upper part of the bridge with the camera pointing at 45º.
The composition did the job: the front legs of the bridge come out unsimetric between each other, the rails make a turn to the bottom left corner of the photo, thus enhancing a dinamic composition where the eyes travels throughout the picture thanks to the its colocation and the shape of the bridge as well. In addition, carefull composition implied putting the rails to the left third and the paved route to the others 2 thirds left.
Last but not least, and infrared approach did the rest: I took advantage of the (very hot) summer light present to get the maximun infrared effect. I did not want that the sun introduces strong shadows, so I waited until noon to take this pano, so that no shadows distract the good shape of the composition. Another added bonus of the infrared approach is to look at the sky: puffy clouds add a strong contrast to a very dark (clear) sky. Last but not least: a background car at the end of the bridge contributes to add scale to the scene.

Tech data: Nikon D70 ir converted, kit lens, at 18 mm.
Mosaic pano of 3 rows of 13 vertical shots each row, rotated in my RRS ultimate pano head, tripod mounted. Circular polarizer was used to darken the sky, remove glare and to lighten the clouds. EV: BKT between 1/60 to 1/180x f8, iso 400.

Jose, nikonian

Marjani Moderator expert in ocean scapes and underwater photography Charter MemberWed 16-Jul-08 03:25 PM
#60. "Purple Haze"
In response to Reply # 0

Taken at Yacht Club Beach, Cocos (Keeling) Islands

D200 12-24mm @ 12mm
0.5s at F/11
ISO 100

Marjani Moderator expert in ocean scapes and underwater photography Charter MemberWed 16-Jul-08 03:28 PM
#61. "WIDE ANGLE: Northpoint Foreshore"
In response to Reply # 0

Northpoint, the tip of West Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands

D200 12-24 @ 12mm
1/100s @ f/11
ISO 100

Marjani Moderator expert in ocean scapes and underwater photography Charter MemberWed 16-Jul-08 03:32 PM
#62. "W I D E Angle: Pastel Hues of Sunrise"
In response to Reply # 0

Sunrise from Kite Beach, Cocos (Keeling) Islands. I experimented with a velvia action and this was the result.

D70s 10-20mm @ 10mm
1/13s @ f/16
ISO 200

Mark Wells Gold Member Nikonian since 23rd Oct 2004Wed 16-Jul-08 06:42 PM
1668 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#63. "RE: July Challenge: W I D E Angle"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed 16-Jul-08 06:45 PM by Mark Wells

Adelaide, AU

Mary Pool

D3, F5.6, 12-24mm @ 17mm, ISO 2500.
Cheers, Mark

Mark Wells

bill321 Registered since 04th Aug 2006Wed 16-Jul-08 11:00 PM
96 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#64. "Sunset at Cottonwood Pass near Buena Vista Colorado"
In response to Reply # 0

US

D200 with a 12-24 Tokina @ 12mm

Bill321

Kali4 Registered since 22nd Mar 2008Thu 17-Jul-08 02:53 AM
83 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#65. "Brandywine Falls Cuyahoga National Park"
In response to Reply # 0

North Aurora, US

D80
Sigma 18-200@18 mm
F22@ 1/6s
Tripod Mounted, Tiffin CP filter

russg Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Nov 2007Thu 17-Jul-08 11:27 PM
1287 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#66. "Burney Falls, California"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu 17-Jul-08 11:30 PM by russg

Phoenix, US

D200
Nikon 18-200 @ 18mm
f22
ISO 100
3 exposures bracketed 1 stop apart, merged to HDR in Photomatix Pro

russg Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Nov 2007Thu 17-Jul-08 11:36 PM
1287 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#67. "Crater Lake, Oregon"
In response to Reply # 0

Phoenix, US

D200
Nikon 18-200 @ 18mm
f8
ISO 100

russg Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Nov 2007Thu 17-Jul-08 11:38 PM
#68. "Crater Lake, Oregon at Sunrise"
In response to Reply # 0

Phoenix, US

D200
Nikon 18-200 @ 18mm
f22
ISO 100

russg Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Nov 2007Thu 17-Jul-08 11:43 PM
#69. "Cascade Creek Flowing Into the Animas River, Colorado"
In response to Reply # 0

Phoenix, US

D200
Nikon 18-200 @ 18mm
1/350
f6.7
ISO 100

russg Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Nov 2007Thu 17-Jul-08 11:52 PM
#70. "Totem Pole and Yei Bi Chei, Monument Valley, Arizona"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu 17-Jul-08 11:59 PM by russg

Phoenix, US

D200
Nikon 18-200 @ 18mm
1/160
f6.7
ISO 100

russg Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Nov 2007Thu 17-Jul-08 11:55 PM
#71. "Provo River Falls, Utah"
In response to Reply # 0

Phoenix, US

D200
Nikon 18-200 @ 18mm
1/3
f16
ISO 100

russg Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Nov 2007Thu 17-Jul-08 11:58 PM
#72. "Morning Glory Pool, Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming"
In response to Reply # 0

Phoenix, US

D200
Nikon 18-200 @ 18mm
1/40
f8
ISO 100

Skattelite Silver Member Nikonian since 17th May 2006Fri 18-Jul-08 03:01 AM
1225 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#73. "RE: July Challenge: W I D E Angle"
In response to Reply # 0

Perth, AU

Nikon D200
12-24mm DX Nikkor
2 Stop GND
f/11, 1.6 sec.
Western Australia
Scott

My Nikonians Gallery

Mark Wells Gold Member Nikonian since 23rd Oct 2004Sat 19-Jul-08 04:21 AM
1668 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#74. "RE: July Challenge: W I D E Angle"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat 19-Jul-08 04:24 AM by Mark Wells

Adelaide, AU

Lake "Kurrawyn", outback Australia.

D3, 14-24mm @ 14mm, ISO 200, F9.

Cheers, Mark

Mark Wells

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Sat 19-Jul-08 05:03 AM
#75. "RE: July Challenge: W I D E Angle"
In response to Reply # 59

San Jose, US

Jose Mucho Gusto! I really like it a ot. Very creative!

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

camera"

flipsix3 Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Feb 2007Sat 19-Jul-08 07:22 AM
#76. "Bathsheba Beach, Barbados"
In response to Reply # 0

Leicester, GB

D200
18mm
ISO 200
1/80s @ f/18

*click for 1000px 155kb version*

Web Presence

MotoMannequin Moderator Awarded for his extraordinary skills in landscape and wildlife photography Nikonian since 11th Jan 2006Sun 20-Jul-08 12:01 AM
#77. "Badwater"
In response to Reply # 0

Livermore, CA, US

Badwater Basin in Death Valley

D50 Sigma 10-20mm @ 10mm ISO 200 f/9 1/320"

My Nikonians gallery

www.tempered-light.com

MotoMannequin Moderator Awarded for his extraordinary skills in landscape and wildlife photography Nikonian since 11th Jan 2006Sun 20-Jul-08 07:51 AM
#78. "Monterey Cypress"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun 20-Jul-08 07:52 AM by MotoMannequin

Livermore, CA, US

Taken at Point Lobos, Cypress Trail

D50 Nikkor 18-70 @ 18mm + Hoya C-PL ISO 200 f/11 1/160

My Nikonians gallery

www.tempered-light.com

mvdpol Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Dec 2007Sun 20-Jul-08 09:30 AM
74 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#79. "Vinyard Elsace France"
In response to Reply # 0

Tiel, NL

This shot was taken with a Nikon D80 18-200mmVR @18mm
ISO 400, shutter 1/400 aperture 10

mvdpol Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Dec 2007Sun 20-Jul-08 09:38 AM
74 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#80. "Park national ballon d'Elsage France"
In response to Reply # 0

Tiel, NL

This shot was taken with a Nikon D80 18-200mm VR @18mm,
ISO 250, shutter 1/200 and aperture 11.

skibreeze7 Gold Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for the continuous sharing of his inspirational photographic abilities and for helping and encouraging members as they advance from beginner into advanced photography. Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 18th Nov 2006Sun 20-Jul-08 09:00 PM
678 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#81. "Wreck of the Peter Iredale"
In response to Reply # 0

Astoria, US

A winning combination of tide conditions, cloud formations, and no sea fog, led to some great photo opportunities this past Monday.

Nikon D80
Aperture Priority
F/11
1 sec
ISO 100
Sigma 10-20mm @ 10mm
3-stop GND filter

Darryl
Oregon Coast

cchoc Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, most notably in Landscape Photography Charter MemberSun 20-Jul-08 11:52 PM
#82. "Broken Arch"
In response to Reply # 0

Marietta, US

Arches NP

D200
Sigma 10-20mm @ 14mm

Charlie...
www.chocphoto.com

Keylabunnie Registered since 27th Oct 2007Tue 22-Jul-08 05:59 AM
240 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#83. "RE: July Challenge: W I D E Angle"
In response to Reply # 74

US

Wow! Straight out of a fairytale.

Frances (^.^)

APN_PHOTOGRAPHY Silver Member Charter MemberTue 22-Jul-08 04:17 PM
1154 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#84. "RE: July Challenge: W I D E Angle"
In response to Reply # 0

Winona, US

Wow! Great shots everyone! Now I have something to work on this week... I may have to borrow a friends 14mm

Andy
Winona, MN
-------------------------------------------------------------
Please enjoy my images here: www.andrewnyhusphotography.com

C&C is always welcomed and encouraged!

davidd1833 Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Feb 2006Wed 23-Jul-08 09:52 AM
428 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#85. "RE: July Challenge: W I D E Angle"
In response to Reply # 74

Sydney, AU

Beautiful shot Mark

Reminds me of a Tom Roberts painting.

David

My Gallery

Marjani Moderator expert in ocean scapes and underwater photography Charter MemberWed 23-Jul-08 10:35 AM
#86. "W I D E Angle: Rainbows & Surf"
In response to Reply # 0

This was taken on Christmas Island, an Indian Ocean territory of Australia and our closest neighbour some 900km north east of Cocos.

D200 12-24mm @ 13mm
F11 @ 1/200s
Hand-held

Mark Wells Gold Member Nikonian since 23rd Oct 2004Fri 25-Jul-08 10:19 AM
#87. "Nora Creina - South Australia"
In response to Reply # 0

Adelaide, AU

D2x, 10.5mm.

Cheers, Mark

Mark Wells

cchoc Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, most notably in Landscape Photography Charter MemberSun 27-Jul-08 03:54 PM
#88. "Hoodoo HDR"
In response to Reply # 0

Marietta, US

Badlands National Park, South Dakota

3 shot HDR blended with Photomatix

D200
17-35mm @ 18mm, f/16

Charlie...
www.chocphoto.com

JustBob Registered since 19th Sep 2004Sun 27-Jul-08 10:09 PM
111 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#89. "RE: July Challenge: W I D E Angle"
In response to Reply # 0

Chadds Ford, US

Mesa Arch in Canyonlands National Park south of Moab, Utah. This HDR pano (33 total images) was shot with my D300 and Sigma 10-20 lens at 20mm. The aperture was f/8 and shutter speed ranged from 1/15s to 1/60s. The camera was mounted vertically on my tripod.

JustBob

www.justbobimages.com

JustBob Registered since 19th Sep 2004Sun 27-Jul-08 10:28 PM
111 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#90. "RE: July Challenge: W I D E Angle"
In response to Reply # 0

Chadds Ford, US

Tower Falls in Yellowstone National Park. This HDR image was captured with my D200 and Sigma 10-20 lens at 20mm. The aperture was f/20 and shutter speed ranged from 1 to 6 seconds using a variable ND filter.

JustBob

www.justbobimages.com

Jose Andres Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Mar 2003Mon 28-Jul-08 02:00 PM
#91. "RE: July Challenge: W I D E Angle"
In response to Reply # 89

Buenos Aires, AR

hi Bob. Nice to hear from you in this thread.
I witnessed this superb image, since we both shared that magnific April's sunrise. Excellent job Bob.
I did the same like you but I have not processed the panos yet, since I am now delving into handling Capture NX2 and printing (a lot to study). However, my following step is to delve into HDR. I purchased Blotch's book so I am looking forward to handling it in the future.

Jose, nikonian

MotoMannequin Moderator Awarded for his extraordinary skills in landscape and wildlife photography Nikonian since 11th Jan 2006Tue 29-Jul-08 07:57 AM
#92. "Chimney Tree"
In response to Reply # 0

Livermore, CA, US

This is shot looking straight up through the hollow trunk of a burned old growth coast redwood in Big Basin Redwoods Park. The tree was about 12' diameter at the bottom.

D300 Sigma 10-20 @ 10mm HDR of 5 images f/13 1/40" 1/20" 1/10" 1/5" 1/2.5" ISO800 processed in Photomatix

My Nikonians gallery

www.tempered-light.com

Hinni Registered since 29th Oct 2005Tue 29-Jul-08 06:24 PM
270 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#93. "Wooden Pier at Blue Hour"
In response to Reply # 0

Bahía de Banderas, MX

Nikon D200
Nikkor 12-24mm/F4 @ 12mm
F/8 @ 0.8s
ISO 200
Mini-Tripot, slight corp

Saludos y animo

Stephan Hinni

f11digital.com

MissD Registered since 20th Jun 2007Wed 30-Jul-08 05:52 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#94. "Boat at Beadnell"
In response to Reply # 0

GB

Hello,

My first ever post so I hope I get this right. And not a patch on the others, but you have to start somewhere......

This was taken at the beginning of this month whilst holidaying in Beadnell, Northumberland. Spent quite a bit of time on this beach, and this boat was always there, so on the last day I decided I'd better get on and photograph it.

D200, Nikon 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G lens, focal length 18mm, 1/320s @ f/22

Best wishes, Cheryl

AaronO Registered since 26th Feb 2008Wed 30-Jul-08 07:18 PM
48 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#95. "RE: July Challenge: W I D E Angle"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu 31-Jul-08 03:02 PM by AaronO

Akron, US

D40
Sigma 10-20mm HSM with C-PL
@10mm
F/13, 10/13s, ISO 200
No post-processing
Hocking Hills State Park, Ohio
Earlier heavy rains fed the rushing water and the mist around the falls.

DeanAZ Moderator Expert nature photographer Nikonian since 28th Apr 2007Thu 31-Jul-08 05:46 AM
3707 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#97. "Haystack Rock"
In response to Reply # 0

Phoenix, US

Here is a pseudo-HDR from a single exposure from our recent visit to the Pacific NW. I have already posted a version where I just processed the raw file in Capture NX but I think I like this better.

D40 Sigma 18-200 OS @18mm
F/8 1/1000s

Dean
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Nikonians Team Member

Recent Trips: Grand Canyon 2012 Glen Canyon 2012 West Clear Creek

MotoMannequin Moderator Awarded for his extraordinary skills in landscape and wildlife photography Nikonian since 11th Jan 2006Thu 31-Jul-08 01:52 PM
#98. "Nature's Floor Tiles"
In response to Reply # 0

Livermore, CA, US

On top of the Devil's Postpile.

D50 Sigma 10-20mm @ 14mm 1/500" f/8 ISO200 C-PL

My Nikonians gallery

www.tempered-light.com

MotoMannequin Moderator Awarded for his extraordinary skills in landscape and wildlife photography Nikonian since 11th Jan 2006Thu 31-Jul-08 01:55 PM
#99. "California Poppies"
In response to Reply # 0

Livermore, CA, US

D300 Sigma 10-20 @ 10mm + C-PL ISO 200 f/11 1/160"

My Nikonians gallery

www.tempered-light.com

Valentino Gold Member Awarded for high level skills in landscape and wildlife photography Nikonian since 04th Dec 2004Thu 31-Jul-08 04:14 PM
#100. "New Jersey Sunset"
In response to Reply # 0

US

New Jersey Sunset taken form a "scenic view" rest stop along interstate 80

Larger version

Nikon D300 w/tripod
Nikon 10.5 f/2.8 Fisheye
f/19, Cloudy White Balance
HDR composite from Photomatix bracketed exposures from 1/6 - 1/90 sec

Albert J Valentino

Vantage Point Images

Mokai Registered since 22nd May 2007Thu 31-Jul-08 05:41 PM
552 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#101. "Crater Lake Sunset..."
In response to Reply # 0

US

Exposure: 0.4 sec (2/5)
Aperture: f/14
Focal Length: 12 mm
ISO Speed: 200
Tripod

Andrew
My Web Site
http://www.apertureview.org

Mokai Registered since 22nd May 2007Thu 31-Jul-08 05:52 PM
552 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#102. "Crater Lake meets the Night Sky"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Exposure: 96 minutes
Aperture: f/4
Focal Length: 12 mm
ISO Speed: 200
Tripod
Remote release
No Long exposure NR

Andrew
My Web Site
http://www.apertureview.org

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #31762 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.