Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #159864
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Profile of a Gull" Previous topic | Next topic
jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Nikonian since 21st Mar 2009Sat 13-Jul-13 02:10 PM
4492 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Profile of a Gull"

Milwaukee, US

Taken with Nikon D7000, Sigma 50-500 at 460mm (equivalent 690mm), f/8, 1/1000s, ISO 200, Aperture Priority. Taken in the Upper Peninsula Michigan along the shore.

jdroach, a Milwaukee area and sometimes Chicago area Nikonian.

Visit my Nikonians Blog

Visit my Nikonian gallery

My Flickr Photostream

jdroachphotography.com

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
vangophotos Silver Member Nikonian since 01st May 2012Sat 13-Jul-13 04:32 PM
209 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Profile of a Gull"
In response to Reply # 0

San Antonio, US

I like the headshot, great subject isolation and bokeh, colors and sharpness of the eye.

Jorn

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community Nikonian since 12th Sep 2006Sat 13-Jul-13 10:05 PM
11321 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Profile of a Gull"
In response to Reply # 0

Lowden, US

Nice portrait!

Dave Summers
Lowden, Iowa
Nikonians Photo Contest Director

Nikonians membership -
"My most important photographic investment, after the camera"

My Nikonians Gallery | SummersPhotoGraphic.com | My Crated Gallery
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Showcase your best work in any of our 7 Monthly Nikonians Photo contests.

Wildlife | Landscape | Macro | Sports | Travel | Online Assignments | Best of Nikonians 2014

jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Nikonian since 21st Mar 2009Sat 13-Jul-13 10:35 PM
4492 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Profile of a Gull"
In response to Reply # 1

Milwaukee, US

Jorn,

Thank you for looking and commenting.

John

Visit my Nikonians Blog

My Flickr Photostream

jdroachphotography.com

jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Nikonian since 21st Mar 2009Sat 13-Jul-13 10:35 PM
#4. "RE: Profile of a Gull"
In response to Reply # 2

Milwaukee, US

Thanks, Dave....much appreciated.

Visit my Nikonians Blog

My Flickr Photostream

jdroachphotography.com

slopoki1 Silver Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 13th Jun 2012Mon 15-Jul-13 09:00 PM
1333 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Profile of a Gull"
In response to Reply # 0

Homestead, US

Nice portrait. Color, detail, background all there.
Rick

Visit
http://www.slopoki1.com/Nature

af4nc Gold Member Nikonian since 07th Jul 2007Mon 15-Jul-13 09:05 PM
3192 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Profile of a Gull"
In response to Reply # 0

Yardley, US

Beautiful, nice job on exposure and the whites! Sharp too!

Tom MILLS
Its all about the light and composition
My best investment is my Nikonians membership.
af4nc@msn.com
www.tommills.zenfolio.com

jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Nikonian since 21st Mar 2009Mon 15-Jul-13 10:54 PM
#7. "RE: Profile of a Gull"
In response to Reply # 5

Milwaukee, US

Rick,Thank you!

Visit my Nikonians Blog

My Flickr Photostream

jdroachphotography.com

jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Nikonian since 21st Mar 2009Mon 15-Jul-13 10:55 PM
#8. "RE: Profile of a Gull"
In response to Reply # 6

Milwaukee, US

Tom, thank you.

Visit my Nikonians Blog

My Flickr Photostream

jdroachphotography.com

Countryboy Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Mar 2007Tue 16-Jul-13 01:37 PM
4329 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Profile of a Gull"
In response to Reply # 0

Jackson, US

A very nice one. I like being able to see through the beak. The background is excellent.

Tom

jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Nikonian since 21st Mar 2009Tue 16-Jul-13 02:03 PM
#10. "RE: Profile of a Gull"
In response to Reply # 9

Milwaukee, US

Tom, thank you for looking and commenting.

Visit my Nikonians Blog

My Flickr Photostream

jdroachphotography.com

Cavy2 Silver Member Awarded for her continuing willingness to keep on learning and to share her knowledge with others in the Nikonians spirit Nikonian since 02nd Aug 2006Tue 16-Jul-13 02:26 PM
4267 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: Profile of a Gull"
In response to Reply # 10

Newtown, US

Hi John,
Nice detail, and love the touch of color. Added bonus, being able to see through his beak.

http://kathycavallaro.smugmug.com/

jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Nikonian since 21st Mar 2009Tue 16-Jul-13 02:33 PM
#12. "RE: Profile of a Gull"
In response to Reply # 11

Milwaukee, US

Thank you, Kathy.

Visit my Nikonians Blog

My Flickr Photostream

jdroachphotography.com

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #159864 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.